Weather Team

Well soon my school is gonna have a gaming event and they are going to hold a Pokemon X & Y tournament, and I am planning on having 2 teams and I wish for all of your opinions on them.

Storm Surge

Politoed- Drizzle- Damp Rock-Timid

Hydro Pump

Ice Beam

Hyper Voice

Mud Shot

Galvantula- Compound Eyes- Charti Berry (lowers Rock weakness)-Modest

Bug Buzz

Sticky Web

Discharge or Thunder

Thunder Wave

Pelipper- Rain Dish-Damp Rock-Timid

Hurricane

Surf

Tail Wind

Rain Dance

Swampert- Torrent- Focus Sash-Modest

Earthquake

Waterfall

Ice Punch or Avalanche

Stone Edge

Manectric- Lightning Rod- Manectite-Modest

Volt Switch

Flamethrower

Thunder

Magnet Rise

? (Need advice no legendary plz they will not be allowed in the tournament.)

Sunburst

Nintales- Drought-Heat Rock-Modest

Hypnosis

Flamethrower

Solar Beam

Attract

Charizard- Blaze- Charizardite X- Adamant or Salamence- Intimidate- Wide Lens- Sassy

Flare Blitz Hydro Pump

Outrage Dragon Claw

Dragon Dance Fire Fang

Fire Blast Steel Wing

Manectric (look at Storm Surge Manectric)

Chandelure- Infiltrator- Expert Belt- Timid

Heat Wave

Energy Ball

Shadow Ball

Psychic

Talonflame- Gale Wings- Leftovers- Adamant

Brave Bird

Flare Blitz

Roost

Sunny Day

Lilligant- Own Tempo- Miracle Seed- Modest or Trevenant- Harvest- Sitrius Berry- Adamant

Giga Drain Phantom Force

Quiver Dance Horn Leech

Pedal Dance X-Scissor

Teeter Dance Earthquake

A school gaming tournament?! Lucky~!

Everyone over here is so inept at gaming, let alone Pokemon. If there was a X/Y tournament back at my school (I'm at uni now) I'm sure everyone would turn up with three starters, two pseudos and Xerneas/Yveltal.

• 2 weeks later...

1. please format this correctly

2. EVs please

3. pick up something with Swift Swim or Hydration; both are rain staples for a reason

4. Ninetales needs WoW over attract. Salamence should have EQ over steel wing, and hydro pump should be replaced with stone edge or aqua tail. Zard's Fire Blast is redundant; drop it for pretty much anything else. Substitute > Phantom Force on Trevanant.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering why you didn't include EVs it makes it that much harder for me to help, but since I'm better with Water, I'll only comment on Water.

Politoed:

Hyper Voice really doesn't do anything for you, you'd be much better off with using a move such as Perish Song to force switches or Focus Blast to dent/KO Dark Types. Same goes for Mudshot, Mudshot doesn't hit anything hard (Aside from Steel) that a Rain boosted Hydro Pump wont.

Galvantula:

I'd suggest taking Thunder and using the Ability Compound eyes which would raise Thunder's Accuracy if rain where to die out for whatever reason. On top of that, a Focus Sash'd be better since Galvantula is frail and it can essentially guarantee you getting off a Sticky web.

Pelipper:

I have no idea why you're using a Pelipper. I'd suggest taking something like a Shell Smash Omastar or Swift Swim/Swords Dance Kabutops in its place.

Swampert:

Modest is the complete wrong nature for a Swampert, Adamant is what you'll wanna use. Avalanche over Ice Punch and consider using Mirror Coat over Stone Edge.

Manectric:

No problems with this other than you using Magnet rise, Hidden Power Ice or Hidden Power Grass would be a much better option in terms of coverage.

All in all, your rain team really is lacking of some good Rain Ability abusers, as I mentioned before Kabutops or Omastar would do wonders for you.

I'm wondering why you didn't include EVs it makes it that much harder for me to help, but since I'm better with Water, I'll only comment on Water.

Politoed:

Hyper Voice really doesn't do anything for you, you'd be much better off with using a move such as Perish Song to force switches or Focus Blast to dent/KO Dark Types. Same goes for Mudshot, Mudshot doesn't hit anything hard (Aside from Steel) that a Rain boosted Hydro Pump wont.

Galvantula:

I'd suggest taking Thunder and using the Ability Compound eyes which would raise Thunder's Accuracy if rain where to die out for whatever reason. On top of that, a Focus Sash'd be better since Galvantula is frail and it can essentially guarantee you getting off a Sticky web.

Pelipper:

I have no idea why you're using a Pelipper. I'd suggest taking something like a Shell Smash Omastar or Swift Swim/Swords Dance Kabutops in its place.

