Help - Preparing for the Reborn League

Neutral

Hello, I'm not sure if it's right to say that I'm "new" to Reborn at this rate. I believe it's more appropriate for me to say I'm roughly a month old as a member here now. After battling a few times, getting a mixture between frustration and addicting action throughout my experience, I finally feel like it's about time I build a team to challenge the reborn league. Sadly I really don't know anything about anything outside of single battles; in fact, I'm honestly not even that great at building teams as a whole (every time I feel like I built something great it's the complete opposite) I ultimately got help to build my current OU Ranking team which is over all very successful.

Well, enough of my rambling. I'm really looking for someone who can assist me in preparing for all the challenges ahead in this league. I'm aware that most of them favor triple battles, and that my team should be prepared for just about any type of battle. Other than that, I don't exactly know what to expect. So forgive me if this team I imagined up would do horrible (as I said before, I'm not even that great at building teams).

Here's my plan as of right now:

398f.gif

Puffy (Staraptor) (F) @ Choice Band

Ability: Reckless

EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Jolly Nature

- Brave Bird

- Close Combat

- Double-Edge

- U-Turn

497.gif

Tornado (Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Contrary

EVs: 252 S.Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Timid Nature

- Leaf Storm

- Giga Drain

- Dragon Pulse

- Hidden Power (Fire)

579.gif

GummyBear (Reuniclus) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 S.Defense

Bold Nature

- Psyshock

- Focus Blast

- Calm Mind

- Recover

612.gif

Haxor (Haxorus) (F) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Mold Breaker

Jolly Nature

- Dual Chop

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

- Dragon Dance

637.gif

Mothra (Volcarona) (F) @ Lum Berry

Ability: Flame Body

EVs: 252 S.Attack / 252 Speed / 4 S.Defense

Timid Nature

- Heat Wave

- Bug Buzz

- Hurricane

- Quiver Dance

473.gif

Forklift (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Thick Fat

Adamant Nature

- Ice Shard

- Icicle Crash

- Earthquake

- Superpower

Thank you to anyone who can help prepare me for the league and help me make any alterations/modifications to my current plan so that it's fully operational when I attempt the league, I strongly appreciate your input and assistance! :)

-You won't really be needing Giga Drain on Serperior, I'd go with Sunny Day personally.

-U-Turn, seeing as there are very few singles battles, isn't as good as you'd think; I suggest um, Tailwind or another support-ish type move?

-Haxorus could get better use from Dragon Claw. The 90 accuracy is a little risky if it comes down to a vital moment, tbh.

8/10, it isn't horrible.

@Silver

- But isn't sunny day kinda counterproductive? Considering it would power up fire types and make it easier to K.O him? I likely don't fully understand, but what makes Sunny Day good on him?

- Yea I was thinking that about U-Turn too. Tailwind actually sounds like a fantastic idea as I run a lot of attackers on my team and would be a tremendous boost.

- The reason why I gave him Dual Chop was because I thought it would be useful to get past a substitute. But you're right, the 100% accuracy would likely triumph it in most situations.

Thanks for the recommendations.

@Silver

- But isn't sunny day kinda counterproductive? Considering it would power up fire types and make it easier to K.O him? I likely don't fully understand, but what makes Sunny Day good on him?

To stop opposing weathers. Giga drain is redundant when you have a leaf storm OHKOing everything that you'd use giga drain on. Will stop Amaria from ruining you with Swift Swim Ice Beam and will stop Terra's Excadrill from sweeping with X-Scissor and Rock Slide.

- Yea I was thinking that about U-Turn too. Tailwind actually sounds like a fantastic idea as I run a lot of attackers on my team and would be a tremendous boost.

Best be careful of them Trick Room teams. Reuniclus is the only thing that would outspeed.

- The reason why I gave him Dual Chop was because I thought it would be useful to get past a substitute. But you're right, the 100% accuracy would likely triumph it in most situations.

I think Dual Chop is fine honestly. Better that than get walled by a subseed Whimsicott.

One thing I'd say would be that Charlotte will create a lot of problems as she does most teams. Not much counterplay when she has an Infernape and 3 potential Sun-boosted Heat Waves headed towards all of your pokes. Plus, 3 set-up sweepers for League really isn't the greatest option considering most leaders will be playing to end in less than 5 turns for Trick Room or Weather and also be in Triples.