Dem Burst forms

Mechyfox

So, I was fooling around on bulbapedia when I cam across this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Burst
So, I immediately thought: why not include this in Pokémon Reborn?
We already have PULSE pokémons, will probably get mega evolutions, Burst forms could be implemented in a similar fashion.
For example, when you fight some of the more notable bad guys while no PULSE pokémon is present, they could use this Burst mode to give the player a challenge (and the whole feeling of it would be cool in my opinion).
So what do you guys think of this whole Burst thing?

Edited by Mechyfox

...huh. That's neat.

A problem would be creating original sprites for said Burst Warriors, though. Custom stats, abilities, even moves would also be subject to debate, but the freedom that comes with the idea would be quite immense.

To save time on spriting, burst forms could have only general human features. What I mean is, if on that link you look at the different burst forms, you can see the Bouffalant and Throw ones, they have such general male features they could be used for literally every guy who fuses with those pokémons.
Or just make sprites for the very special cases, similar to PULSE pokémons, there dont have to be a Burst form for every possible human+pokémon combination.
I dont think Ame would have much problem tweaking stats and attacks though.

I think it would be messy, and kinda unfair since players wouldn't be able to go burst as well, and like ark said, sprites ARE hard to do.

That and it would be too digimon:

shine_greymon_burst_mode.jpg?w=595

EDIT: So they fuse with their pokemon too? That would be a little weird imo (btw digimon does that too lol).

Edited by Telos

Well, we cant go PULSE either, and we're reborn players, we're used to disadvantages, arent we?
And dont look at me, I just found it while surfing a pokémon site, Burst forms are used in a legit pokémon manga, wether it was already done before by another franchise or not.
And let's be honest here, mega evolutions are kinda already Digimon-ish, arent they? <o<
I'm just saying if it's a new, interesting concept that is used in original pokémon media, then it could be included in a game aswell.

I don't see it happening the way the story is going for reborn as of now. Of course I could see it happening as extra content for maybe one battle. Making sprites can be difficult depending on what you're trying to make. As a newb, I'm struggling with a harder portion of it. This kind of thing could be done but like I said if it isn't with the original plan then it could happen as after game content. Other than that ame could be risking hours of work that could be spent elsewhere.

It's an interesting idea, but the work that would be required for implementing it ...

Maybe it could be something like a post-game Easter egg of sorts, since I really can't see this particular concept going into the canon story of Reborn itself, given the way the plot has unfolded thus far in the game.

maybe have it as some sort of post champion challenge with a reward of some type?

Team Meteor can always experiment with new ideas. Actually, I think they DID do that indeed. There's a hidden fight in the byxbysion tunnels against a Garbodor, a TALKING Garbodor, and right next to it you can find a pulse machine. I assumed team meteor experimented with fusing pokémon with humans or turning humans into pokémons.

...but all he wanted was just a hug. >:

Edited by Mechyfox

I wouldn't go pegging Mr.Bigglesworth's ability to speak English on the Meteors trying to fuse him with a human. perhaps a mind swap or something,

but actually gene splicing to form a new creature entirely? we really don't have evidence of that, considering that during the fight, Bigglesworth looks just like any other Garbodor... and god knows what they might have done to him with that Pulse machine...

Edited by Stratos