Type Weakness Challenge. Only for Pro players

barath1989

Hi All
This is my first play through in this game. so basically am not trying this challenge 😝

However I have a challenge in mind for some of the seasoned campaigners in this game and others who expect some "challenge" if they already completed this game. . It's called the "Type weakness Challenge"

Basically we all progress in pokemon games by defeating gym leaders with a strong team having some type advantage right? that too in a game like reborn we assemble the best team for the upcoming gym we  gonna face by updating&shuffling the rosters regularly with the best possible Mons available at that time to face that gym leader .  
Well in this challenge we are gonna basically Flip it and put you in a difficult spot in a difficult game .. Try this challenge only if you have pure skill + bit of luck ;)

Rules: 

1) You should go in a with a full team of six with full type weakness to the gym leader you gonna face against. for example against the 1st gym leader Julia who uses electric types you should defeat her with a team full of water+flying types in your party. for the second gym you should defeat Florinia with full rock/ground and water types in your party.. it goes so on..
p.s : Against the normal type gym leader alone you should face him with a team that does NOT take advantage of the grassy terrain. This is exception only to the normal type gym leader as we don't have any types that are weak to Normal types. I initially thought of team full of ghost types to face him , but it won't work. so i changed the idea for this normal gym alone. 
2) Duplicate clause allowed for the initial few gyms where you cannot make up  your party members of full six. (i don't think so. personally as you can have a full team of six weak to electric type before 1st gym itself if you have a Bibarel which knows headbutt it will help in catching those flying types).
3) Though you cannot have type advantage against the gym leader, you can have super-effective moves against them . However only one move on one pokemon per gym.  Example- A flying type pokemon with ground type move against the 1st gym leader (damaging move like mud-slap or non-damaging move like sand attack ) anything is fine, However only one of your pokemon can have it at that point when you face the gym leader. This rule is  basically the lifeline in this challenge.
4) Dual type Pokemon are allowed. however Pokemon with neutralizing types not allowed. For example, you cannot face the grass gym leader with a Numel/Camerupt in your party. Though its ground type is weak to her grass type, it also has the fire type which neutralizes the damage . So a strict NO for situations like that. 
one more example on point 4. you can't face 1st gym leader with noibat in your party. Though its flying type is weak to electric type attacks, its dragon type resists electric types. so it will neutralize the damage. so NOT allowed.
5) You can face all other rivals and other trainers with any team of your choice in order to progress the story . This applies only for the Gym leaders you going to face against. 

6) Healing/ Healing items not allowed during gym battles. However other held items allowed. Just one more leverage in addition to point 3 😅😋

If you are fan of nuzlockes/ permadeath challenge then this challenge might also fascinate you 

This challenge seems very difficult . However its not impossible. with right strategy i think one can overcome this. 

Good luck and do share your experience ;).. 

Edited by barath1989
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kamado said:

I'LL try but what about greninjas protean?

Good question .. 

2 solutions

1) If it has protean ability make sure you don't have an attack that has type effectiveness against the gym you facing.. (for example don't have flying poison or ice type moves against the grass gym).  and other type attacks even though having STAB will do only Neutral damage against that grass gym you gonna face. Plan it in such a way for other gyms too.  Greninja wont be learning any fire type moves except for Hidden power fire . But Hidden power is Nerfed through the generations. so i didn't mention fire in that example brackets. 
2) Don't use protean.. Use torrent if you want to avoid complications as its not the only ability . 

Edited by barath1989
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Siv said:

Hmm. Honestly doesn't sound too hard. Still a good amount of options available..

Honestly i too never seen anyone complete this kind of challenge even in youtube videos. Common ones are monotypes, nuzlockes, solo-run etc.
so just came up with this idea

Good luck if you are gonna try it 😊

• Like 1

i mean. if it has to be 4x weaknesses or nothing then thats a bit stupid. but if its just type weakness in general it's much more doable. 

Julia gets bodied by goldeen, from pulling an ice-mono run i can tell you beating charlotte and tania is pretty simple in concept (not so much excecution) however fighting Samson with no jynx, tania with no lapras and charlotte with no walrein might be a bit tougher.

So it's probably possible

On 7/4/2021 at 8:00 PM, Lil' Sunny said:

i mean. if it has to be 4x weaknesses or nothing then thats a bit stupid. but if its just type weakness in general it's much more doable. 

Julia gets bodied by goldeen, from pulling an ice-mono run i can tell you beating charlotte and tania is pretty simple in concept (not so much excecution) however fighting Samson with no jynx, tania with no lapras and charlotte with no walrein might be a bit tougher.

So it's probably possible

we don't really have a 4x weakness of a full six team without duplicating for every gym, Like you don't get a water/flying team of six in 1st gym itself. same way you don't have a 4x weakness   (rock/ground) team of six for grass gym either. plus doing a 4x weakness challenge will harshly restrict the number of pokemon one can use as a very minimal pokemon only having 4x weakness. comparing to the total massive 800+ (including all the seven gens), 
Type weakness in general only makes this challenge more fun imo . not a full 4x weaknesses challenge. 
Plus as i said before i am not sure if anybody have actually pulled this challenge out before. Execution may be tougher than concept. 

p,s, goldeen can't really pull off all six of julia's pokemon. they  have sonicboom which solidly deals 20 HP every turn and her oricorio has air cutter. 
As per my one of the rules laid as there is no healing in battles. Then it's a tough run 

Good luck if you gonna try this challenge. 

Edited by barath1989
  • Like 1