Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

On the hunt: Level grinding areas

Red'sCharizard

Question

6 answers to this question

I personally don't like farming Basculin at Tanzan cove for experience (mostly because I keep getting Mantyke and Luvdisc whenever I try. I don't need more heart scales, dammit!)

Which higher level EXP area you want depends mostly on what you're EV training for. If you're looking for Attack, I suggest going to the fish tank in Lower Peridot Ward and using a good rod to fish out high leveled Goldeen and Seaking (less commonly Finneon for Speed). These will be in the 36-52 level range. Just be careful if whatever you're training is of lower level than this; Goldeen and Seaking pack Horn Drill (the former at 41+, the latter at 47+). Also, they both pack powerful Waterfall, so be careful if you're training Excadrill or something else that's weak to water moves.

On the other hand, if you're looking for defense and/or speed, I recommend the Tanzan Depths. In that area, the wild Pokemon generally come in the 40-47 level range, if I remember correctly. Geodude, Graveler, Onix, Sandshrew, Sandslash, and the rare Durant all give you Defense, whereas Diglett, Dugtrio, Zubat, and Golbat all give speed. This area also requires a bit of caution, depending on what you're training; Geodude, Graveler, and Onix all have a chance to pack Sturdy, and the former two also pack Explosion/Selfdestruct. Keep this in mind when you're training, especially if you're weak to rock or ground moves (my poor Cryogonal ;_; ).

I don't believe there are any particularly high leveled areas for Special Attack and Special Defense (Tanzan Cove grass being the highest level for both, with Oddish/Gloom for SpA and Ledyba/Ledian for SpD).

Edited by WhiteyMcFly

If you want to EV train, just beat bunch of lower level pokés and then just move up to whatever area is your highest for level. For attack and speed on my Flygon(s) I just killed bunch of stuff next to the grand hall in the night, they all give +spe or +atk.

For lower levels Unowns are good for attackers, just remember to go buy berries from wal... dep.store to cancel EVs on not benefical attack stat.

HP is good to train at that Island, woopers, quagsires, amoonguses and foonguses yield HP EVs.

For Defense, I'd use Magcargos. They don't even have that annoying sturdy or they won't blow up onto your face.

SpD. is the worst at the moment, only good I can think of are Ledians and Ledybas. Took a while to train up my Noctowl with them. Oh, Venonats yield SpD. xp too.

Edited by Chrattac

I grind at Citae Arc-d'Astrae Aerie (totally copypasted). Them lv 70+ unowns (amongst other grindable things).

Yes, I bothered to walk all the way back there. I am strange.

Edited by Khayoz