help with patching on Mac

Myval

Hi, so i recently changed systems and i'm trying to get used to using the Mac.

When I run the updater for the mac, it runs and seems to complete but I still get the same error message that i got before running the updater.

When I boot up the game it runs through the inital screen for Chapter 6 but then immidately goes to a long exception error that says:

Exception: NoMethodEroor

Message: undefined method '[]' for #<Pokebattle_Trainer:0x000000012636e940 @saveNumber=0, @Formseen+[nil,

then it repeats [[].

I've tried to see if i patched it correctly, but i am having a hard time checking that on Mac, also i don't have a previous save, which was an issue I had seen crop up before in other posts. I'm feeling kinda stumped

Any help would be appreciated.

• Global Mods
12 hours ago, Myval said:

Hi, so i recently changed systems and i'm trying to get used to using the Mac.

When I run the updater for the mac, it runs and seems to complete but I still get the same error message that i got before running the updater.

When I boot up the game it runs through the inital screen for Chapter 6 but then immidately goes to a long exception error that says:

Exception: NoMethodEroor

Message: undefined method '[]' for #<Pokebattle_Trainer:0x000000012636e940 @saveNumber=0, @Formseen+[nil,

then it repeats [[].

I've tried to see if i patched it correctly, but i am having a hard time checking that on Mac, also i don't have a previous save, which was an issue I had seen crop up before in other posts. I'm feeling kinda stumped

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi, this initially sounds like a converter issue with your existing saves, if you have them in the Saved Games folder, if you navigate to that and find some older saves, then you need to either delete them or send the main ones my way so I can help you convert! Here are the steps to find the Saved Games folder on Mac

1st Step- Click on the Finder Icon (Located on the bottom of your Mac Screen)
2nd Step- Click on Go (Located at the Top of Your Screen)
3rd Step- Click on "GO TO FOLDER" (Located again at the Top of Your Screen)
4th Step- Type the following: ~/Library/Application Support/Pokemon Desolation/Game.rxdata

Then you should find a bunch of Game.rxdata files, the main one would be labelled just Game.rxdata, and thats the one you wanna send over!

Ah, thank you for that directory. I wasn't wanting to convert my old save (I didn't even make it out of the very first room because of an error that I was still working on). So it works now, thank you for that!

• Fixed 1