[Resolved] Breeding mechanics question

Ultra

Does passing on TM moves through breeding use the pre 6th gen mechanics (If the baby can learn the move as a TM move, it can inherit it through the father) or post 6th gen (Where TM moves can't be passed down unless they're lvl up/egg moves for the baby already).

Currently right now it is 5th Gen Mechanics. Amethyst has spread concern on this and she might switch over the breeding mechanics to 6th Gen in future episodes. You'll have to talk to her about it as this is out my reach. Sorry. :/

Thanks for the info

I think 6th gen mechanics would suit Reborn a bit better. Breeding should be a rewarding experience but being able chain until you get a competitive level moveset on top of EV training tips the seesaw and gives a player the uphill advantage against most same level challengers, and not vice verse like it should be.

It's not quite an "uphill advantage" considering, while you have access to some things, you don't have access to everything. There are some move combinations that aren't at all possible even via chain breeding. Ergo, the advantage is not yours, as all Gym Leaders have access to anything and everything they'd please.

Reborn is hard enough don't cause me more pain and suffering please and thank

It's not quite an "uphill advantage" considering, while you have access to some things, you don't have access to everything. There are some move combinations that aren't at all possible even via chain breeding. Ergo, the advantage is not yours, as all Gym Leaders have access to anything and everything they'd please.

Reborn is hard enough don't cause me more pain and suffering please and thank

If you are chain breeding, you're far more likely to choose the mons' that get all or most of what it needs. Passing TM moves down isn't game breaking on its own, but when you throw EV training into the equation gym leaders go from the juggernauts that put you at wits end to defeat to a nice little work out. At the end of the day, you're smarter than the AI, which is why it's perfectly fine for them to have better sets and mons. So even if your pokemon are even with theirs, it still gives you the advantage.

Pain and suffering is what I play this game for.

Edited by Ultra

I'm pretty sure Ame is going to implement the changes in the future anyway...

We have to wait for Essentials though, since that where the breeding mechanics work.

a.k.a It's not in Ame's control really. It's going to stay like that until Essentials update the breeding mechanics.

But you can bet she's going to update it in the future, and probably remove the TM thing... oh well, back to breeding everything!