Swampert:

Modest is the complete wrong nature for a Swampert, Adamant is what you'll wanna use. Avalanche over Ice Punch and consider using Mirror Coat over Stone Edge.

Manectric:

No problems with this other than you using Magnet rise, Hidden Power Ice or Hidden Power Grass would be a much better option in terms of coverage.

All in all, your rain team really is lacking of some good Rain Ability abusers, as I mentioned before Kabutops or Omastar would do wonders for you.

(wow haven't been here in a while, well lets start)

EV's I can't remember the specific numbers

Politoed-In the end he didn't get that Moveset instead he got:

Hypnosis

Mud Shot-to take care of Electric types (I prefer this to Earthquake due to it being a Sp.Atk which is what Politoed focuses on)

Water Pulse-Chance of confusion

Hyper Voice-can be replaced

Also he is mostly for the Rain.

Galvatula

I've taken your advice and taught it Thunder and I might give it Focus Sash so far he hasn't needed it

Pelipper has been replaced by Noivern which:

Noiver-Modest-Infiltrator-Starf Berrie (Sharply increases a random stat in a pinch)

Hurrican- Stab & 100% accuracy in the rain

Draco Meteor-Easy to kill others

Tailwind-to make others faster

Super Fang-Cuts opponents HP by half everytime

Swampert (Modest was a mistake I didn't mean to put that) Jolly (+SPD, -SP.Atk), Focus Sash

Waterfall

Sludge Wave-has actually been a great move to have

Earthquake

Avalanche

Magnetric (good to hear but I have MR so he doesn't have any weakness, and his HP is Dark)

1. please format this correctly

2. EVs please

3. pick up something with Swift Swim or Hydration; both are rain staples for a reason

4. Ninetales needs WoW over attract. Salamence should have EQ over steel wing, and hydro pump should be replaced with stone edge or aqua tail. Zard's Fire Blast is redundant; drop it for pretty much anything else. Substitute > Phantom Force on Trevanant.

I'm sorry I didn't format it correctly. Unfortunately I do not know the EV's, I was thinking of adding Swift Swim Armaldo if I could get one but in the end I didn't. I managed to get a Salamance over GTS with Moxie & Aqua Tail and SW is for Fairy & Ice type killing which has turned well. I have FB on Zard so he has at least one long range Fire Attack and FB is one of the best. Finally will do on Trevenant.

Edited by DarkLucario79

(wow haven't been here in a while, well lets start)

EV's I can't remember the specific numbers

Politoed-In the end he didn't get that Moveset instead he got:

Hypnosis

Mud Shot-to take care of Electric types (I prefer this to Earthquake due to it being a Sp.Atk which is what Politoed focuses on)

Water Pulse-Chance of confusion

Hyper Voice-can be replaced

Also he is mostly for the Rain.

Galvatula

I've taken your advice and taught it Thunder and I might give it Focus Sash so far he hasn't needed it

Pelipper has been replaced by Noivern which:

Noiver-Modest-Infiltrator-Starf Berrie (Sharply increases a random stat in a pinch)

Hurrican- Stab & 100% accuracy in the rain

Draco Meteor-Easy to kill others

Tailwind-to make others faster

Super Fang-Cuts opponents HP by half everytime

Swampert (Modest was a mistake I didn't mean to put that) Jolly (+SPD, -SP.Atk), Focus Sash

Waterfall

Sludge Wave-has actually been a great move to have

Earthquake

Avalanche

Magnetric (good to hear but I have MR so he doesn't have any weakness, and his HP is Dark)

With Politoed, Scald or Surf might help you a bit more. Scald's got a higher chance to inflict its relative status and has a higher base Power. Hydro Pump (While inaccurate) will put a lot of Pokemon down in one shot when it's raining. If you're doing a doubles battle, Perish song would be that much better just to force the entire game out to switch, not to mention if there's a Pokemon you can't hit they have to switch or risk dying.

Your Noivern sounds good in theory, but in practicality Noivern is actually really frail so it's not gonna be able to use that Starf Berry. I've always found Choice Specs/Scarf to be really helpful, or if you're not a fan of Choice Items, Life Orb works really well on it as well.

Swampert sounds good, but your Sludge Wave's not gonna be hitting too hard since you're Jolly but if it's coming through for you I guess you can keep using it, although Sash/Mirror Coat is a really good gimmick which will KO a special attacking opponent with a grass move. If you don't wanna run Mirror Coat, I suggest Curse since that sets up your Defense and Attack in one go. And it's no big loss to Swampert to lose speed, but Curse may not work too well for your Swampert seeing as how it's a Jolly Nature.

I hope this helps :)

Edited by Female Gallade