Trainer Card Gen- 6th Gen Shinies

Amethyst

See first post  

27 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you care about what to do with the 6th gen shiny recolours?

• Please use Reborn's shinies; they're much cooler!
    • If it'll be easier, I don't mind using Reborn's
    • I would prefer the canon shinies, but don't feel that strongly
    • Using custom shinies is a stupid idea for this; don't do it.

• Administrators

so here is deal

Now that 10.5 is out, turning my attention to getting our online league back in order. One of the things that needs to be done is we need to put 6th gen Pokemon into the trainer card generator, plus their shiny forms. Which means we need all the shiny sprites done for 6th gen

NOW, I already have a lot of Shiny sprites done for Reborn, but Reborn has customized shinies. On one hand, most people seem to agree that these customizations are pretty cool. On the other...? Well, they're inaccurate, so users not interested in the game, or users that come to use the Trainer Card generator for their own purposes may be disappointed when the shiny colorations are "wrong".

So here's the option: I can either re-use Reborn's shinies for the Trainer Card generator (would only be affecting 6th gen shinies) or I can spend time recolouring all of the 6th gen Pokemon to their canonical shiny palettes for the Trainer Card generator.

In either case, the game itself will be unaffected, although if I spend time doing extra recolours for the site, it'll take more time, which means I won't get to working on the next episode as soon. On the other hand using 6th gen shinies for both the game and site will serve two purposes which means that those alterations will make it into the game faster.

Basically:

Using Reborn shiny sprites-

• Pros: They look cooler probably, this will be a lot quicker;
  • Cons: Technically "wrong"

Using canon shiny sprites-

• Pros: Correctness and continuity with existing shiny sprites;
  • Cons: Going to take a while longer

So my question is, as seen in the poll, how much do you guys care about this one way or another?