Grand Festival time! OU RMT by DestructiveSkitty!

Grand Festival time!

Hey guys, DestructiveSkitty is back again with another RMT. This team has been my most successful ORAS team, and has some nicknames that I thought were creative and that represents "me". Not really, but let's get this show on the road.

Here's what the team is from team preview...

381.png243.png227.png445.png490.png334-mega.png

Now for the details...

381.gif
High in the Sky (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

This Latios is kind of a Hit and run mon, then again, I think most Latios are? Anyway, this Latios has perfect coverage against everything, so don't be afraid to predict! Although it lacks Defog, I actually haven't had problems with opposing hazard users. I can get the opponent to defog them off of my field, or they can use Rapid Spin and take like 30% from Garchomp with Rocky Helmet+Rough Skin, so I don't need Hazard Control. Recover is there so I can have longevity and hit back more times.

243.gif
Alone in the Alley (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [ice]

Raikou is pretty underrated, I like to think. Most offensive teams don't have a answer for Raikou, which ORAS is really going toward the direction of being a heavily offensive based meta-game, in my opinion. Set up Sub, get some Calm Minds ready, and use the appropriate move to take on the opponent in the form of a pseudo Bolt+Beam combination.

227.gif
Take my Blade (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Skarmory is one of my dedicated leads, I guess. I use Skarmory to check Fairys and Dragons, and set up Spikes as I progress through the game. Iron Head hits Mega Diancie hard, which my team is weak to. Also has the ability to 3HKO Clefable, possibly getting a flinch or whatever if I need it. Specially defensive Skarm so I can take Mega Diancie, Latios and Latias, and Clefable with Flamethrower if they don't have a boost.

445.gif
Can't take me down (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure

I like defensive Garchomp+special defensive Skarmory. I don't think there's anything that can beat these two, offensively. Keldeo can muscle it's way past them, but Latios, Raikou, and Mega Altaria checks it fine. Garchomp is my other dedicated lead, along with Skarmory. Set up Stealth Rock, and be passive with this thing. Use Dragon Tail to prevent sweeps or threats to come in. It also racks up some nice Hazard entry damage. Earthquake is just to hit Heatran and for chip damage. Endure is used so I live just a bit longer against something like Mega Lopunny, Mega Metagross, and other pokemon who rely on a lot of physical attacks. Gives me another turn of Rocky Helmet+Rough Skin.

490.gif
Let's have fun (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 248 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Manaphy is my second sweeper, along with Raikou. However, Manaphy is kinda used against slower and bulkier teams. Set up a Tail Glow, and use the appropriate coverage moves. Surf is a strong STAB that's just mandatory, while Ice Beam hits annoying Dragons and Grass types that can be a problem. Hidden Power Fire was kinda in a war vs Energy Ball, but I decided that I really want to hit Ferrothorn and OHKO Scizor, instead of hitting water pokemon, which Raikou can handle.

tumblr_nmp514kuz51suni9po1_540.gif
Soft as True Love (Altaria) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 255
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Ah, the mega of the team. You should only bring in Mega Altaria, after every Steel type Pokemon is removed, otherwise Altaria will just get skinned alive, like the puppies killed by Cruella. Dragon Dance makes Altaria a formidable sweeper, while Return and Roost are pretty much mandatory so I can attack and heal up whenever it's necessary. Refresh is the last slot, so I don't get screwed over by something dumb like Thunder Wave from Thundurus, or passive burns/poison damage. It has benefited me a lot, and I don't really need to run a coverage move because my team can already deal with everything Altaria cannot. Hell Bell instead of Refresh, because my team can really use the support. Rupe and Void have my thanks for this change.

So that's the team. Here's shoutouts tho.

Thanks to and @Void for testing this team with me. It was nice playing against these two, since they both have a variety of teams that let me saw some weaknesses, and what to do about them for myself.

Thanks to @Ikaru for the powerful Mega Altaria gif. #tumblr

Importable:

Soft as True Love (Altaria) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 255
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell
High in the Sky (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 Atk / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
Alone in the Alley (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [ice]
Take my Blade (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Roost
Can't take me down (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure
Let's have fun (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 248 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

You're right about Gengar. Nothing can come in safely against it. However, Gengar can't freely switch in either. I got some solutions to this thing

• Raikou does indeed check this Gengar, can Calm Mind, then threaten a Thunderbolt.
  • Before Mega evolving, Altaria can live a Sludge Wave/Shadow Ball, Dragon Dance up, and can kill Life Orb Gengar. Although I'm screwed if it has the rare Icy Wind or Hidden Power Ice.

+1 252+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 240-282 (92.6 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
  • Skarmory can sort of tank a Shadow Ball, since specially defensive, and can do about 45% to Gengar with Iron Head.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 153-183 (45.8 - 54.7%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 109-129 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I can put more offensive pressure on Gengar, more than it can on me. Although it is something that I should watch out for, though. Thanks for the threatlist thing!

This is a small change, but wouldn't cloud nine be more useful in Altaria before megaevolving? Like... then you can deal with rain and sand just coming in with Altaria. And since you're using heal bell, natural cure won't be that useful.

Ayy, Yeah I have battled the team a lot and I think it is solid overall. As long as you play correctly you should be able to beat every type of team. Most of the pokes that threaten your team are the ones that can set up like sd weavile and volc with hp ice/giga/firemove. They will be able to set up on latios (if it dracos) so just make sure you watch out for them. I am not sure how I feel about three set up sweepers in a balanced team but it has somehow been working out for you so that’s good. Gengar usually has fun against most balanced/bulky offensive teams so you will just have to play really well against it.

I usually just play around those threats though, since Altaria can break Volcarona, and Weavile can't set up on skarm because whirlwind. If it sets up on anything else, well it can't or else it takes a hefty amount of damage. Still stuff I should watch out for I guess. Thanks

Interesting enough, while Raikou is one of the main sweepers of your team, a similar Raikou set would wreck havoc on your team. A CM Boosted T-Bolt/HP Ice Combo would be sufficent to destroy most of your team members, not to mention the extra turn Sub would buy. As long as your own Raikou is still alive, it should be able to prevent a sweep from another Raikou. With your battling prowess, I honestly doubt you'll get yourself into this sort of situation, but just some food for thought.