Be Careful with RPG Maker XP

Zaratuir

Pre-text - This is not a big deal, so if people don't have time to look into it, don't feel obligated to do so.

So, I decided to try to help out by downloading RPG Maker XP and learning a bit about it. I was mainly attempting to figure out a cause and solution to the glitch that I posted about here: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8434. Unfortunately, when I loaded rpg maker project file into my reborn folder and tried to playtest (without making any changes) to jump in and test some things, I encountered this error.
errorlog.txt
It seems like it's having trouble loading the maps correctly in RPG Maker which I'm wondering if that's related to the issues I posted about previously. Normally, I would have just ignored this and pegged it off as my computer, for whatever reason, can't playtest reborn. Not a big deal. Where I encountered the real issue was that afterwards when I attempted to load my game (the regular way), I encountered this error.

post-48357-0-58651600-1400908774_thumb.jpg

Fortunately, I already had a fresh download of reborn sitting still zipped on my desktop, and I was able to simply extract everything to remedy the second issue. However as far as both issues are concerned, I'm still learning a lot about game development and scripting, so if someone else is bored, has some free time, and wants to try to figure out what the issues are, please comment below.

Also, I'm putting this here instead of in troubleshooting because these only appear upon attempting to playtest with RPG Maker which is more to do with development and the average game user won't encounter these problems.

Edited by Zaratuir

The downloaded pokemon reborn game doesnt include the PBS folder (which is used in the rpg maker xp),so you cant hit that play test button (so only ame/others can give you those files.....).But,you can test it by loading the game normaly.

Also if you want to learn about rpg maker xp+pokemon essentials,then check the wiki ( http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki) and then forum ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=244 ).And if you need more help,feel free to pm me.:)

Interesting. Because it was only the townmap.txt file that was giving me the problems. It was actually able to create the rest of the PBS folder automatically and correctly (to the best of my knowledge) as seen in the attachment below. To be fair though, I don't have the originals for comparison.

Don't know if that's normal for RPG Maker or if my computer is just a bit special.

PBS.zip

Edited by Zaratuir

Here's a tip from someone who messed about with RPGXP and the works;

You don't want RPGXP and anything that was used to create Pokémon Reborn on the same computer. Your RPGXP engine is gonna try to read the files off of Pokémon reborn and you're gonna end up messing around with shit you shouldn't mess around with, thus resulting in shown errors.

Keep that in mind. n__n