Predict the Next Person to Post

Gyaradoskiller

Its a festival...Diwali or Deepavali is the Hindu festival of lights celebrated every year in autumn in the northern hemisphere .One of the major festivals of Hinduism, it spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance, and hope over despair.Its celebration includes millions of lights shining on housetops, outside doors and windows, around temples and other buildings in the communities and countries where it is observed. The festival preparations and rituals typically extend over a five-day period, but the main festival night of Diwali coincides with the darkest, new moon night of the Hindu Lunisolar month Kartika in Bikram Sambat calendar. In the Gregorian calendar.

Micky?

Edited by Debojit97

(Oh, very well. I assure you, I've got more tricks up my sleeve.)

"...damn. That...whatever it was is more powerful then I imagined." the Shadow Umbreon thought to himself as he felt the Banette fall via their Empathic connection. "Alright, guess there's little choice in the matter..." he says while leaving the Heliolisk and Ivysaur to recover as he teleports, not back to where the intruder was waiting, but to the chamber of the Master. Only those that received a special mark from him can teleport into the chamber, and the only one that possesses such a brand is the Shadow Umbreon.

"My Lord, there is..." he starts to tell the Master, who was standing within the darkness of the chamber. "I know. I felt it... the power the creature possesses is significant." "Not as much as you, my Master." "Hmph. Still, there is no reason to take risks." the Master speaks as he casts a spell. A special spell, similar to the one that encases his own chamber: A Dimensional Lock, which he casts on the chamber where the cloaked figure is waiting. Only the Master himself can teleport in or out of the room now, and there are no other ways in or out of the room. "Now he can stay there until we finish our business here and leave. The lock will stay until we are long gone from here, our business complete" the Master's words echoed out. "As for you..."

"Yeah, I know, find the Dewott and Glaceon and bring them to the Ritual Chamber. Alright, just gotta find where the teleportation spell took them this time..." the Shadow Umbreon sighs before warping out to scour the numerous Dimensions that the creature could have teleported them to.

(Alright, alright, there. And no, you can't just override the Dimensional Lock, the Master's spell is extremely powerful. And yes, the only way in or out is to teleport in or out.)

K_H?

((Let me apply Murphy's Law to that strategy...))

As the Dimensional Lock went up, the cloaked figure sensed the power signature, and sat down, starting to meditate, focusing on the stone of one of the walls. Suddenly, the stone started to shift, liquefying and flowing onto the floor, forming a small alcove that was not covered by the Dimensional Lock. Now that that had been done, the figure continued to meditate, warping the Glaceon and the Dewott into said alcove, then dragging them into the chamber that it was in. With that done, the next thing that happened was that the figure looked around for a few seconds, then snapped its fingers, applying a Dimensional Lock of its' own to the entire chamber, alcove included. Only the cloaked figure and those it approved permission for could enter or exit the newly-locked area, but this new lock didn't override the old one; the two were in effect simultaneously. In other words, nothing at all could enter or exit the Cavern now.

((And no, you can't just override the new Dimensional Lock, much like how I can't override the old Dimensional Lock. The Cloaked Figure is on par with the Umbreon's Master in terms of power and skill.))

Jazz?

(Alright. So that is how things are going to go. Alright then...)

The Master, who was paying attention to the actions of the intruder noticed it's actions. "Hmph, warping the stone of the walls? Clever...and a dimensional lock? Perhaps you're more powerful then I expected. However...let's see if you can handle this." he says while conjuring up a spell, as they can still pass the Dimensional Locks freely.

An Orb of Shadow appears in the very center of the chamber, dimensionally anchored to the ground and reinforced with powerful magicks to be nigh-indestructible. It starts radiating a powerful aura, inflicting pain to all within the chamber, passing through any and all obstacles and tainting them with corruption or, if they are already tainted, speeding it up. Then, four more orbs appear in the corners of the room, all exactly the same as the center one.

Finally, one more surprise: If, somehow, one of the orbs were to be destroyed, there is a secret link between the spheres, one that not even the greatst of detection magics could anticipate: The other orbs would overload, unleashing a massive pulse of pure darkness, capable of overwhelming any who would be foolish enough to be in the area. The pulse would be so powerful not even the Master's or, in fact, anyone's own Antimagic Barriers would be able to block it.

(And, of course, the longer you stay, the more corrupted everyone becomes.)

K_H?

Look, I legitimately did not intend for things to go like this. Just thought I'd temporarily act a bit darker until a few days later, then suddenly the Shadow would be defeated and Id be back to normal. This is not like last time where I wanted things to keep going.

Lugruf?

Look, I legitimately did not intend for things to go like this. Just thought I'd temporarily act a bit darker until a few days later, then suddenly the Shadow would be defeated and Id be back to normal. This is not like last time where I wanted things to keep going.

You don't need to excuse or anything. You can do what you want.

K_H?

The cloaked figure waited a second or so, then snapped its fingers again, and a number of bright orbs appeared, all of them emanating a very powerful purifying and soothing aura, nullifying the effects of the Dark Orbs that had come up for all of those present in the chamber, and even reversing the effects for the Dewott and the Cloaked Figure. These orbs each had a secondary spell on them that prevented them from being damaged through Magical means

Much like their dark counterparts, they too had a secret link between them, one that not even the most sensitive of detection Magics could anticipate:

If one of the Bright Orbs were to be destroyed, it would trigger a chain reaction, causing the other orbs to create an explosion strong enough to destroy even the strongest and most heavily reinforced materials.

The figure then shook its head and shrugged its shoulders.

