Have there been any changes to the playable character sprites since episode 13?

Vilrose

Hello !

I'm currently interested in changes to player character sprites.
I found this topic :

Unfortunately, it dates from episode 13.

Every time I try to put these sprites (winter, but the summer one don't work too) in the game folder, I get this error message :

image.png.ea940d3e4ba7f40eb3d762e584b4fe7f.png

I didn't want to dig up the topic above, as it dates from 2014, so I made this one.

And the OP hasn't been active for a while.

Anyone know if there have been any changes to the sprites?  And if there is a way to stop this error?

It will help me, and maybe other people.

Thanks in advance !

Vil'

Edited by Vilrose
  • Upvote 1

So, I checked myself about "Winter" Alice (since she's the mc I use always, literally) and I'm sure they work pretty fine. The problem is that they all are ".wepb files" (they can't work like this and you can recognize this if the sprites are surronded by useless grey and black "objects") when you download them and they have different names from the files the game supposed to find while running. So...you have first to at least make some "backups" of the original files, to make sure they are safe. Then, changing the new files' names into the olds' name and convert those files into ".png". Doing it manually won't let them work still, so use some converters and they'll be fine. And gotcha, the job is done. Despite they were made in 2014, they work. I still didn't test the Dive ones, though...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NerfMonika said:

So, I checked myself about "Winter" Alice (since she's the mc I use always, literally) and I'm sure they work pretty fine. The problem is that they all are ".wepb files" (they can't work like this and you can recognize this if the sprites are surronded by useless grey and black "objects") when you download them and they have different names from the files the game supposed to find while running. So...you have first to at least make some "backups" of the original files, to make sure they are safe. Then, changing the new files' names into the olds' name and convert those files into ".png". Doing it manually won't let them work still, so use some converters and they'll be fine. And gotcha, the job is done. Despite they were made in 2014, they work. I still didn't test the Dive ones, though...

Ooookay, so, I already saved a backup of my files, and I had saved the "winter" files with windows, by clicking on "all files", then adding the .png manually when saving.
But, if the file is noted as a png when it arrives, it may not really be one.

Thank you for having advised me, it is very kind, I will test your solution immediately !

Vil'

• Like 1