Help with moveset for my team

Sateesh R

Hi all. I am new to playing pokemon reborn. This is my current team. 

Lapras 

Metagross

Amphaross

Dragonite

Infernape

Krokodile

Can anyone suggest good movesets and items for this team? Is is overall well balanced for late game? Do any need to switch out any?

I have golurk, charizard, whimsicott, aloan ninetales, arcanine, crobat, klinklang, toxapex, snorlax, chandlure, gengar in reserve. 

Thank you very much. 
Regards

Heres my thoughts on some general sets. They wont necessarily win every battle but they should be solid, and hopefully minimize trips to the move relearner.

Metagross - a really good option since it excells with or without the mega, so you can save that for another member that could use it. I think regardless of how you want to run it you should have meteor mash and earthquake. If you want to run mega, you cant go wrong with 4 attacks or rarely 3 attacks + agility, say something like meteor mash, eq, bullet punch/coverage, zen headbutt/situational coverage. Without, I think you have a few more options like stealth rock and/or agility. Those sets could be something like

stealth rock, meteor mash, eq, bullet punch/explosion/toxic or agility, meteor mash, eq, explosion/zen headbutt/coverage/bullet punch. Metagross benefits from pretty much any item but I think its great with weakness policy since that item can be annoying to fit on other pokemon.

Dragonite is a great user of dragon dance due to multiscale, where as long as you dont take damage (hazards, faster attacks, switching into a move) youre probably guaranteed a turn of d dance. And then you can use extreme speed after that lmao. but you do need a full moveset. Id go with d dance, e speed, roost/earthquake/other coverage, fly/earthquake/dragon rush/dragon claw. Id say if you want a bulkier set up go with roost + fourth move, maybe even dragon tail, but if you want to use z-moves dragonite can use flyinium z or dragonium z on fly or dragon rush respectively. Dragon STAB is very helpful in the endgame, but flying hits more in general super effectively and isnt ignored by fairy (which is common entering endgame). Additionally consider that fly does work well with lefties (though I avoid using fly so i cant speak to how the AI reacts)

Infernape is one of the few pokemon that can run mixed sets well, especially with a z move or a gem. Tbh id just pick any of infernape's high powered STAB : close combat, flare blitz, overheat (this one is fun to run with z move on phsyical sets imo), focus blast, fire blast, and some support moves or u-turn. So something like: Fire STAB, Fighting STAB, u-turn/fake-out (egg move!), will-o-wisp/taunt/stealth rock if you really need it. Of course you always do 4 attacks or 3 attacks + swords dance/nasty plot too. Choice items, Life orb, gems, or a generic boosting item are good choices. Just be mindful of infernapes frailty - you really want it to come in easy and scare/knock things out. I think Infernape is a great pokemon but depending on what you want, you could switch it out for charizard,arcanine, chandelure (I dont recomend having all of them on the same team for the most part)

I think Krookodile is the most straightforward so far - Earthquake, crunch, knock off, then choice of coverage. I dont normally like outrage as coverage but if youre running choice scarf/tailwind/some kind of speed control it can be helpful in the late game. If you want to be funny, Krookodile does really well on Extreme Evoboost teams with power trip and beat up (both egg moves). go with focus sash or a dark type boosting item.

unfortunately Im less confident in lapras and ampharos for the endgame, so its my recomendation that you switch them out with toxapex/a. ninetales/crobat/whimsicott/gengar. Not to say you couldnt succeed with them, but I think you might have to run trick room or some other accomodations to make it work. Ice STAB and Dragon STAB are both good to have, but there are better pokemon that have that. If you want me to elaborate how you could do that or my thoughts on any pokemon i didnt talk about, lmk.

Lightening round for those suggestions:

Toxapex w/ black sludge

baneful bunker/toxic/toxic spikes

scald

recover

haze/knockoff

Good for being annoying and sitting on pokemon. baneful bunker is good for scouting the Ai's next move and haze shuts down set up.

A. ninetales w/ light clay

aurora veil

moonblast/dazzling gleam

blizzard/freeze-dry

icy wind/hypnosis/taunt/encore

Very good if you want to set up with dragonite (be wary of hail damage), charizard X, klinklang, or anyone else. Also makes your mistakes less punishing. It was on my elite 4 team!

crobat w/ black sludge/focus sash

tailwind

u-turn

taunt/super fang

toxic/haze

Recommending a more support-oriented set here. You could also do brave bird (egg move) or acrobatics with cross poison/poison fang with a flying boosting move if you wanted something else though. Poison STAB is appeciated late game but there are a few steel types wandering around, so you might get more mileage out of a fast toxic/haze/super fang for big bosses.

Whimsicott w/focus sash, fairy boosting item, choice specs

Moonblast/dazzling gleam

Tailwind

leech seed/switcheroo or encore (egg moves)

Grass STAB/u-turn/Nature power/leech seed

Whimsicott's fairy STAB is very good to have, so take that into consideration. Crobat may be the better tailwind setter in singles imo, but I think Whimsicott has a better balance of offense +support. Prankster nature power is nice to have but isnt always the best choice. Also remember that prankster doesnt work against dark types.

Gengar w/ Gengarite

perish song/destiny bond/grudge

subsitute/taunt/will-o-wisp

shadow ball/hex

sludge bomb/wave

Mega Gengars Shadow tag means as long as you dont switch it in on faster pokemon, you can set up perish song and stall or use destiny bond in a pinch. grudge is a niche pick but it can open up a lot of opportunities for sweeping. 

Gengar w/ focus sash, boosting item, ghost/fight z-move

shadow ball

sludge bomb/wave

focus blast

perish song/destiny bond/grudge/will-o-wisp

Regardless of mega, gengar has a very useful STAB combo of ghost and poison + fighting coverage when it hits. It also appreciates any form of speed control, like tailwind, since it is very frail.

If I was making a team, I might go with Metagross, Dragonite, Infernape, Whimsicott, Gengar, and A.Ninetales. Though I might switch Toxapex (edit:) or Krookodile in depending on whats going on. Thanks for reading my long post - good luck!

Thank you very much. I’ll take your suggestions. 
its just that ampharos was with me very early that i find it hard to let go. But the game is getting harder as the story progresses. So looks like i have to make changes. Thanks again for taking your precious time. 

Edited by Sateesh R

Youre welcome! and yeah it can be tough skipping out on a beloved team member but i feel bad now 😅 so

Ampharos w/ Ampharosite, leftovers, or healing item

thunderbolt/thunder

dragon pulse

volt switch

coverage move of choice

mega ampharos is sloww (45) but that means its volt switch is really handy for bringing in other pokemon. Under tailwind mega ampharos basically has base 90 speed (same as klinklang) and regular ampharos has 55x2= 110 same as gengar, so you could absolutely make that work, especially in doubles and on certain fields. Remember theres the post game too, so you have a fair bit of time to use all your team members and have some fun.

• Like 1