How should i Breed?

bobthebobby

Im trying to breed perfect ivs but its really hard since i dont have any 6 ivs to start with. I did the math and with my pokemon the best chance of getting a 6iv male is 1/248, and on top of that i only pave good 5 is in two egg groups and would like to extent them to all groups. Should i just use my 5 ivs males to breed or is 6 pretty much required to breed?

I do believe there are two options for you right now: breed and breed again the 5 IV mons until you get a 6 IV since IVs pass down or have a trade with someone who has a 6IV mon. The former is harder but it is something you can do yourself while the latter is way easier but you'd need someone to trade with. So, take your pick. Tbh, the former is better.

Having 5IV Fathers for each Egg Group is good enough, you only need the 6IV Parents to guarantee all the offsprings to be 5IV or have a higher chance of getting another 6IV. 

Edited by Lightseeker

2 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

Having 5IV Fathers for each Egg Group is good enough, you only need the 6IV Parents to guarantee all the offsprings to be 5IV or have a higher chance of getting another 6IV. 

yeah im trying to get all offsprings with 5 ivs minus either spa and atk

If you want a 6 IV, the best would be using 2 Pokémon with 5iv (each with a different IV spread, with that i mean the x stat should be in different stats for both parents) and since you want a male, try using a Pokémon with better chance to get a male, like a starter or a fossil

The best chance you can get with that using power items and destinity knot is less than 2 percent (1,875%) if I'm not mistaken (this is for a 6 IV... For a male it depends on the Pokémon, but if you get a 6iv female and use power items your chance goes to 1 in 32 (3.125%)

Also trading a 6 IV to get another is good to do, since you would that way get a Pokémon with a different ot and the eggs would come faster.

Edited by Anti_Hero