Seeking for help for Noel

Cepheus

Hello fellow Reborn-Trainers,

I'm new here and, like the title suggests, I'm currently stuck at the battle with Noel.

My team is Level 54-55 (because I can only control up to this), and he still wrecks me, because every attack just does so much damage.

He 1-2 hits almost everything I send against him.

My Team, with which I currently roll (and up till now pretty well) consists of:

Blaziken, Gourgeist, Lanturn, Grumpig, Niovern and Sandslash

Since Noel got Normal types with Psychic and his two Birds (Staraptor and Swallow) + 1 Fairy ... Well his Psychic and his Birds wrecks my Blaziken and Gourgeist.

Everything else gets wrecked by Porygon-Z Tri-Attack or Hidden Power (or Swallows Facade-Attack)

I thought about training a Magnemite into Magnezone, a Klink into Klingklang and a Nosepass into Probopass because of their Steel-Type to reduce damage from Normal, Psychic and Flying attacks. With Magnezone and Probobass being able to kill the birds with Electric and Rock Attacks, and their Steel-Attacks against his Clefairy.

I also thought about training Croagunk but since he is fighting/Poison he got a 4x weakness against the Psychic... I don't think thats a grat idea...

I read here on the forums that you could evolve Magneton into Magnezone in Shades Gym (the Abandoned Power Plant) but my Magneton already got 3 levels there without evolving... do I have to get in back of the gym? (behind the locked doors)

If so, where do I get the key?

(There should be Rotom in there in a monitor somewhere which I also want to capture... as far as i read here^^)

Yeah, thats were I am stuck...

--------

And a few Questions just for the heck of it:

(If direct answer is to much of a spoiler... an indirect answer like "you are close, progress further in the story" is enough ... I hate being spoiled in Story terms, and Reborns Story is amazing!)

1. When do I get HM02 - Fly? - All that backtracking is slowly getting really annoying... :/

2. When/Where will I be able to purchase Hyper Potions? - SuperPotions ans Berry Ice Cream just don't cut it anymore...

(If I need Mall-Stickers: Where do I get them? I got 1 for rescuing the boy near Shades Gym...)

3. You can't access the railway from Obsidia/Opal-Ward (east of the grand hall) because the path to the pushable-rock is blocked of by a railroad and another rock... I know not a question but fairly annoying in terms of backtracking...

I'm looking forward to your answers and suggestions

Edited by Cepheus

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get Magnezone until after you beat Noel. That said, Magneton should still be useful against Swellow, but that Staraptor is packing Close Combat, so make sure your Magneton has Sturdy and is at full health. Also, if your Magneton knows Flash Cannon, that should help against Clefable; again, make sure it's at full HP so you don't get completely KO'd without at least getting one hit in.

I'd like to say that Lanturn can take care of the birds, but Lanturn is really frail, and it doesn't hit all that hard either; you might be better off dropping it for Magneton.

1. When do I get HM02 - Fly? - All that backtracking is slowly getting really annoying... :/

We'll let you know when we find out lol; we're probably not gonna get Fly for a while. The backtracking will get a little better after you beat Noel, but only slightly

2. On the topic of traveling -> Where/When do I get a Bike-coupon (like in the original Poke-Games) ... 1 Million $ is way above my budget...

Here ya go

3. When/Where will I be able to purchase Hyper Potions? - SuperPotions ans Berry Ice Cream just don't cut it anymore...

(If I need Mall-Stickers: Where do I get them? I got 1 for rescuing the boy near Shades Gym...)

We don't have those either unfortunately. We're stuck with Berry Ice Cream and the few Hyper Potions that we find on the ground.

Here's a sticker list though

4. You can't access the railway from Obsidia/Opal-Ward (east of the grand hall) because the path to the pushable-rock is blocked of by a railroad and another rock... I know not a question but fairly annoying in terms of backtracking...

Can you take a screenshot of this? I'm a little confused, but I may be able to help with a visual aid.

Edited by mashonem

Thanks mashonem for the infos.

Guess I'll train Magneton up to 55 then.

As for Lanturn: yeah I realised it that, it just got a really big bunch of HP, but cannot sustain... I had it because i thought i would get Surf soon, and for Ground/Rock/Fire Types.

I got the bike myself on accident after I wrote that post... therefore i erased that question... although you still quoted me on it :D

I'll look into the sticker list, thanks for that :D

As for the blocked passage, attached a screenshot (I hope it is big enough to see)

The red circled objects block from getting to the pushable rock.

I took the screenshot from the left side, because I was just on my way to Noel to train... when you come from the right where the stairs are, the objects block me.

edit: forgot to circle the crack below my character... well...^^

Edited by Cepheus

Here's the strategy that Magus told me, and all you need is Blaziken:

-Speed Boost Blaziken with Blaze Kick, Double Kick, and Bulk Up. The last can be anything.

