Custom Shiny Sprites Archives Idea?

Momotaro

I've been wandering around the Development thread about determining custom shiny sprites, and I saw many good ones that, sadly, were rejected, or will not be implemented as their "default" custom shiny color. So I was wondering if maybe make an archive like the Pokemon Location guide, but for different/personal custom shinies for anyone that likes them to download and use. What are your thoughts?

PS. Yes, I am aware that the Development thread already has those sprites, but most of the good ones were only pitched in ideas and not completed, plus, making an archive thread would make it more organized and less of a hassle to go through 18 pages + of comments and front sprite ideas.

Also, for taking the time to read through this, here's a Mienshao.

jYIPcMy.pngyQK5dt6.png

620s.png 620sb.png

Also a Vinny Sneasel and Weavile (please dun be mad Vinny :c )

g6BTe40.pngX44IILL.png

215s.png 215sb.png

CazPSGh.png2cf77Rl.png (Note: They are for male Sneasel/Weavile)

461s.png 461sb.png

Edited by Momotaro

Yes! Yes please!

shinytyphlosion.png

They look nice, but try to save each apart, and with transparent background, so it's easier to download and paste into the folder. ;w;

If ya can't give it transparency, I'll see what I can do about it when I post them on the main post when others post theirs and stuff. ^^

They should be 160x160 pixels, saved as a .png, and two separate files.

Is it 160x160? i usually just take them from game's files, which are 192x192

Edit:

I just noticed, the back sprites are 192x192, the front sprites are 160x160.

Edited by Momotaro

Hmm... well:

First: The topic you were talking about (This one), it's basically what you are asking for("an archive like the Pokemon Location guide, but for different/personal custom shinies"). It's just "not official" for a lack of a better term. Also, it's not everyone that wants to change shiny sprites. Most people will accept the shiny the way they are/will be. If you know how to change the game sprites, feel free to do so. It's not like anyone can stop you.

Second: "and I saw many good ones that, sadly, were rejected" - Well... expected? After all, there are 719 (confirmed) pokemons. People can make over a million sprites, and only one will be picked in the end anyway, cuz afaic, a pokemon can't have multiple shiny sprites. So... yeah. Good sprites will be left behind, because there are better ones. Which brings me back to the first point: "If you know how to changes sprites, do it."

To sum it up: I don't think people are "unhappy" with the custom sprites we have right now. And if they are, they aren't saying anything about it.

And keep in mind that the custom sprites thing is far from over. The 1st Gen custom sprites were finished in June, and the 2nd Gen custom sprites topic is still open, which means there's a lot of work to do. You might as well read the topic and see what you can edit, how or present a different idea maybe. I believe it would be appreciated.

And last thing: I like that Weavile, can i haz it?

Hmm... well:

First: The topic you were talking about (This one), it's basically what you are asking for("an archive like the Pokemon Location guide, but for different/personal custom shinies"). It's just "not official" for a lack of a better term. Also, it's not everyone that wants to change shiny sprites. Most people will accept the shiny the way they are/will be. If you know how to change the game sprites, feel free to do so. It's not like anyone can stop you.

Second: "and I saw many good ones that, sadly, were rejected" - Well... expected? After all, there are 719 (confirmed) pokemons. People can make over a million sprites, and only one will be picked in the end anyway, cuz afaic, a pokemon can't have multiple shiny sprites. So... yeah. Good sprites will be left behind, because there are better ones. Which brings me back to the first point: "If you know how to changes sprites, do it."

To sum it up: I don't think people are "unhappy" with the custom sprites we have right now. And if they are, they aren't saying anything about it.

And keep in mind that the custom sprites thing is far from over. The 1st Gen custom sprites were finished in June, and the 2nd Gen custom sprites topic is still open, which means there's a lot of work to do. You might as well read the topic and see what you can edit, how or present a different idea maybe. I believe it would be appreciated.

And last thing: I like that Weavile, can i haz it?

I have seen that thread, which is exactly why I made this one, I know that not many are unhappy about the currently picked custom shinies, but it would be nice to give a little modded variety, and since in that thread you have to go through pages of opinions and sprites, it would be a little time taking, so I just figured to let those people finish their personal ideas and for a thread to have them set up right at the first page like I am doing here.

And also, of course you can, that's the whole point of this thread xD

Is it 160x160? i usually just take them from game's files, which are 192x192

Edit:

I just noticed, the back sprites are 192x192, the front sprites are 160x160.

No in some programs, the back sprites resize themselves to 192x192 for some odd reason, trust me I know, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, and it always does this with backsprites. They should still be 160x160. It doesn't resize the actual sprite, just puts more blank space around it.

No in some programs, the back sprites resize themselves to 192x192 for some odd reason, trust me I know, I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, and it always does this with backsprites. They should still be 160x160. It doesn't resize the actual sprite, just puts more blank space around it.

I didn't particularly opened it in a program, but it seems that 4th gen sprites are at 160x160 and the 5th gen ones (back or front) are 192x192.

z7k452g.png But ultimately, Ame said that what mainly mattered was the pokemon, since the rest would just be transparent.