Faithful Starter Mode!

SilverJakler

I made up a special rule for anyone who wants a little spice in their next playthrough. Here it is:

When you are in the room to select your starter, save the game, then check your Trainer Card. When you open up the Trainer Card menu, look at your ID Number in the top right, this will be the key factor in what starter you'll have in this run.

The first number will determine what type it'll be:

1-3 = Grass

4-6 = Fire

7-9 = Water

0 = Your choice

The next four numbers will determine what generation it's from (0 counts as an Even):

All Odd = Gen 1

All Even = Gen 2

2 Odds > 2 Evens (2 Odds add up to more than the Evens) = Gen 3

2 Evens > 2 Odds = Gen 4

3 Odds = Gen 5

3 Evens = Gen 6

In the event that 2 Odds and 2 Evens add up to the same number, you get to choose the Generation.

Example: If my ID Number is 23456, that means my type is Grass, and since the 2 Evens add up to be greater than the Odds, that means my Generation is 4. So my starter would be Turtwig!

Now, for the Faithful part...

Once you figure out what starter you're supposed to have, you HAVE to get that exact starter (you may soft reset as much as you want to get better IVs, Nature, and Ability, as long as you still get the proper starter).

You MUST use this Starter for the whole game, no switching it out of the party for something else (unless it's for something else that's not battling, like breeding or whatever).

You have to at least have your starter in your party (don't have to use them, they just have to be with you) in every battle you fight. And yes, EVERY battle.

One last rule that only applies to a Nuzlocke: Your starter will get 3 lives, refusing to die. But once that final life is gone, you have to release/permanently box it like normal.

And that's it, come back here and post what starter you get, and good luck!

This seems like a good idea. I like it a lot!

It would help me a lot, because I can't choose which to start! xD

Instead I'll do what do you do for the 1st thing to determine what type my starter should be and whatever my 2nd number is I'll make 1-5 to see which starter I choose c:

• 2 weeks later...

Well... normally I keep my starter for the whole game in every Pokemon game.

I just can't get over it to box it... I mean... it is my first Poke-Friend...

But the rule of choosing is interesting, since i would possibly always end up choosing Torchic. (I don't care if it's broken... It's just cute and cuddly as hell! :D)

Well... normally I keep my starter for the whole game in every Pokemon game.

I just can't get over it to box it... I mean... it is my first Poke-Friend...

But the rule of choosing is interesting, since i would possibly always end up choosing Torchic. (I don't care if it's broken... It's just cute and cuddly as hell! :D)

This. I have never, ever ever ever, abandoned my starter pokemon. My starter is my baby, my bestest best buddy. The only time I ever not used the regional starter was in instances where I decided to have a different starter, like in my Black 2 rom that I used a code to give me a level 5 Deino. The Deino was technically my starter in that case XD.

But this idea of choosing, and using it in every single battle....this intrigues me. I shall try this.

Glad you guys like my idea! Truth be told, I almost never abandon my starter pokemon, unless I'm IV breeding/EV training or whatever, but other than that they never leave my side.

I'm about to try this out for myself as well, I'll post back here when I find out what my starter is.

Alright, just did it on an alt file and got Fennekin (with Magician and sweet IVs on the first try no less).

EDIT: Made a third file just for fun, and got Fennekin again! Looks like the fox might be my spirit pokemon, lol.

Edited by SilverJakler

Well, I figured I would try this out with an OC and see how it goes.

Name: Crispin

Trainer ID: 54291

Looking at the criteria, Crispin will have to befriend the Generation 3 Fire Starter, Torchic.

That's not a bad draw, I guess.

Edited by W1ng3d_One

Well, I figured I would try this out with an OC and see how it goes.

Name: Crispin

Trainer ID: 54291

Looking at the criteria, Crispin will have to befriend the Generation 3 Fire Starter, Torchic.

That's not a bad draw, I guess.

You mean...

That's the best draw in the game, I guess.