Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Breeding question

Chrattac

Question

I am not sure if this topic is under right forum, so excuséz moi.

Anyway, I just wonder that if I breed Misdreavus with Dark Pulse&Nasty Plot with a Cofagrigus with Curse, Will-o, Shadow Ball, Power Split and Hex, will the resulting Misdreavus have Will-o, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot and Shadow Ball?

If not, what if I remove all but Will-o from Cofagrigus and breed it that way, will the Will-o come to resulting along with already breeded moves from Spiritomb? (Misdreavus is female and Cofagrigus male if that wasn't obvious). I am not that familiar with in-game egg move breeding. Just because Modest Nasty Plot/Will-o/Shadow Ball/Dark Pulse Mismagius is what I am aiming for, only will-o is problem now that we don't have the TM available yet.

Or should I remove from both participants all the moves I don't want? (misdreavus with nastyplot&dark pulse and cofagrigus with will-o&shadow ball)

Edited by Chrattac

6 answers to this question

For a move to be passed on, it must be on the father's moveset, not the mother (unless it's a move in the original Pokemon leveling skillset, it will have to be on both parents). Tutor moves won't pass down, so i don't know how you can get a Dark Pulse Misdreavus as it's not a TM in Gen V.

So what you get from a Cofagrigus with Curse, Will-o, Shadow Ball, Power Split and Hex, would be a Misdreavus with Psywave/Curse/ WIll-o-Wisp/ Shadow ball, and if your Misdreavus knows Pain Split too then that will be passed down and erase Psywave.

I'm going to search a way so that you can have the moves you want and come back later, but i'm pretty sure you can't get Dark Pulse yet until a move tutor, sorry.

Darn, I only have my Misdreavus plan going on the egg phase at the very moment, somehow I thought that along with nasty plot the dark pulse will go to the offspring from the father. :-/

Well guess I have to go catch a female Spiritomb for getting will-o for Misdreavus then. Any idea if Nasty Plot will go to deascendant if mother has it and breeding with Cofagrigus? Cba grinding another spiritomb to lvl is learns it as I already grinded one male to point it gets Dark pulse. Also when does the game decide wheter the hatchling is male or female? Upon hatch or upon receiving the egg? (Hope aforesaid to avoid having to spend time with multiple spiritomb eggs as I am not going to use that pokemon on my team anyway)

Edited by Chrattac

No it won't pass down because your Cofagrius doesn't have Nasty Plot. If both parents got it then yeah it would have worked because Nasty Plot is a leveling move in Spiritomb skillset.

The gender and everything is decided when you get the egg, but you can't know whether it's a female or not until it hatches.