I can not beat Terra

drphsycodave44

I have been trying to beat Terra for a while now and just can't seem to be able to do it. I find it hard to get past her quagsire, her garchomp sweeps my entire team and i haven't even seen her pallosand yet.

My team:

Alakazam lv. 66 (Amplified rock) -Psychic,Psychic Terrain, Charge beam, Ice punch

Floatzel lv. 65 (Sea incense) -Razor wind,Aqua tail,Agility,Hydro pump

Noivern lv. 72 (Sky plate) -Air slash,Hurricane,Dragon pulse,Bite

Wailrein lv. 65 (Icicle plate) -Snore,Surf,Blizzard,Ice fang

Ludicolo lv. 65 (Meadow plate)- Giga drain,Hydro pump,Knock off,Rain dance

Avalugg lv.65 ( NM ice) -Avalanche, Blizzard,Crunch,Body slam

Box pokemon:

Ampharos lv. 75

Lycanroc Day lv. 68

Blaziken lv. 75

Escavalier lv. 75

Sylvally lv. 65

Krookodile lv. 70

Camerupt lv. 67

Reuniclus lv. 64

Spiritomb lv. 55

Exeggutor lv. 65

Klinkklang lv. 51

Malamar lv. 64

Mightyena lv. 50

Donphan lv. 50

Pallosand lv. 67

Arcanine lv. 68

Drapion lv. 55

( If anyone needs the abilities or moves of these pokemon I'll add them)

If anyone has any alternative pokemon or good strategies they'd be really appreciated as i want to continue the story but can't make it past this battle.

You must know that you're battling Terra in Glitch Field, which means you have to use setup moves when fighting against Quagsire. You should know that in Glitch Field, physical and special moves are now determined by the move type. Special Attack stat and Special Defense stat are merged back to Special stat which is determined on which one is higher between Special Attack and Special Defense. Every Dark, Steel and Fairy type moves become Normal type moves. Dragon type moves deals neutral damage and Ghost type moves can't touch Psychic type Pokemon. Critical hit rate increases by one stage if attacker is faster than the target. Blizzard accuracy is at 90%. Psychic type moves gains 20% of power. You must have Synthetic Seed, too. It will be quite useful, I suppose. But before that, you must max the level depending on how many badges you have obtained.

Edited by RoyChaos

I can't fact check my suggestion but does her Quagsire still hold the seed that raises its defenses? The name of the seed is escaping me right now, but if your Alakazam can move faster than it and set up psychic terrain, it'll delay the activation of that item. As for the Garchomp, it hurts a lot. The way I beat Terra was by setting up a Trick Room with my Reuniclus. Given that Garchomp is so fast, my team was able to withstand its attacks. You have some solid ice types on your team that could take Garchomp down in 1-2 hits if they have the opportunity to land those hits. Does the Garchomp raise its stats before sweeping your team, or does it one shot anyone who faces off against it? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, penguinchoo said:

I can't fact check my suggestion but does her Quagsire still hold the seed that raises its defenses? The name of the seed is escaping me right now, but if your Alakazam can move faster than it and set up psychic terrain, it'll delay the activation of that item. As for the Garchomp, it hurts a lot. The way I beat Terra was by setting up a Trick Room with my Reuniclus. Given that Garchomp is so fast, my team was able to withstand its attacks. You have some solid ice types on your team that could take Garchomp down in 1-2 hits if they have the opportunity to land those hits. Does the Garchomp raise its stats before sweeping your team, or does it one shot anyone who faces off against it? 

Thanks for the advice. I taught my Alakazam trick room and gave it the amplified rock and was able to basically 1-2 shot all of her pokemon. That really helped.

• Like 1