Story Choice Help

Kenraiya

The cutscenes and dialogues, of course and also :

-If the case of Shiv, not only you will have a reputation point with Shiv but also with Ava. But you will lose a reputation point with Nova.

-If the case of Nova, you gain reputation point with Nova but lose reputation point with both Shiv and Ava.

That's all I know.

19 minutes ago, Kenraiya said:

Just started a playthrough and got to the choice between Shiv and Nova with the Onyx Stone. What happens or changes depending on who you give the stone too?

10 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

The cutscenes and dialogues, of course and also :

-If the case of Shiv, not only you will have a reputation point with Shiv but also with Ava. But you will lose a reputation point with Nova.

-If the case of Nova, you gain reputation point with Nova but lose reputation point with both Shiv and Ava.

That's all I know.

MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

Spoiler

To add on to this, if you decide to give the stone to Nova, specific future instances where you can gain reputation points with Ava are actually nullified, meaning you can't increase your reputation points with Ava where you normally could if you decided to give the stone to Shiv. 

I also noticed that if you have a good relationship status with Scarlett, if you decided to give the stone to Nova, and then decided to stop Scarlett from taking her own life, she will not kill herself after seeing you switch sides just to save her life. There is another way to save Scarlett (collecting her old bow) but when I got to the scene atop the Sky Tower in Blackview, there was no prompt to show her the bow, simply my choice to give Nova the stone saved her life. 

Several other instances will occur where Nova and Shiv will mention you handed the stone to Nova/Shiv in dialogue. These are most of the outcomes I can remember from my playthrough where I gave the stone to Nova. 

5 minutes ago, Junior said:

MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

Hide contents

To add on to this, if you decide to give the stone to Nova, specific future instances where you can gain reputation points with Ava are actually nullified, meaning you can't increase your reputation points with Ava where you normally could if you decided to give the stone to Shiv. 

I also noticed that if you have a good relationship status with Scarlett, if you decided to give the stone to Nova, and then decided to stop Scarlett from taking her own life, she will not kill herself after seeing you switch sides just to save her life. There is another way to save Scarlett (collecting her old bow) but when I got to the scene atop the Sky Tower in Blackview, there was no prompt to show her the bow, simply my choice to give Nova the stone saved her life. 

Several other instances will occur where Nova and Shiv will mention you handed the stone to Nova/Shiv in dialogue. These are most of the outcomes I can remember from my playthrough where I gave the stone to Nova. 

I knew I would choose to give Nova the stone, even if I had consequences.

8 minutes ago, Kenraiya said:
  Hide contents

Tbh I dont trust either of them. Shiv is 100% shady but Nova seemed bat shit crazy. Any recommendations on this choice?

Spoiler

Having finished the game, I now know who I should have trusted the entire game, but just pick whoever you trust more with the current events of the game. If you value reputation points, you lose more with certain characters when giving the stone to Nova, but if you give the stone to Shiv, you can make up for the lost reputation points with Nova later in the story through some key choices. Also, giving the stone to Nova infuriates Shiv, while Nova seems more understanding of your choice if you decide to give the stone to Shiv. You still lose reputation points for either of them depending on your choice, but maybe you lose more with Shiv if you decide to give the stone to Nova. 

Edited by Junior