Ep13

Harry

So as i just saw on the home page Ep13 is due to come out at the start of September which is fantastic, but i'm needing some suggestions for my team. Currently its is:

Greninja(Lv:63) with extrasensory, waterpledge, dark pulse and hydropump

Darmanitan(Lv:610 with fire punch, flare blitz, belly drum, and superpower

Flygon(Lv:60) with crunch, dragon claw, earthquake, and rockslide

Leavanny(Lv:59) with cut, swords dance, leaf blade, and x-scissor

Florges(Lv:61) with moonblast, lucky chant, aromatherapy, and wish

Heracross(Lv:61) with brick break, close combat, chipaway, and megahorn

In the box i have a Lv54 gothitelle, a Lv:58 heliolisk, a Lv:59 pyroar.

I know that there is a horrible flying type weakness, but i'm not sure on what sort of team members would be good for the in rotation, so any advice would be fantastic either to cover my weakness or just a good addition in general. Cheers

• Support Squad

I'm not kidding, this topic nearly made me facewall SO hard

As for you team, it looks fairly solid bro. You may be underleveled, but with a bit of strategy and luck I think you'll pull through. It looks like you've done your fair share of grinding if you have those florges and heracross in your team.

I'm not kidding, this topic nearly made me facewall SO hard

This. I saw the topic name up in the top left of the main page and immediately groaned.

But yeah, personally swap Leavanny for Heliolisk. That's all I'd do.

Your team looks pretty solid bro, the only thing i'd suggest is an electric or a rock type pokemon to cover that flying gym that might be ahead. Aand do some more leveling if you have the time and patience. I personally leveled all of my pokes up to level 70 and stacked up on common candies for future

Tyrunt is amazing. Here's a tip. Use ability capsule (or just keep soft reseting) untill you get a Tyrunt with Sturdy. That's his hidden ability so when he evolves into Tyrantrum he will have Rock Head (no recoil damage) which means you can use Head Smash without any drawbacks. Oh and also train Tyrunt and Tyrantrum with Bouffalounts (idk how to spell it) because they give you atk EV's and you'll have one mean Tyrantrum on your hands :D

Considering your Flying weakness, I'd like to point out that you can breed Ice Beam onto Greninja via Remoraid.

For Darmanitan, notable breeding options are Rock Slide via Camerupt/Drilbur, U-Turn via Mienfoo/Zorua or Flame Charge via Tepig/Ponyta. I'd especially recommend Flame Charge because of the Speed boost.

You might want to catch another Leavanny, in E13, Sewaddle will be learning Sticky Web at level 31 and Sticky Web will be fixed (currently broken). It's not really a good user of Swords Dance. With how many Physical attackers you have, I'd give it Screech instead.

Lucky Chant is really not worth a slot, Aromatherapy is rather situational and Wish is useful competitively, not as much when you have potions. You'd be better of using Petal Dance, Calm Mind and Psychic, the latter 2 can be gotten from Spritzee. The Obsidia Dept Store also has berries to cure the Confusion Petal Dance would induce.

To get Heracross's bread and butter set, you can use a Trapinch to pass Earthquake and Rock Slide onto Heracross. It's a pain to level, so you could also, use a level 39 Geodude to get EQ on Dwebble, get that level 29 for Rock Slide and then you can pass both onto Heracross.

For Tyrunt, I'd seriously recommend Dragon Dance by having it breed with Altaria (found by headbutting trees in Aventurine Forest). There's also 2 accuracy boosting items in the O.Dept Store. One always boosts accuracy by 10%, the other by 20% if you get outsped. That way, Head Smash would have 88%/96% accuracy.

(Regarding breeding, whoever has a move you want to pass on must be male)

Edited by Etesian

Well that sounds like a lot of work but it does sound useful, my Florges' moveset was purely because i wasn't sure what to breed onto it but that gives me a good idea of what sort of movesets to put on the rest of the team too. I am kind of new to breeding (only started in X and Y since it is much easier) so thanks for telling me how to get the moves and from where :) It's really appreciated.

Well that sounds like a lot of work but it does sound useful, my Florges' moveset was purely because i wasn't sure what to breed onto it but that gives me a good idea of what sort of movesets to put on the rest of the team too. I am kind of new to breeding (only started in X and Y since it is much easier) so thanks for telling me how to get the moves and from where :) It's really appreciated.

There's really not a lot of breeding options worth mentioning for your team. The only other thing you could do would be getting Scald onto Greninja along with Ice Beam. You'd need Panpour/Simipour>Psyduck/Buizel/Wooper>Remoraid>Greninja. Feel free to PM me regarding any sorta instructions.

Edited by Etesian

That's a nice team you have there.

Considering that the breeding options and flying weakness are already covered by others, there's not much left to point.

On the other note, why do you need help while having Lv:610 Darmanitan on your team. ;)