-Opening with Cinccino, pray it doesn't get crits and spam Bulk Up four or five times. Heal when necessary.

-Blaze Kick the birds to death. Double Kick everything else. With Speed Boost, Blaziken should outspeed everything.

-Wreck Noel's shit.

After the hell Noel gave me, it was honestly embarrassing how smoothly this went. Speed Boost is another key factor, but even if it doesn't have it, it should be meaty enough to survive most anything. With all those Bulk Ups, my Blaziken took Staraptor's Brave Bird to the face and lived.

You can train a Magneton, mainly for Swellow, Clefable and maybe the infernal Cinccino (those flinchs, careful whit the Hidden Power Fight) and make sure it has Sturdy so you can survive Staraptor Close Combat. You can also use a Cofagrigus just to burn whatever you want.

My strategy was:

Enter whit Cofagrigus. Burn the Cinccino (tough at the beggining it give me some pain whit the flinchs) Then, switch to Gardobor and set two toxic spikes (it work great whit Porygon Z and Girafarig) and kill the first bastard whit Sludge Wave (fuck the field) Then i switched to Magneton and destroy the second bastard (Swellow) After, switch again to Cofagrigus and Burn Staraptor. The rest was done whit Scrafty and Magneton.

Tough the strategy whit Blaziken that TimberDragon said is an awsome one. Good Luck Mate.

Edited by HolyKnight

I gave two heart scales to the move tutor/relearner lady to give my Crobat Cross Poison or Acrobatics...one of them & my Blaziken Hi Jump Kick....Hi Jump Kick wrecks Noel's team when it connects. Magneton can get rid of those pesky birds and I recommend an Aggron as well...just for a bulky meat-shield.

So, in short:

- Crobat w/ Cross Poison & Acrobatics

- Blaziken w/ Hi Jump Kick

- Aggron for meat-shield

- Camerupt w/ Lava Plume....just to eliminate the field

Good luck with defeating Noel with whatever Pokemon you choose though!

Thanks for all the tips guys

Guess I'll give the Blaziken Strategy a few shots... if that doesn't work... I'll have alot of leveling to do

God leveling without Lucky Egg is a pain in the b**t...

Well the thing is: it doesnt have Speed boost.

And 1 Psychic still one hit's it even after 5 bulk ups (which I got to pull off)...

at least I got him down to just Cleafairy with this. I just need to get a few more levels on Magneton, and maybe an Aggron.

And I'm to lazy to do the necessery breeding (it's so darn boring...)

I use what I get, If I can't win with something i have, I need another strategy... to bad that the battle items are broken...

And please fix the description on the Ice Cream and Cotton Candy! How should I know that Cotton Candy is a friggin Max Revive when I can't even buy normal Revives???

Well the thing is: it doesnt have Speed boost.

And 1 Psychic still one hit's it even after 5 bulk ups (which I got to pull off)...

at least I got him down to just Cleafairy with this. I just need to get a few more levels on Magneton, and maybe an Aggron.

And I'm to lazy to do the necessery breeding (it's so darn boring...)

I use what I get, If I can't win with something i have, I need another strategy... to bad that the battle items are broken...

And please fix the description on the Ice Cream and Cotton Candy! How should I know that Cotton Candy is a friggin Max Revive when I can't even buy normal Revives???

I just assumed it did because the only reason people pick blaziken is for the game breaking speed boost ability on him. also the reason you got one shot by psychic is because its a special attack not physical. Its still sad by the way because its a fighting type regardless.

Well "Speed Boost" is normally a Hidden Ability which you can't get the normal way... so I assumed you couldn't get it here either by just picking it as your starter, like in the official games.

I'm new to all the fan games, and I thought I start with Reborn, because I was told it was challenging as hell, unlike the official games.

I picked Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken just because it is my favorite starter of all time (closely followed by Charizard and Greninja).

I mean come on... Torchic is cute and cuddly as hell, and Blaziken is a fiery wristed ninja-chicken! :D

But now, after training Aggron and Magneton to Level 54 I was finally able to defeat that sucker... but I think I got lucky that Porygon-Z opened with a Tri-Attack instead of Psychic, which allowed my Blaziken to kill it in one hit.

Aggron took care of Swallow easily: 3 times Iron Defence and Automize and it was hopeless

Staraptor got 1 Close Combat in reducing it to 1 HP thanks to sturdy... and a second Iron Tail killed it.

His Girafarig was killed by my Sandslash and Grumpig (got that Paralyze was annoying...)

Clefable was annyoing with it's constant Cosmic Power, Softboiled, Left Overs and Field Healing, but Aggrons Iron Tail and Magnetons Flash Cannon took care of it.

Finally I can progress in the Story.

I thank you all for the tips and suggestions.

I guess this thread can be closed now :)