Help building my Team ? :)

Drayker

Hi guys. Before getting started, I'd like to mention that I'm French and, being a non-native english speaker, I hope you will forgive my mistakes and still be able to understand me.

Sooo I just finished ep11 and started building a balanced team to deal with pretty much every threat to come. Not being a great strategist, I came here hoping you'll be able to help me.

I translated all the names/moves from french to english but if something is wrong, don't hesitate to tell me.

Here's what it looks like :

169.png

1- Ruthvan/Crobat - Inner Focus

- Acrobatics

- Cross Poison

- Roost

- Confuse Ray (?)

282.png

2- Enigma/Gardevoir - Synchronize

- Moonblast

- Psychic

- Calm Mind

- Charge Beam (?)

448.png

3- Acheron/Lucario - Inner Focus

- Swords Dance

- Close Combat

- Ext.Speed

- Dragon Pulse/Metal Claw

229.png

4- Scorch/Houndoom - Early Bird

- Nasty Plot

- Dark Pulse

- Flamethrower

- Shadow Ball

473.png

5 - Ganesh/Mamoswine - Thick Fat

- Earthquake

- Ice Fang

- Strength (?)

- ?

272.png

6 - Dyonisos/Ludicolo - Swift Swim

- Rain Dance

- Energy Ball

- Hydro Pump

- ?

As you can see, a few moves are missing.

I am aware that I have three fighting weaknesses already, but Gardevoir and Crobat have double-resists to combat moves, so I think that this team is stil pretty balanced.

Edited by Drayker

Attention = Inner Focus for those that didn't notice ^^

Anyway, let me think real quick, then i'm going to edit this post...

EDIT: Ooookay... Let's see:

Crobat looks good... I use Roost instead of Bite, but i have other means of using Dark moves... So you can keep it if you want...

Gardevoir also looks good... Movepool is nice, and in my personal opinion, synchronize is more useful than Trace... Sue me...

Lucario well, if you're using the physical one, you might wanna grab a "Heart Scale" and teach it Power Up Punch... It's not the best fighting move, but the +1 attack is useful... Also, it has a lot of PP... Although using Swords Dance and Power Up Punch at the same time is not the best combination... Maybe you could give it a special move like Dragon Pulse, if you're not running a Lucario with -Special Attack nature... for coverage only...

Houndoom looks good, but i'm going to suggest something: You already been to the 7th street right? Well, with the new sleeping mechanics, i don't think Early Bird is useful, so find an Ability Capsule in the 7th street, and change that ability to Flash Fire. An immunity is always better than a resistance...

Mamoswine well, you can't get Icicle Crash since Beartic is not available, but you have Earthquake so yeah... You can keep Strength for now, since there's not a lot of useful TM's for now... Apart from that, i don't know... Teach it Facade? I think someone else can help you better on that...

Both Galvantula and Kabutops are useful cuz they give coverage that you're team don't have... I wanted to recommend Jolteon, but there's no tutor to teach it Signal Beam, so Galvantula is probably better for now...

For a water type, there's two things that i can recommend for you - First, Gyarados the destroyer of everything, the power, the thing that kills everything in sight, the DESTROYER , although Gyarados moveset is not good right now, it can still hold its on because of it's huge attack... It could work in an awesome way with Mamoswine, since Earthquake doesn't hit it...

And for another water type, i can recommend Azumarill, which is also a power house... I know you have another fairy type, but Azumarill doesn't care... And i know that you have to breed it to get Aqua Jet, but Azumarill doesn't care... Azumarill is POWER, that Huge Power is going to destroy everything, and Azumarill has awesome coverage... You might have a fairy type, but you have to consider Azumarill, ALWAYS... (Talonflame and Blaziken cry when they see Azumarill on the field...)

Well, my memory is playing with me right now, so i don't remember a lot of other stuff that i can recommend... If i remember, i'll make another post if it's not a double one...

Good Luck o/

Edited by Vinny953

Before getting started, I'd like to mention that I'm French and, being a non-native english speaker, I hope you will forgive my mistakes and still be able to understand me.

(but he's hard to get and no that useful when Rock Slide/Stone Edge will be added to the game) or more generally, a dragon or elektrik type. What do you guys think ?

It's 'not' and 'electric' how dare you get this wrong shame on you lol jk your english is completely fine.

As for the pokemon for your team, they're both pretty solid I'm surprised Vinny hasn't mentioned Gyarados although between the two Kabutops would be a little stronger and would also balance your team a bit more than Galvantula, so if you're lucky you can get a dome fossil (I have 3 of them including the one I revived.....I swear it's the only fossil i ever get :,( ). So if you don't wanna go through the hassle of trying to find a dome fossil and train a kabuto from lv 1 then you should go for Galvantula

Edited by Shadow Walker

In fact adding Galvantula would make a third weakness to Rock (only countered by Lucario but the enemy's likely to have a ground-typed move as well), however adding Kabutops would make a fourth weakness to fighting + a third weakness to ground (only countered by Crobat)... and I tried resetting like 50 times to get a Dome Fossil but got bored. That may be because I'm a Helix cultist. :lol:

Thanks for the mistakes by the way (even if I just forgot about the "t" in "not" :P). I switched Attention to Inner Focus, forgot to translate this one. Speaking of that, wouldn't Lucario be better with Steadfast ?

