Lanturn

Ikaru

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 4 months later...
BOLTBEAM
Lanturn (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam

:I Bolt Beam nuff said
A lot of hp but no defense And low offenses too. All it has is type coverage.

[size=4][font=times new roman,times,serif][color=#CCCCCC][Charge Beam][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][Lanturn] (M/F) @ [Leftovera][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]Trait: [Volt Absorb][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]EVs: [252 HP/252 SpAtk/4 Speed OR 52 HP/252 SpAtk/200 SpDef/4 Speed][/color]
[color=#CCCCCC][Nature] Calm/Modest[/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]- Charge Beam[/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]- Surf/Scald[/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]- Ice Beam[/color]
[color=#CCCCCC]- Substitute/Heal Bell[/color]

[color=#CCCCCC][Lanturn is a Pokemon sporting very high HP, but average stats otherwise. This set focuses upon bulkiness with Charge Beam to enhance offensive power. It is ideal to switch in on either an Electric move, or a Pokemon that cannot threaten you, to start charging up. Powerful physical attacks such as Earthquake can absolutely destroy you, so it is ideal as a late game sweeper when counters are removed. The moves are mostly explanatory, Charge Beam, your choice of STAB, and the ever useful Ice Beam. The final moveslot is an interesting choice. Substitute is a classic duo with Charge Beam, that works well to negate status and set up on weaker Pokemon. However, Heal Bell can also cure status, and gives utility before you attempt to set up; you can bluff yourself as a more tanky support Lanturn if you want. The first EV spread is for Heal Bell, lots of HP and Special Attack. The second one is for Substitute; 52 HP EVs yields in 404 HP, allowing for 101 Subs. Special Attack is maxed again, while the rest is poured into Special Defense with 4 speed EVs. You may choose to put it in Defense instead; but I prefer boosting Lanturn's naturally better Special Defense. Calm can be used to further power up that Special Defense; however you may go with Modest on either set.][/color][/font][/size]

• 7 months later...
actually,^thatset I just posted today, but I edited it into my previous post instead of making a new post. actually, I'm making a new post anyways ^_~

[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][Agility]
[Lanturn] (M/F) @ [Life Orb]
Trait: [Volt Absorb]
EVs: [252 SpAtk/252 Speed/4 HP]
[Nature] Modest/Timid
- Agility
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

[Sweeper Lanturn #2!. Anyways, Lanturn's speed is less than stellar, so this set alleviates that with Agility. Even with Timid, some non scarfed Pokemon will outspeed you, so Modest and Timid are both fine choices. In terms of offensive moves, we want the strongest moves around(except Thunderand Blizzard!). Actually, if you use this Lanturn in hail or rain, Thunder or Blizzard can replace their weaker counterparts. In any case, that's why Scald and Discharge aren't used. There's not much else to say, Lanturn is actually pretty powerful; however he can't really take down wallsthat aren't weak to him. Just treat him as any other sweeper; take down any counters/checks they have. Also, if you're truly paranoid about Hydro Pump missing you can use Surf.][/size][/font]

• 3 weeks later...
Specially Defensive
Lanturn(M) @ [Leftovers]
Trait: [Volt Absorb]
EVs: [252 Spdef/252 HP/4 SpAtk]
[Nature] Calm
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Sporting a large HP stat, decent Special defense and an unique typing and ability, Lanturn can actually wall much more than it is given credit for. With its typing, ability, and given EV spread, this set is capable of walling all variants of Jolteon, non-specs Latios, Magnezone, Tornadus, Starmie, and Rotom-W. Toxic allows you to whittle away at your opponents health pressuring for a switch, while Volt Switch can be used to keep offensive momentum when that switch occurs. Scald, with its handy 30% burn rate, is used to cover for Lanturn's mediocre defense stat. Although many moves could go into the last slot, I prefer Heal Bell. Many sweepers I encouter such as, Agility Metagross, Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragonite, Double Dance Terrakion, Calm Mind Virizion and many more all loathe the slow of paralysis, the limitation of sweeping Toxic, and the siphoning Burn. I'd suggest teaming up this Lanturn with sweepers that may need a weakened team to start sweeping such as Gyrados, or a wall that appreciates immunity to electric attacks such as Skarmory. As an added niche, Lanturn is able to protect fast, but frail sweepers(Gengar, Jolteon Etc) from Thunder Wave and turn it into health for itself :D.

[b][u]Parafusion[/u][/b]

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

This is probably one of the most annoying Lanturn sets you'll ever find. It's EV's are spread out in a way where it makes a decent Special Attacker as well as a decent Special Wall. Thunder Wave is a basic crippling move which has a chance of your opponent missing a turn (and fortunately it cuts their speed dramatically), but combine that with Confuse Ray, and you'll turn Lanturn into a deadly hax machine. Over the course of the paralyzes and confusions that is very likely to occur from this, Lanturn can regain any lost HP from Leftovers. Thunderbolt is for high-powered STAB, as well as Scald. Scald however gives you the possibility of burn, cutting your opponent Pokemon's attack in half and ensuring that Lanturn is tougher to kill.