My Favorite Revenge Sweepers

Arkhi

Nothing is more satisfying than taking down an enemy in one hit. So, to explain how I typically approach this, I'll quit stalling and show you the goods.

My third favorite:
Donphan @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Flail
- Knock Off/Stone Edge

Pretty self-explanatory. Because of Sturdy, Donphan can survive at least one hit without entry hazards. On the first turn, double that speed and shine those boots of yours. Donphan typically goes down to 1 HP in most scenarios, so we're going to use that to our advantage. This strategy is similar to my preferred Hitmonlee revenge sweeper: lower your health, get a berry boost, and sweep right through the enemy. I prefer Knock Off to provide support where possible. I've swept many teams with Ol' Reliable here.

My second favorite:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Draining Kiss
- Flash Cannon

While a setup is required, if you can rock this right, the game is shifted quite in your favor. I'll leave this without much explanation, but the most important thing is to go primarily for ID, so that you can survive an EQ. Other than that, lock it, load it, and go to town.

My personal favorite:
Hitmonlee @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Endure
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Oh, how you have saved my ass on so many occasions, Hitmonlee. It's like a better Donphan, sporting two 100 BP moves and that inane 1 HP 1.5x Atk Reversal. The only downside is that you need to use a turn for Endure, but outside of that, this method works quite well. Be sure to get up Rocks and take out priority-users like Dragonite damn thing ruins my sweeps.

Another revenge killer I like to use is the following:
Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sticky Hold
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Yawn

While technically not a sweeper, the Final Gambit is definitely lethal. If you can also force a switch with Yawn and set up Spikes, that can assist with Donphan/Hitmonlee

Opinions?
You know where to put them.

Possibly remove the mention of the Revenge Killer? This is just to prevent confusion between a Revenge Killer and a Sweeper. Most of the sets seem to be based on Unburden based on gems.

It would seem like a good idea but there are already good pokemon that perform this job better like Hawlucha.

I never really used too many Revenge Sweepers but I have a few examples from ones I've seen to ones I've used.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Moxie

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Satk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Fire Blast

- Outrage

I hate this fucker. It can function as both a killer and a sweeper due to moxie. Despite being weak to the occasional Mamoswine, Salamence is a very effective Revenge Sweeper that very few pokemon can effectively wall it. Seeing as mence already has a viable DD set, the choice scarf set becomes more surprising and gives Mence a bigger effect on his target. +1 Outrage from Mence HURTS. All of it's other moves are to prevent it from becoming wall'd by a switch in that usually walls Dragons such as Skarmory.

Will provide another example once I get home.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Super Power
- Ice Punch

Smogon Quote: "Aqua Jet is the reason to use Azumarill, so make sure to get the most out of it. Aqua Jet is an amazing revenge killing tool that OHKOes many offensive Pokemon that don't resist it and can even deal over 50% to the bulkiest offensive Pokemon in OU, Garchomp."

Edited by Nefalem

• 3 weeks later...