Interesting and useful things that you have discovered

chuckles

Here will be the topic for cool gimmicks or just things you have found out about and used well, perhaps things that are not especially obvious but still can work well, perhaps with obscure pokemon or moves or items, etc.

I've noticed that, in this forum, there are a few different things mentioned like this but a whole new topic to say "try using Echoed Voice on Aurorus" seems unnecessary.

Therefore, i decided to make this topic for advice on strategies/useful information regarding using pokemon with certain combinations, because if we had a new topic for every one, there would surely be thousands.

Post evidence or something if possible, otherwise just describe stuff and maybe put up stats if you want.

Try to answer with a bit of detail as well please, and of course we can discuss the ideas a bit for modifications and opinions.

I guess, to start, i'll explain a couple things:

I have started using a Shuckle with Sturdy that holds a Binding Band and uses Infestation mainly. See, because of the Binding Band, Infestation will do 1/6 of enemy max hp each turn, for 4-5 turns, which is about 18%. This is not affected by any stats whatsoever, so even if i have -6 attack it will still do that. And nothing is immune to bug, and resistances do not affect the damage over time. As such, as long as Shuckle can survive, it can continue to use this with the same effectiveness. I focused all EVs on hp and defense and special defense, mainly HP, with a nature benefiting Defense and reducing special attack. My Shuckle has Sticky Web to reduce enemy speed(another pokemon on my team has trick room which could help for some time as well) It also uses Power trick and Rest to keep itself alive, which it can do fairly well. With this setup i have used Shuckle to take out multiple enemy pokemon by itself, and since defenses are irrelevant in this, i could use it against a Registeel or a Clefable with 6 Cosmic Powers and it would still destroy it just as fast. Here are some links to screenshots of my Shuckle beating an Aegislash(it badly hurt 2 other pokemon and took out another by itself):

http://prntscr.com/32wrca part 1

http://prntscr.com/32wrre part 2

Also, i have started using a Diggersby with reduces hp and defenses, a Focus sash, and Flail. Excluding stealth rock and harmful weather, which have both recently become less common, it can take a full hard hit and have 1hp left and use Flail with 200 power + STAB and with huge power it already has massive attack. against steel/rock types i have earthquake as well. I also run it with Agility and Swords Dance; i use Agility on the first turn as the opponent attacks me, and i will have a pokemon with a move with an effective 300 power, over 450 attack, and over 500 speed. It's quite good for sweeping. Yes, it can be immediately destroyed with priority attacks but they are not especially common and it will probably at least take out a couple pokemon first. i don't have screenshots for this but i can attest to its usefulness.

Belly Drum can immediately activate a Sitrus Berry and bring a pokemon back to 74%hp. Immediately. This also means that a pokemon can use Belly Drum and survive as long as, on the first turn they are out, they take less than 75% of their hp. This can be used on a lot of pokemon in a lot of ways to immediately have a huge attack boost.

Assault Vest: Put it on a naturally strong pokemon with high defense but sub-par special defense and then put EVs into both a bit. You can turn what used to be only a physical tank into a balanced physical and special tank, great examples include Gigalith, Leafeon, and Donphan. In earlier generations, there was not much you could do for that low special defense; even if you concentrated EVs and Nature into it, it not be as great as you would hope. Now you can do that, and the only tradeoff is being unable to use status moves(which those pokemon do not need to do anyway)

I will probably share more soon, but i am also quite curious to see what other people have to say and share.

Belly Drum can immediately activate a Sitrus Berry and bring a pokemon back to 74%hp. Immediately. This also means that a pokemon can use Belly Drum and survive as long as, on the first turn they are out, they take less than 75% of their hp. This can be used on a lot of pokemon in a lot of ways to immediately have a huge attack boost.

When u use this with an Unburden-Slurpuff u can boost its Atk +6 and its Init +1 while only paying 25% HP.

The (new) ability Pixilate converts normal type moves to fairy types and gives them a 30% boost additionally to the standard STAB bonus. So.. when u got a Diancie and a Sylveon in a double fight and use Sylveons Skill Swap to give Diancie Pixilate then u can launch a ~488Atk Explosion.

Edited by Mimmu