Solaris Garchomp

Scenekidlove

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone was able to beat his Garchomp @ The volcano.

Even at -6 Attack he still pretty much was able to kill everything I had. Unless I PP stalled his Stone edges and dragon rushes..but then he still has a full restore (or more)..

So, have you slain the beast?

I believe there is a topic somewhere on the forum regarding this. I read it briefly when I was defeated several times and I decided I wasn't going to try again:P
From what I recall people beat him with a lot of sturdy pokes and status moves, not sure though

I dropped his accuracy to -6 and just brainfroze him to death with my Icecream cone.

Love vanilla flavor.

Also, beating him changes text said by the Gastly event, and -in my opinion- makes the text a LOT more convincing... "You beat him and still let him kill me..." Uber harsh, well done Ame, I felt that one, and would have fell for that things trick if it was the real me and not a game....well done indeed.

The Ghastly thing is great indeed, good details make a great game!

Personally, I beat Garchomp via Struggle: I kept on switching in and out Staraptor, Gyarados and Luxray, dropping its attack to -6... Then I sent out Quagsire, which resists both coverage moves and has enough defense to take the STAB moves without any particular problem, and then I just kept using Super Potions (I had 50 of those)! Soon Garchomp struggled and eventually suicided...

I've beaten him twice.

Once I used a bunch of intimidate pokes and tangrowth (leech seed, sleep powder and set up to max attack with growth).

The second time was much sillier: caught a prankster cottonee with leech seed and a low level pineco with sturdy. Pineco had so little hp that leech seed just reset sturdy every turn. garchomp had no choice but to sit there dying slowly and painfully.