Starlight Lamenameteam

FraRPetO

392.gif121.gif145.gif149.gif589.gif94.gif

Hello, rate my team

When I first discovered Pokémon Online, I had a very similar team to this with Electivire and Mismagius instead of Zapdos and Gengar

So I 'updated' the team with new moves and so on, since my playstyle was very different back then

392.gif@ Focus Sash

Trait: Blaze

EVs: 48 Atk / 208 SAtk / 252 Spd

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Stealth Rock

- Close Combat

- Fire Blast

- Taunt

Infernape has very good typing with good mixed stats, so I took advantage of it and put some Hazards and Taunt as it's great as a lead

Fire Blast hits very nice, especially with Blaze activated (yay Focus Sash)

Close Combat also strong STAB, I love it

121.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Scald

- Psyshock

- Ice Beam

- Rapid Spin

Starmie has Rapid Spin, I never liked any entry hazards on my side when I'm not running Trick Room, so far so good

Scald for STAB and burn

Psyshock to damage specially defensive opponents more

Ice Beam against all Flying, Dragon and those weak to Ice

Leftovers, because I like keeping this alive so it can take all sorts of Sleep/Burn moves and get out with Natural Cure

145.gif@ Rocky Helmet

Trait: Lightningrod

- Thunderbolt

- Heat Wave

- Roost

- Volt Switch

I chose Zapdos because it can take an U-turn nicely and also immune to Volt Switch (Unless Mold Breaker or something), Rocky Helmet to damage U-turners, so they can die faster

Thunderbolt STAB, nice if you wanna stay in (Volt Switch to switch)

Heat Wave against Steels types and Grass types

Roost to heal

149.gif@ Choice Band

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Outrage

- Stone Edge

- Earthquake

- Extreme Speed

Dragonite has always been great with Choice Band, especially when it's gonna settle things at last, with Multiscale preventing OHKO's during the last move

Outrage for banded STAB, great with Adamant nature

Stone Edge when I don't wanna be locked to Outrage, same to EQ

Extreme Speed to revenge kill without taking damage (Gotta keep the Multiscale)

589.gif@ Assault Vest

Trait: Overcoat

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Iron Head

- Megahorn

- Knock Off

- Drill Run

I wonder when I will make a team without Escavalier :(

Reppin' the Assault Vest, Overcoat against Spore moves

Iron Head against Fairy types

Megahorn for the strong STAB, always worth it

Knock Off opponent's items, don't like them Eviolites and Leftovers

94.gif@ Gengarite

Trait: Levitate

- Shadow Ball

- Sludge Bomb

- Energy Ball

- Destiny Bond

Since I wanted a Ghost type to prevent Rapid Spins and a Mega Evolution, Gengar was a nice choice

Shadow Ball for the STAB

Sludge Bomb also for STAB and Fairies

Energy Ball for unsuspected Water/Ground types, and Rotom-W

Destiny Bond to take the enemy down with me!!!!!!!!!1111zero1

Enjoy

My first-glance warning is to watch out for trick room. With such a speed-oriented team, it can be potentially devastating. Your Infernape's taunt should take care of trick room leads, but might be a problem later on.

Your Infernape is a nice lead, starting with a hazard, focus sash as protection against sweeps, and blaze/fire blast (plus high Sp. Atk IV) or close combat to do serious damage to, if not knock out, the first (few) pokemon

Again, start with taunt against any potential trick room leads, and then you're set to stealth rock and sweep.

Your Starmie is decent. It can take care of entry hazards easily with its high speed, but its unimpressive Def/Sp. Def can leave it vulnerable to a OH-KO from a super-effective (Starmie has 5) from a sweeper or a decent STAB

Your Zapdos is a nice sweeper. It's quick, effective, and blocks many switch attacks.

Your only weakness will be Rock STABs or a Rock/Ground sweeper with an Ice move.

You could consider replacing Heat Wave with HP Fighting. Although at the cost of some damage, it'll keep its super against Ice/Steel while adding Rock, taking care of that last weakness.

You could also consider replacing Volt Switch with U-Turn, sacrificing STAB in exchange for damage against ground and super against grass. (I feel if you have thunderbolt, you shouldn't need to worry for the supers for Volt Switch)

Choice band Dragonite is awesome.

Choice band + Extreme Speed may be a nice revenge kill, just watch out in case of a following ghost-type.

Escavalier with HP/Atk + Assault Vest is a good combo to tank while offering decent damage.

Biggest problem: Fire. With a 4x weakness and such a low speed stat, you can easily be OH-KO by a fire punch to the face strong fire-type attack.

Gengar is pretty solid.

Mega Gengar's shadow tag makes him weak to ground, so keep that in mind.

Destiny Bond is a good *Press in case of emergency* with sweepers or a sure-fire way to defeat an opponent's last Pokemon if Gengar isn't your last Pokemon

Overall, your team is pretty well rounded and should do fine. You should still do a few 'test' battles with the team to work with your strategy and to see how well this team works in practice.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for rating my team, and for Trick Room; Escavalier is perfect for that x) and priorities like Extreme Speed do help, but I usually try to survive hits by switching (making sure no Entry hazards most of the time), it does help with good typings that makes the other take the hit easily and so on, but it can be a problem if some of my team are gone and there are Stealth Rock and maybe Spikes

I didn't notice U-turn on Zapdos, I might use it now. But I'm not comfortable with adding IVs on attack, since I made it to minimal to minimize Foul Play moves on all my 'Specially' strong Pokémon

I feel as though fire punch would be better on your band dragonite than stone edge since with it it can now beat ferrothorns and Forretress. Super effective stone edge does only 20 bp more damage than a stab neutral outrage while having 20% less accuracy.

Also maybe discharge instead of t-bolt since it has a higher paralyze rate and would help band night and Escavalier a lot.

Also i think sludge wave would be better on gengar since the extra base power does seem to help a lot in situations atlest from the ones i have been in and its higher poison rate might actually hurt you if you want opponent to actually be paralized.

Other than that team seems pretty solid. you do give quite some tough matches with this team on ladder.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna give my opinion on your team~

Infernape's a nice lead coupled with both Taunt and Stealth Rocks, though personally I've always been more a fan of an Offensive Infernape other wise this looks to be a pretty solid set.

While Starmie's a good spinner, I can't help but think that maybe Defog Zapdos would be better, and would Leave you free to put Tbolt on your Starmie. Since you seem to use Starmie offensively, I can't help but think that maybe Surf would work better for you on your team.

Zapdos is always a good Pokemon, and it definitely is a pain in the ass for sure, as I mentioned earlier, I think Defog may work a tiny bit better than Volt Switch, if not Defog, consider using HP Ice to take out threats like Salamence or Landorus

Dragonite's a good pokemon to use, but I've always believed that choice iteming it is wasting Potential. I've noticed that Dragon Dance+Weakness Policy is an absolute Monster of a combination on Dragonites and can get off sweeps very easily.

Other than that, I don't really have much to say about your team, it looks pretty solid. Of course, my advice is just advice, you can always use or not use as much of it as you want.

Hope I helped ^_^