Aironfaar's Assorted Mods v1 [E17.1][deprecated]

Aironfaar

While playing Pokémon Reborn, I started tinkering with mods, which originally spawned only my Additional Options Mod [E17.1]. At some point, however, I started creating mods that didn't fit in there, so this is my place to publish them. They all use the modular approach introduced by Waynolt's SWM modular modpack [E17.1] and are compatible with other mods as per the "Compatible mods" section.
Download: v1 - 2018-03-30

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vQ3DxfNoB3nRoceifA6zqi37S_afmp1m
Older versions:

Spoiler

none yet!

Installation:

Extract the contents of the .zip file to <Pokémon Reborn install path>\Data, including the Mods folder. Should you already use a mod using the modular approach with a Mods folder like this, skip the Scripts.rxdata file. Otherwise, you may want to rename the original Scripts.rxdata (to something like Scripts.rxdata.bak) for easy uninstallation of the mod.

If you don't want to use one of the mods, remove the corresponding files from the Mods folder. Read the "Description of the mods" section to find out which files belong to which mod.

Uninstallation:

Replace the modded Scripts.rxdata with the original one and delete the Mods folder in <Pokémon Reborn install path>\Data.

If you want to keep using other mods using the same modular approach, only delete the .rb files that came with this mod.

Description of the mods:

Spoiler

EggWaitingIcon makes an egg icon appear in the upper left corner of the screen when an egg is waiting for pickup in the Daycare. It becomes visible upon the first step a player takes after the egg has been generated.

Files: EggWaitingIcon.png, EggWaitingIcon.rb

GenerateSpecificID is less a mod for regular playing and more a proof of concept I originally created for E16, i.e. way before my Additional Options mod, and ported to E17.1 as a modular mod just because I can. Ha. It adds a function to the EV/IV/pID section of a pokémon's Debug menu that allows you to generate a pID for the pokémon so that it natively has the nature, ability, gender and shininess you enter. This doesn't allow you to give a pokémon an ability or gender it can't normally have. Also, to use it, you'll have to find a way to access the game's Debug menu.

Files: GenerateSpecificID.rb

LearnPrevolutionMoves lets the move relearner teach a pokémon the moves of its prevolutions. As a side effect, this means you can also, for instance, have a level 19 Ivysaur "relearn" the move Razor Leaf, which it normally learns at level 20, at the expense of a Heart Scale because Bulbasaur would have learnt it at level 19.

Files: LearnPrevolutionMoves.rb

Changelog:

Spoiler

v1 - 2018-03-30

- initial release

Compatible mods:

Spoiler

Thanks to:

The whole Pokémon Reborn team for creating and continuing to work on this wonderful fan game, obviously!

@Sardines for helping me with some things I didn't understand about Ruby when starting to fiddle around with mods for this game.

@Waynolt for bringing a modular approach to mods to Pokémon Reborn.

On 5.4.2018 at 12:15 AM, DDriggs00 said:

LearnPreevolutionMoves seems pretty OP.  If you were to check if the current evolution will learn it at a higher level before allowing it to be learned, it would make it more balanced.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm not sure I agree, though. With the availability of Common Candy in Reborn, all the mod does is replace the level and money grind before evolving by a considerably more comfortable Heart Scale grind. If you put enough time into it, you can get the very same results without the mod installed anyway. That said, the mod is supposed to cater to players who want a certain moveset but don't have enough time available or simply don't like the intense grind. Also, it's meant to make mistakes like accidentally forgetting the wrong move less unfortunate.