Edited by Drayker

Then might I recommend Gyarados? sure it's weak to rock types but it's also a water type so you should be able to handle that. Apart from that the only other weakness it has is electric which would be your second electric weakness (crobat) plus Gyarados is pretty strong.

Edited by Shadow Walker

In fact adding Galvantula would make a third weakness to Rock (only countered by Lucario but the enemy's likely to have a ground-typed move as well), however adding Kabutops would make a fourth weakness to fighting + a third weakness to ground (only countered by Crobat)... and I tried resetting like 50 times to get a Dome Fossil but got bored. That may be because I'm a Helix cultist. :lol:

Thanks for the mistakes by the way (even if I just forgot about the "t" in "not" :P). I switched Attention to Inner Focus, forgot to translate this one. Speaking of that, wouldn't Lucario be better with Steadfast ?

i don't think so... Lucario is kinda frail, so if he gets hit with Fake out, Waterfall, unresisted Bite as of Gen VI or any other move that can flinch, Lucario needs to retaliate as soon as possible... So yeah, i think Inner Focus is better...

But seeing what you mentioned, i'm going to reccomend Azumarill then (No weakness to rock, resistance to fighting, neutral to ground...) Maybe you should look into...

Don't worry. Your english is fine. Better than some people here.

As for team, I would second Azumarill. Helps to cover some of your weaknessess and adds varierty.

Also, Flygon wouldn't be a bad choice or a Grass type. Chespin or Venusaur maybe.

Thanks for your advices guys. I'll think I'll go with Dragon Pulse for Lucario in case some dragon takes down my Gardevoir.

Vinny, how do you get Roost on your Crobat ? I thought such TM wasn't implemented yet.

Gyarados doesn't appeal to me, his movepool is currently too useless to help, I think (Draco Dance sounds nice but he'd add a Rock weakness to the team and would only bring water-type move, because Mamoswine already learns Ice Fang).

Azumarill wouldn't disturb the team's balance but he'd only bring a water-type move, just like Gyara, wouldn't he ? What movepool would you suggest ?

I think the only type which could cause me trouble is currently Fire (no real counter actually, even if Mamoswine's Thic Fat would help him placing Earthquake). Therefore, I'd need a water or dragon type Pokemon..

Flygon sounds good, learns good moves even in Reborn, but.. Aaargh, I don't know. Strategy with half the Pokemon & only a few TMs is too damn hard !

Edited by Drayker

There's this old TM that got replaced with Roost... I don't remember which one it was, but i recommend you go explore Reborn... explore A LOT... not only you'll find the TM, but also a lot of other stuff...

A LOT!

Azumarill can use - Aqua Tail/ Superpower/ Play Rough/ Aqua Jet if you breed - something else...

This is Azumarill's signature set, and let me tell you - Is GOOD... Even if you think that Azumarill is only going to bring in the water type, think again... Azumarill's power is too much for you to simply ignore it...

But if you need a water type and a grass type, wynaut Ludicolo? Ludicolo is boss, doesn't care about Thunders or Ice Beams... and if you get the rain going, that thing is going to destroy everything... (Since the Rain Dance TM is now available, it might be something viable... Don't you think?)

Yup I'm currently spamming the Item Finder everywhere. I guess i'll just stumble upon the TM someday.

Ludicolo sounds good, yeah, but.... At first I thought about choosing him... Helps covering both Fire&Water types. But then again, movepool ? There's no Giga Drain nor Surf in the game yet. Hydro Pump's accuracy rate is quite low. No Energy Ball. No Grass Knot. Nature Power could be fun with the new fields mechanics, but that's all..

Seems like Azumarill is the only choice.. Even if I am a bit too lazy to spend time breeding shit together to get him to learn Aqua Jet >O<

EDIT : I need Water & Fire coverage. What about Lanturn ? Pretty tanky, covers both types, a decent natural movepool...

Edited by Drayker

Yup I'm currently spamming the Item Finder everywhere. I guess i'll just stumble upon the TM someday.

Ludicolo sounds good, yeah, but.... At first I thought about choosing him... Helps covering both Fire&Water types. But then again, movepool ? There's no Giga Drain nor Surf in the game yet. Hydro Pump's accuracy rate is quite low. No Energy Ball. No Grass Knot. Nature Power could be fun with the new fields mechanics, but that's all..

Seems like Azumarill is the only choice.. Even if I am a bit too lazy to spend time breeding shit together to get him to learn Aqua Jet >O<

The only thing that i'm going to say: If you level your Lotad to level 45, it gets Energy Ball... And there is Grass Knot a.k.a Florinia's TM, hello? ^^

But yeah, it might not work i guess... But well, do what you want i guess... But let me just say this again: Azumarill IS POWER...

Surf... Hm... Oh don't mind this...