well, i've been wanting to get an outside opinion on my team for a while, so here goes.

Let us begin:

Vulcan- a fiery star blazing bright against the night sky.

(magmar) Lvl 61 F

Ability: flamebody (was vital spirit, got changed with ability capsule)

Stats: (attack, def, spec.attack,spec.defense, speed, etc... in descending order)

Movepool: Flamethrower, Fire blast, Confuse ray, Clear smog

Notes:found underneath opal bridge at beginning of my quest, been traveling with ever since. serves as one of two primary Spec Attackers on the team, with it's speed allowing it to move before most opponents we've come across. Has preformed well as a saving grace, and has come through many times when our backs where against the wall in battle. Whenever victory seems impossible, I turn to Vulcan.

Deluge- A vicious maelstrom whose might can destroy Mountains

(swampert) Lvl 61 M

Ability: Damp (made me so happy at the first gym B))

Stats:

Movepool: Muddy water, Earthquake, Strength, Sludge wave

Notes: the first one on the team, has been an excellent companion. sometimes serves as a Staller, so to speak, buys time when a strategy needs to be set up or when I need a moment to get the rest of the team back in fighting condition. Though, often enough he goes in as a well rounded ace(speed could be improved though) that can take a few hits and drop several foes in a row before taking a fall. When the fighting starts going south, he will be there.

Tartarus- A rock that ties us all together when the going gets rough

(gigalithe) Lvl 58 M

Ability: Sturdy

Stats:

Movepool: Stone edge, Power gem, Explosion, Rock smash

Notes: found him in the Rhindocrine caves.The tank of the team. Sturdy allows him to take a lot of physical blows and he can often deal out far more damage than the enemy can. Absolutely destroys flyers and fire types, and when things go bad, we can always fall back on a suicide tactic.

Courage- To falter is to fail, to surrender is to die

(scrafty) Lvl 60 F

Ability: Moxie

Stats:

Movepool: High jump kick, Brick break, Rock climb, Crunch

Notes: A late addition to the team. Does it's job of taking out high def. normal and dark types well enough. Can't really complain much...

Friend- The epitome of self-sacrifice for the sake of others

(gardevoir) Lvl 59 F

Ability: Trace

Stats:

Movepool: Psychic, Moonblast, Shadow ball, Calm mind

Notes: My Ace in the hole when it comes to special attacks. found in a house guarded by a hobo demanding alms. often gets thrown in early in fight.

Bouffalant- You've yet to receive a name because you have not earned it

Lvl 56 F

Ability: Sap sipper

Stats:

Movepool: Swords dance, Mega horn, Cut, Head smash

Notes:added after intial visit to route one. I'm starting to think catching we was a waste of my pokeballs. You're going to have to start pulling some more weight in battle of you don't wanna be replaced...

Edited by Legendaries tamer

Hmm... all right, let's see:

Magmar: Good, i don't think i'd change anything about it... That much attack combined with that movepool doesn't make a lot of sense though... Granted, Magmar special attack is better than it's physical, so idk... maybe buy some berries to lower the atk EV, and invest in some Special EV? Might prove useful...

Swampert: What can i say, your Swampert looks just like mine... Mine has Torrent though, so whatever... Good...

Gigalith: Hmm, i think i know the reason for it, but i want to ask: Why Power Gem? 104 spec. atk is reasonable, but for something with 181 physical attack, i don't think it's the best choice... If you're willing to have 2 rock moves, maybe you should use Rock Slide... Gives an edge in double battles... But i see 2 reasons to use Power Gem over Rock Slide, but i'd like if you answer me first... other than that, nice :P

Scrafty: Power, as always... Since there's not a lot of options right now, keep the moves as it is... But idk, change Rock Climb to Bulk Up/Dragon Dance in the future? That's all i can think about...

Gardevoir: Dat Movepool... Awesome, there's nothing to change about it...

Bouffalant: I don't if it's just me, but Bouffalant feels out of place in your team... I don't know what i can reccomend in place of it though, so before i complete this, let me ask: Do you have a type of pokemon that gives you trouble? Like water types, fairy types or anything like that?

After your answer, i can finish this...

Hmm... all right, let's see:

Magmar: Good, i don't think i'd change anything about it... That much attack combined with that movepool doesn't make a lot of sense though... Granted, Magmar special attack is better than it's physical, so idk... maybe buy some berries to lower the atk EV, and invest in some Special EV? Might prove useful...

Swampert: What can i say, your Swampert looks just like mine... Mine has Torrent though, so whatever... Good...

Gigalith: Hmm, i think i know the reason for it, but i want to ask: Why Power Gem? 104 spec. atk is reasonable, but for something with 181 physical attack, i don't think it's the best choice... If you're willing to have 2 rock moves, maybe you should use Rock Slide... Gives an edge in double battles... But i see 2 reasons to use Power Gem over Rock Slide, but i'd like if you answer me first... other than that, nice :P

Scrafty: Power, as always... Since there's not a lot of options right now, keep the moves as it is... But idk, change Rock Climb to Bulk Up/Dragon Dance in the future? That's all i can think about...

Gardevoir: Dat Movepool... Awesome, there's nothing to change about it...

Bouffalant: I don't if it's just me, but Bouffalant feels out of place in your team... I don't know what i can reccomend in place of it though, so before i complete this, let me ask: Do you have a type of pokemon that gives you trouble? Like water types, fairy types or anything like that?

After your answer, i can finish this...

