Pokemon topics no one talks about...

LeoG

Curious what topics regarding the Pokemon world some people might be interested in that likely will never get attention in the real series.

If we're being truthful and realistic, Pokemon are scary beasts! But the anime and games seem to gloss over stuff like that!

One topic I think is glossed over is one very important one that links everyone in the Pokemon world!

Food.

There's already evidence that Pokemon prey on other Pokemon and that a food chain exists. It'd be interesting to see an extensive Pokemon Food Chain of which Pokemon will feed on which and which ones are at the top and bottom.

But beyond all of that, one thing that makes me curious is how humans fit in that chain. Do they have hamburgers in the Pokemon world? If so, what are they made of? One of my favorite pokemon, Farfetch'd, has been confirmed as being hunted to near extinction to be made into a tasty dish (why do you think it's my favorite?!). Are the Miltank and Tauros farms also for slaughtering them for beef? I bet a big Staraptor or Pigiot would make a tasty meal for a large family. Or some Stantler or Swasbuck jerky would make a great snack on trips through the wilderness. Would there be salad delicacies from special grass-types? (although it kind of defeats the purpose of being a vegetarian if the pokemon is killed in the process).

Anyway, what other topics do you sometimes think about? I'm sure there are plenty and the whole kidnapping of kids is only the easiest to pick out.

Come to think of it, how does pokemon breeding actually work? You leave them with the daycare couple, and sometimes they find an egg. I always had the mentality of "THESE GUYS ARE GONNA F*** AND MAKE BABIES GOGOGO!"

The anime and games have both confirmed that there's food not made from Pokemon. In addition to normal animals. Misty's gym has non-pokemon fish in it, and I can't find a picture of it atm, but one town had a burger joint in it.

The anime and games have both confirmed that there's food not made from Pokemon. In addition to normal animals. Misty's gym has non-pokemon fish in it, and I can't find a picture of it atm, but one town had a burger joint in it.

I find it hard to believe there are non-pokemon animals in the pokemon universe. The only ones I'd assume exists are tiny insects.

Beyond those, it is mentioned time and time again that humans eat Pokemon. There is even in-game mention that you should pick a pokemon's bones clean so they can be reborn in the Diamond/Pearl games.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sinnoh_myths

EDIT: That said, I'm sure there is food that isn't made of Pokemon. It's obvious since even 'carnivorous' Pokemon eat berries, alluding to the idea that all Pokemon are likely omnivorous and food is prepared that isn't made of meat. That doesn't mean, however, that Pokemon aren't eaten. It'd be a huge waste if a large population of the world's animal population went on not getting eaten...they'd quickly overpopulate the world.

Edited by LeoG

^This. In one episode they have a party and there is all different kinds of regular food. A couple of the older pokedex entries mention Indian elephants as well. Miltank are valuable for their milk so they don't just exist to be slaughtered. You can probably picture a food chain by just looking at all the pokemon.

Edited by LGND Red

^This. In one episode they have a party and there is all different kinds of regular food. A couple of the older pokedex entries mention Indian elephants as well. Miltank are valuable for their milk so they don't just exist to be slaughtered. You can probably picture a food chain by just looking at all the pokemon.

But does it tell you what that regular food is made of?

As for the mention of Indian Elephants, have you ever seen in the game, anime or manga things like regular animals like frogs, dogs, horses or just ambient creatures like birds, cattle or mice that would appear randomly? The mention of the Elephants might likely be a 4th wall mention to us as the player and not the actual playable character, i.e. they're pokedex entries we're reading about the game.

It's widely debated if the world of Pokemon resides on Earth or an Earth-like planet. It certainly takes inspiration from our Earth but there are many hints leading to believe that it is *NOT* Earth. Place names are hardly a solid link.

Needless to say, pokemon-world isn't on *OUR* Earth. It has places and background unrelated to Earth that do not exist and vice versa. It could be written off that pokemon-world is Earth but with pokemon, but this is a thread about discussing such topics not really discussed.

Even if 'Indian Elephants' exist, what separates them from Pokemon? Or any 'regular' animal that it's safe to eat compared to a Pokemon? And since the lore of Pokemon alludes to the possibility that humans themselves descended from Pokemon, possibly being Pokemon, how do we know such creatures aren't Pokemon? Just because they aren't in the Pokedex yet? And new Pokemon are discovered 'every day' just like in our world, new species are discovered all the time. You might see an alternate species of Mamoswine that resembles more closely an elephant that was once not considered a Pokemon...

Hey hey
What if

There are other organism out there, only not shown yet. This concept is used every region, so I wouldn't find it hard to believe that Elephants will appear in the Pokedex soon.

Haha my point exactly. You posted while I was typing :P

Edited by LeoG

Diffrence between pokemon and real world bugs.

"Misty is scared when she sees a Caterpie, and Ash tries to calm her down by reminding her that it's a Bug-type Pokémon rather than a "real" bug.

Pidgeotto is seen eating a regular worm before being captured by Ash."

Examples of Normal food, somebody mentioned wanting some proof.

"Brock attempts to attract customers to a restaurant by advertising unusual animal-themed dishes, including french-fried flounder, seven-layered crab cakes, squid on a stick, and clam juice snowcones."

Edited by LGND Red

There are many myths in the Sinnoh region. Below are several from the library in Canalave City and other sources in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Sinnoh Folk Tales (Japanese: シンオウ むかしばなし Sinnoh Folklore) is a book of three folk stories.

"Sinnoh Folk Story 1"

Pick clean the bones of Pokémon

caught in the sea or stream.

Thank them for the meals they

provide, and pick their bones clean.

When the bones are as clean as can

be, set them free in the water from

which they came.

The Pokémon will return, fully

fleshed, and it begins anew.

Edited by LeoG

Something that I'm curious about that ties in with humans coming from pokemon is how moves affect humans. Especially moves that "one-hit KO" pokemon. That also makes me think about wars between humans and pokemon like Lt.Surge mentions.

I'm wondering the actual strength of pokemon attacks in relation to humans. At least, in the anime, it shows humans getting hit by electricity, fire, ice, water, even fighting moves and most of the time only feeling pain but still capable of going on. Either pokemon attacks aren't quite as deadly as they look or humans can be as resilient as pokemon. Of course, when you start getting into pokemon of monolithic size compared to a human, they're considerably more deadly.

well in that world humans are related to pokemon, thats why they dont get effected from these semi deadly types, huamns can be any time some attacks deal more damage than others

my question, when will they find a legendary poison type, they have a legendary of everytype including the newly introduced fairy type, but posion still doesnt have any, what would you gys think a good legendary poison would look like?

Aren't there a few episodes where it shows Ash n friends roasting regular fish? I'm sure ive seen it maybe in the first few seasons.

Aren't there a few episodes where it shows Ash n friends roasting regular fish? I'm sure ive seen it maybe in the first few seasons.

You might be right, I know there are several episodes where regular fish are seen swimming but I can't remember if I have seen them roasting fish.