Need help for making a pkmn game

HolyKnight

Hello everybody. The reason of this topic is for asking for help/advices and something else because i want to make a pkmn game.

what i do know is that the rpg maker is needed, but what kind of version? I had rpg maker vx ace.

What about sprites, and designs, do i had to draw them all?

I would appreciate your help, guys.

Thanks a lot.

My advice, or at least what I've heard is to use XP, and to write the story before you do anything else.

Also a lot of sprites will need to be made by you or someone else, assuming you want custom sprites. Some that are free use can be found, pr you can always use the one's the Nintendo has made.

Writing the story won´t be a problem (im a writter myself) but you´re right on using the rpg first, i hope isn´t complicated.

And about the sprites...that will be hell to me, i can´t draw a damn thing and, maybe im being too exagerated but i like to be original...guess i must find some who can help me, or to learn to draw sprites.

I suppose, or i hope that learning on how to use the rpg i will be able to import the sprites.

Thanks for the advice mate!

As far as I'm aware, only XP has Pokemon Essentials or an equivalent of it. I think they did start a similar project for VX Ace but it still hasn't been released. So unless you're super-awesome at scripting and stuff and can churn out the scripts yourself, it's probably best to get XP. Plus I like XP more then VX Ace (i have both :x )

Writing the story won´t be a problem (im a writter myself) but you´re right on using the rpg first, i hope isn´t complicated.

And about the sprites...that will be hell to me, i can´t draw a damn thing and, maybe im being too exagerated but i like to be original...guess i must find some who can help me, or to learn to draw sprites.

I suppose, or i hope that learning on how to use the rpg i will be able to import the sprites.

Thanks for the advice mate!

Just practice. Open up your photo editing program and just edit spires instead of making new one's. It's far easier to practice that way, and you may be able to churn out good ones. I know the feel though. I'm making my own game and I can pretty much do everything but sprite (mostly people) which is a problem. At least I can kind of sprite buildings and things.

But either way practicing is your best bet.

Just practice. Open up your photo editing program and just edit spires instead of making new one's. It's far easier to practice that way, and you may be able to churn out good ones. I know the feel though. I'm making my own game and I can pretty much do everything but sprite (mostly people) which is a problem. At least I can kind of sprite buildings and things.

But either way practicing is your best bet.

Will do. And im looking foward your game, but please...no poison double battles. just no, i beg it D: