Error trying to start a new game

Knaagg

Hi, I've looked around and it didn't seem like this error was known. So whenever I try to start a new game i get this error:

image.png.cc932feb7f532943aaad108480aa28e9.png

I am playing on a mac with OS Catalina. Hopefully somebody can help me out with this!

I just downloaded the new episode for Pokemon Desolation but whenever I try to start a new game, this error pops up and says: Script 'PokemonLoad' line 1096: Errno::EACCES occurred. Permission denied - Data/Last Save.dat and i don't know what that means.

On 7/5/2020 at 6:35 PM, Galarman19 said:

I just downloaded the new episode for Pokemon Desolation but whenever I try to start a new game, this error pops up and says: Script 'PokemonLoad' line 1096: Errno::EACCES occurred. Permission denied - Data/Last Save.dat and i don't know what that means.

Are you trying to use an old save (v4 or older) with v5? Also which operating system? 

• 5 weeks later...

I am getting the exact same problem on MacOS 10.14.6.

Happens every time i click New Game.

EDIT: I tried to download the game again, and it still showed me the same message.

EDIT2: The game's working. What i had to do was right click the games icon and click on "Show Package Contents", which took me to the games folder. Click on Contents -> MacOS -> mkxp-z. This opened the game like normal, without any error messages.

Edited by Rugs
  • Like 1