COMET+

Will

ci31.png

This is a story of a land called Reborn, retold anew in struggle and in light.

- Début -

“By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination.”

-Christopher Columbus
- Début -
Outwards, my gaze was set, into the scene which lie before me. I had heard word of a great city, long ago. A city which stood among mountains and lay before ants. A place where all questions could be answered, and where mysteries were born. I heard of a land holy, yet cursed, and before my outward gaze, lay forth greatness and incompetence.
Outwards, my gaze was set, into the scene which lie before me, of a guise, surely, of a city in ruins and disrepair. A city of towers, beyond modern capability, which lied destroyed and overgrown with jungle canopy. Surely, as the legends held, nothing in or about this city before me made much sense. I adjusted the lenses before my eyes and thought to myself, perhaps we are lost. I turned to my partner and gazed confused into her vibrant orange eyes. I could tell by her expression that she too was shocked by our discovery, though not without holding a curious air about her. She knew this broken city before us was our destination.
Indeed, to her, this city was masked by its ruin. For here, she believed, lied the answers we seek, the reason for our quest. Our only hope, or rather, her only hope. My partner stepped forward to bask in our find. Moments of silence passed when finally she turned. She stood in my direction, waited for her light blue hair to settle, then gazed intently to my tired eyes. She raised her arm high into the sky, pointing up at what would have probably been the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.
Upwards, my gaze was set, onto the spectacle which flew before us. A streak of light painting the black night sky with every color or the spectrum, strewn across a milky white tail behind it. Before us fly a brilliant comet in the sky, larger and more magnificent then we had ever imagined. A comet which was once barely visible beyond the limits of this ruined city. I understood, finally. We were where we needed to be. Our questions would be answered here, under the light of this falling star.

Upwards, my gaze was set, onto the spectacle which flew before us, the glorious Infinity Comet.

I'll be uploading chapters I get done onto this post. Happy reading!

(Ideas and criticism very welcome!)

• Upvote 4