"Feh... You really have no clue about how to use your magic properly. I learned that exact same spell, and I know of its nuances."

The figure then sent a spell of its own towards the chamber that the Umbreon's master was residing in. This spell was one that affected any Magics that were used before, preventing them from being used twice by the same individual.

"Now, let's see how creative you can be in your Casting."

((Anstane?))

Edited by K_H

The Master senses the spell being cast and chuckles to himself. "Heh. Do you genuinely think I'm not prepared for something like this? Counterspell." The Spell Blocking spell fizzles away harmlessly. "I commend you for resisting me, but I am starting to grow weary of this." He casts a few spells in succession. First of all, a powerful Dimensional Anchor on the cloaked figure, denying it any and all teleportation. Secondly, a spell that hollowed out a large chamber underneath where the trio were, before casting the Dimensional Lock on said chamber and a large area surrounding it. There will be no escape this time...

Next, the Master melts away the floor in the current chamber, forcing everyone and everything to fall into the lower chamber, where the cloaked figure's Dimensional Lock was not in effect. Finally, as they were falling, he quickly teleports the Glaceon and Dewott directly to his chamber. He can still teleport others out of areas where his own lock is in place, others can't teleport at all, after all. Once the two were inside, he quickly cast the same Dimensional Anchor on the two. There will be no rescues this time...

At the same time, the Shadow Umbreon teleported into the Master's chamber and, seeing what had just transpired, was shocked. "You mean to tell me that..."

"Yes. The intruder is a mighty sorceror, but there's little to worry about. These two are now trapped in here with us and he's locked down, unable to escape..."

(Surely you didn't think it would be that easy, right, K_H?)

(I knew it wouldn't be that easy, but did you really think it would be that easy to stop me from preventing your ritual?)

The cloaked figure's robe had blown away in the fall, revealing him to be an otter. There was a smirk on his muzzle, and he spoke.

"It's not going to be that easy, shade. And I'm growing tired of your childs' play. I was holding back this entire time to give you a fighting chance."

The figure then cast a very powerful Dimensional Anchor of its own on the Umbreon and its master, preventing them from Teleporting in any fashion. Make no mistake, there will be no salvation from this situation. Then, the figure spoke once more.

"I'm giving you two options. Option 1 is to let the Dewott and the Glaceon go free, and leaving them alone for the rest of your existence. Option 2 is for you, your subordinate, and the ones that you are trying to convert all to meet your end at my paws or end up as my slaves, depending on how I feel."

(and yes, I really can be just that evil. Nobody ever said that opposing a Dark Lord meant that you were one of the good guys, after all...)

(Anstane, which of the Ultimatum's options will be chosen?)

(But of course, there is grey vs grey, black vs black moralities, grey vs black...)

"What...is happening?" The Shadow Umbreon cried out as the Dimensional Anchor took hold. "Hmph. Trying to prevent our escape? Is that the best you can do? After all, you're still trapped there, all alone, unable to escape. As for us...well, the circumstances are a bit different, but the end result will be the same." The Master says while taking the two prisoners, entrancing them so they won't try to escape before moving over to a small room off to the side. "You two get to stay here for a bit while we go prepare a new ritual circle in here." The Umbreon said with an irritated tone.

"As for your ultimatum...I'll think about it. We're not going anywhere either way, so there's no need to rush" the Master's voice echoed within the new chamber where the otter was now trapped.

(There's no need to rush this indeed.)

K_H?

The Otter shook its head, clearly amused. tis voice, then echoed in the chamber of the Umbreon and its master.

"Did you really think that you have the upper hand here?"

The Otter then shifted the stone of the floor up and around itself, cocooning itself in a stony shell that then sank into the floor with the otter still inside. A few seconds later, a pentagram of the floor of the chamber that housed the Umbreon and its master recessed itself downwards a very small distance, perhaps an inch or so.

(Yes, there is no need to rush this, Anstane.)

Edited by K_H

(You really are trying to push for the battle before even Halloween arrives, aren't you...well, sometimes the simplest solutions are the best)

The Master and the Shadow Umbreon, while preparing a new circle, noticed the shifting ground while the former also sensed the approaching of the intruder.

"Looks like the bastard thinks he can assault us directly. Alright then..." The Master conjures up a spell, encasing the chamber and surrounding area in yet another shell. This one is much simpler and, thus, completely invisible to even the most sensitive magical detection. It's effect is simple: Anyone who enters it in any way, shape or form is put into a trance, the same one the Glaceon and Dewott are in. Those already inside are unaffected.

"And, just to make sure..." the Master places a rune on the ground where the Pentagram had shifted. It's effect was simple: First thing to step on it would become paralyzed. A nasty paralysis that prevents damn near all movement or action. Finally, just to make sure, the Master uses an enchantment on himself and the Umbreon, making them immune to any runes, to avoid any accidents.

(K_H?)

(heh heh heh... You'll see what I'm going for soon enough.)

The signature that the Master detected went right through the field, but was unaffected by the trance-inducing spell. The reason for this soon became clear, as as a cylindrical piece of hematite that was roughly the same size as the Otter soon clunked onto the floor. A second presence could be felt nearby, but it wasn't approaching or receding. It merely waited in a single spot, not moving.

(This battle will not occur until All Hallows Eve, Anstane. The things that occur until then are just filler.)

*checks in*

WH- What happened to Dewott!? What is this hideous impostor? Also what the hay is up with this thread, it's being turned into an rp or some such! There's a dungeon somewhere in Huk's domain for that kind of stuff, I believe.

I see Bing (1) down there. At this stage I'll settle even for that. Bing?