Laptop Reset and now my saves are corrupted

Hello all, basically title.

I have a very old laptop in my student apartment that i mainly use for just looking some stuff up and also Pokemon Reborn, because most games don‘t run on my laptop anymore. A couple of days ago my laptop started an update as usual and i didn‘t think much of it. Today i started it up and got a message on the start-up screen but i was too fast to click it away to read and remember what it said. When my home screen popped up it looked like my laptop literally reset to factory settings, all my folders vanished from home screen and my background was the windows default all of a sudden. I found all my pokemon reborn files and other stuff in the trash and i tried restoring everything, but when i loaded up my game it only gave me the option to start a new one. 

Funny thing is: i still have the „shortcut to save folder“ working and all my save files are in there, but when i renamed the latest save to game.dat and tried starting, my game completely crashed. Anyone had similar experiences and knows what to do?

Thanks for any help in advance, i really would like to keep playing and not start over as i was just getting out of early game and it started getting really interesting with teambuilding etc.

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, NotEnoughSpace said:

Hello all, basically title.

I have a very old laptop in my student apartment that i mainly use for just looking some stuff up and also Pokemon Reborn, because most games don‘t run on my laptop anymore. A couple of days ago my laptop started an update as usual and i didn‘t think much of it. Today i started it up and got a message on the start-up screen but i was too fast to click it away to read and remember what it said. When my home screen popped up it looked like my laptop literally reset to factory settings, all my folders vanished from home screen and my background was the windows default all of a sudden. I found all my pokemon reborn files and other stuff in the trash and i tried restoring everything, but when i loaded up my game it only gave me the option to start a new one. 

Funny thing is: i still have the „shortcut to save folder“ working and all my save files are in there, but when i renamed the latest save to game.dat and tried starting, my game completely crashed. Anyone had similar experiences and knows what to do?

Thanks for any help in advance, i really would like to keep playing and not start over as i was just getting out of early game and it started getting really interesting with teambuilding etc.

You need to name your save file to Game.rxdata, not Game.dat
If your save files are corrupted however, there is nothing that can be done about it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dred said:

If your save files are corrupted however, there is nothing that can be done about it. 

Aww man alright, i‘ll have to check if that works, i somehow remembered it as saving as game.dat but that was my mistake then :/ thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 2:19 AM, Dred said:

Experiencing the frustration of a laptop reset and corrupted saves can be disheartening, but amidst tech hiccups, a virtual escape awaits. Redirect your gaming journey to the world of Gambino Slots at https://www.producthunt.com/@gambinoslot. It's a chance to replenish the thrill, leaving behind the digital setbacks. Let the immersive world of online slots be a refreshing detour, offering the excitement of a new adventure and the promise of unforeseen wins. Embrace the unpredictability of the slots, and in no time, the frustration of corrupted saves might just fade away amidst the reels and bonuses of Gambino.

Edited by BarNY