[Spoilers] Can't progress at 7th Street

Buttulon

So, I just reached the point where you first go to 7th Street, and for some reason, El is nowhere to be found. I looked up a couple of walkthroughs, and in every video I found, El was there immediately. I defeated Radomus and went through the bit with Team Meteor. Is there an event I missed that caused him not to appear?

5 minutes ago, Buttulon said:

So, I just reached the point where you first go to 7th Street, and for some reason, El is nowhere to be found. I looked up a couple of walkthroughs, and in every video I found, El was there immediately. I defeated Radomus and went through the bit with Team Meteor. Is there an event I missed that caused him not to appear?

I'm not sure, but don't you have to beat Bennet first?

Also, I believe you have to make sure you talk to everyone there is

iirc the sequence is as follows:

Spoiler

1. talk to one of the Aqua/Magma Grunts and he'll mention how some suspicious guy in a white robe bought something from one of the vendors

2. talk to that one guy standing in the tiny fenced-in area in southwestern corner of 7th Street, he'll mention somebody entering the watering hole

3. walk in and out of the building with the healing machine, you'll see Bennet walking offscreen.

4. follow him into the side area and talk to him, he'll leave the entrance to El's hideoute unlocked for you

5. One of the containers in front of the buildings nearby moved to the side, revealing a door. Go in there.