Why, thank you for your evaluation

I'll try and look for some attacks like fire punch/thunder punch to even out the move pool on magmar. maybe have it relearn smokescreen.

the power gem on tartarus was learned early in the game back when he was a bouldor that only knew rock blast as a Rock type move, which for some reason missed alot of the time despite the moves accuracy rating. I had him learn it back then for insurance in battle, so that even if we get unlucky enough to have rockblast miss ten out of ten times, we'd still have a rock type move available. once he learned Stone edge, I just never got around to replacing power gem with a better suited physical rock attack. I'll try and see if I can have it learn Rock slide or something. Though i could use some info as to how to get rockslide.

as for scraggy, I think that having a stat enhancing move would be a good idea, but I'd appreciate help if someone could tell me how to get a TM like bulk-up.

As for Bouffalant, no my freind, it is not just you. I too am starting to feel that she does not belong, Sheer force just isn't my style. At this point, I'm looking for viable candidates to replace it, at which time I will release it back into the wild. As for the question about if I have issues against a certain type... no, not at this point in the game at least, though I suspect that Dragons and Fairies could be an issue when the time to face them comes. there is a hole as to who handles water types though, most of the time I can get by with having Deluge fight them, but a more secure victory would be welcomed.

Here's the list of possible candidates to replace bouffalant. (most or all of them are in training)

Life- Lvl23(gallade)

Ability- Stead fast

Move pool: Leaf blade, Psychic, Shadow ball, Close combat

one of the two sons of Freind the gardevoir, quite honestly, because of his move pool, I'm keeping my eye especially on his potential on the team.

Morpheus/ Meo- Lvl11/1, respectively (evees)

Ability- Runaway, Anticipation (respectively)

Move pool: I'm not gonna bother listing it, since neither is very special

A father and son team of evee. The potential of the Eveelutions...

Cloud burn- Lvl25 (Heliolisk)

Ability- Solar power

move pool: Charge beam, Charge, Grassknot, Quick attack.

Found him on a rooftop in beryll, sun bathing. I'm not really feeling it from him, but maybe if we could get some heart scales and have him relearn some his starting moves(check bulbapedia if you want to see them)... He might make the cut.

Mincinno- Lvl48

Ability- Skill link :D

Movepool (Behold!): Bullet seed, tail slap, Rock blast, Charm

Noel's mincinno really, and i mean REALLY pissed me off when I first fought him, so I researched it and decided I wanted one as well.found him in of all places, Chrysolia forest.He's been put into retirement since Noel's defeat, but he can still come back out. Skill link combined with all those repeating moves and... Well, I'm sure you all know.

Arboles- Lvl50 (deerling)

Ability- sap sipper

Move pool- Energy ball, charm, double edge, nature power

I could sense this one's potential the moment he hit Friend with an energy ball during the wild encounter that I caught him from. After an evolution, and some new moves, We'll be looking at some serious heat.

Well:

Gigalith: I though you had Power Gem cuz it's more reliable than Stone Edge... It has more PP and solid damage to work... In that case, you might keep Power Gem... But that's up to you... And for Rock Slide, you can get a Heart Scale and go to the move releaner...

Scrafty: Well, there's no Bulk Up TM right now or a move tutor to teach it Dragon Dance... That's why i said "in the future" ^^... So don't worry about Scrafty...

As for the other pokemons:

Gallade is good, and it's movepool is awesome, but... You already cover what he covers in a way or another... Also, you already have a Fighting and a Psychic type, so i don't know... Don't let my comment stop you though, cuz Gallade is good... I just don't think it's right for your team, but you can decide that yourself...

Helioptile is okay, but because of it's ability, you're going to need sun... Two of your pokemons (Helioptile and Magmar) enjoy the sun, but Swampert and Gigalith are not going to like those pesky Grass types that got faster in the sun, and those 1 turn Solarbeams are not going to be nice... IMO, if you want electric coverage, go for another pokemon...

Which, makes me think of Jolteon! You're team is defensive in a sense, and Magmar is the "only fast" pokemon in there... So why not Jolteon? Discharge + Shadow Ball + Charge Beam + Something else can be useful... You don't have nothing to "hit water types", so maybe you should consider...

Minccino is power though... Those moves with that ability, is enough... Sadly, Minccino doesn't get Shell Smash or something like that to boost it's attack, but it's still good ^^... Minccino has only one problem though: It can't hit Steel Types... But it's not exactly a problem, considering Magmar and Swampert...

Because of Deerling's ability, it can beat some of it's own Grass brothers/sisters, so you might look into that... I got no experience with Deerling tho, so maybe you could test it and tell me how it went ^^

I'm in a bit of hurry right now, so i'm not going to suggets anything extra right now... But think about what i said... if you want, of course ^^

See ya o/

• Support Squad

It seems to me like you could benefit from having a bulky status poke. If you are willing, why not catch a foongus and evolve it to an amoongus. a nice choice of status moves, can be a good hit eater and also helps with fairies too. Just an idea

It seems to me like you could benefit from having a bulky status poke. If you are willing, why not catch a foongus and evolve it to an amoongus. a nice choice of status moves, can be a good hit eater and also helps with fairies too. Just an idea

Thank you as well for your evaluation, I'll Try that out and see how it goes.

Kinda ironic too, Up until Noel, I had a really bulky pokemon: Blissey. It had a crap load of HP, and an Impressive Spec. Defense stat, but it Crumbled easily when hit with a physical attack (I remedied this by teaching it Soft-boiled as well as charm) But sadly, It's far to underlevel at this point to come out of retirement, and Raising it up to the current team's level would honestly more work than it's worth (If anyone's ever raised a Blissey, then they'll know just how terrible the things Attack and Spec.Attack stats can be)

Also, @Vinny, I'm going to breed Morpheus a few more times for more evee's, And I'll probably evolve one of his children into Jolteon to test that set up.

Edited by Legendaries tamer