To Pimp A Butterfly [ADV NU]

Jelly

To Pimp A Butterfly

An ADV NU RMT

Introduction

'Sup guys, Jelly here again... Well until I decide to become more active on the forums I've decided to leave you guys with an RMT in one of my favorite tiers that I've recently discovered n_n. This team is basically a bulky offense team that was made with the intention of having a bunch of wallbreakers/bulky pivots to help aid Huntail in sweeping. Without further adieu, the team:

Teambuilding Process

(in spoilers for decluttering n_n)

367.gif

I decided to build around Huntail because it goes from 0-100 in one turn (real quick). From one of middling speed to the fastest mon in the tier in a single turn. Being fairly physically bulky it has numerous setup opportunities against varying attackers easing the need for predictions when bringing Huntail in.

367.gif075.gif

The next thing I needed was a check to Fire-types, Plusle, and Flying-types. Graveler was my best choice for its ability to take on some of the things that threaten Huntail while also being able to dent whatever comes in.

367.gif075.gif332.gif362.gif

I decided I needed a way to combat opposing stall teams and slower powerhouses such as Chimecho, Sudowoodo, and Relicanth. Cacturne deals with all three of these 'mons as if they weren't even there tbh. Glalie helps combat opposing stall by setting spikes and potentially exploding on something that walls Huntail.

367.gif075.gif332.gif362.gif358.gif

Offensive support Chimecho sets up Reflect and Toxics things to help Huntail in sweeping. It also serves as a cleric for the team while also checking (s)Hitmonchan.

367.gif075.gif332.gif362.gif358.gif107.gif

Ah, the undisputed world champion of ADV NU. If you make a team without Hitmonchan on it. you're doing something wrong. It's so versatile and powerful there's no reason to not use it.

And that's about it! I just rearranged the team a bit to have Glalie lead to set up spikes. It ends up looking a bit like this:

362.gif367.gif107.gif075.gif358.gif332.gif

The Squad

362.gif

Mortal Man

Glalie @ Salac Berry

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Endure
- Explosion
Suicide lead with a bit of innovation. Glalie is a very very common suicide lead and this set aims to shut them down. Taunt turn 1 and then Endure the next turn expecting the Explosion. Salac berry then activates allowing you to outspeed whatever then comes in. You can then Explode or set up a layer of Spikes. Been playing this tier for a week and a half and I'm already innovating call me a god.
--------------------------------
I been wrote off before, I got abandonment issues
I hold grudges like bad judges, don’t let me resent you
367.gif
u
Huntail @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
One of the most threatening one-turn setup sweepers in existence. Rain Dance allows you to outspeed the entire meta after one turn. Then Surf hits like a truck and basically 2HKOs most of the meta outside Grass-types. Ice Beam is for said Grass-types. HP Electric is for opposing Waters while also hitting Pelipper for 4x supereffective damage.
I'm fucked up, but I ain't as fucked up as you
You just can't get right, I think your heart made of bullet proof
Shoulda killed yo ass a long time ago
You shoulda feeled that black revolver blast a long time ago
107.gif
King Kunta
Hitmonchan (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Mach Punch
As previously stated, if one does not use Hitmonchan in this tier then you must either want to lose or are imposing some wild limitations on yourself. I went with the SubPunch variant to ease prediction while also packing Mach Punch to being able to counter random SubSalac mons.
Bitch where was you when I was walkin'
Now I run the game, got the whole world talkin', King Kunta
Everybody wanna cut the legs off him
075.gif
i
Graveler @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
I needed a check to the ever-prevalent Plusle (yes it's good in this tier wtf). Graveler was my first choice over Wishcash because it gives me another "Oh Shit" button while also being able to hit everything with the EarthSlide combo.
I duck these cold faces, post up fi-fie-fo-fum basis
Dreams of reality's peace
Blow steam in the face of the beast
Sky could fall down, wind could cry now
Look at me motherfucker I smile
358.gif
How Much A Dollar Cost
Chimecho @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Reflect
I figured I needed a check to Hitmonchan on this team so I went with the most common check in Chime. Offensive support Chime is my favorite set due to its ability to support my sweepers like no other support mon.
Have you ever opened up Exodus 14?
A humble man is all that we ever need
Tell me how much a dollar cost
332.gif
Hood Politics
Cacturne @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Destiny Bond
- Thunder Punch
Cacturne is my check to slow 'mons that would otherwise break my team or wall me. It's also my primary counter to opposing Chimecho. No one expects non-spike Cacturne in this gen so this catches plenty of people off guard. ;]
The little homies called, they said, "The enemies done cliqued up"
Oh, yeah? Puto want to squabble with mi barrio?
Oh, yeah? Tell 'em they can run it for the cardio
Oh, yeah? Everythin' is everythin', it's scandalous
Slow motion for the ambulance, the project filled with cameras
Endtroduction
Welp that's about it for now. For a little backstory on the theme, I immediately fell in love with Kendrick's album as soon as it came out because every track was unique and it had a ton of beats that you wouldn't expect any rapper these days to use. Shoutouts to everyone in the AO channel for generally being great people I can always depend on n_n. Also shoutouts to the Salty Solosis PRCL team. I believe in you guys I just have too many responsibilities to be a manager and cba to use forums much w/ mod q anyway rofl. Hope you all enjoy this team. RIP Jelly.
Edited by Jelly