Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Mudkip Breeding

GenshiD

Question

So, simple enough..Is there ANY way ,already in game, to breed a mudkip with Aqua Tail? Or even Waterfall? If possible, HOW!? Even Chain Breeding if necessary...I just NEED to know

Edited by GenshiD

21 answers to this question

You can't get Waterfall, because Waterfall is a HM, due to Ame being not implementing Waterfall or Surf in the game for the Water Types. and for Aqua Tail try getting a Gyrados that knows it, and breed chain it through there.

Yeah, after a quick look, I saw Marill learns Aqua Tail at Lvl 20....AND is in the same egg group as Mudkip....Gonna go with that first....But I need money for frienship berries....So...pointless grinding with Pickup Crew...yay :D

Goldeen learns Waterfall at lvl 37 and Seaking at lvl 40... Chain breeding is in fact possible:

- Goldeen ♂ + Remoraid ♀

=> Remoraid ♂ with Waterfall

- Remoraid ♂ with Waterfall + Mudkip ♀

=> Mudkip with Waterfall

Edited by Soysauce

Goldeen learns Waterfall at lvl 37 and Seaking at lvl 40... Chain breeding is in fact possible:

- Goldeen ♂ + Remoraid ♀

=> Remoraid ♂ with Waterfall

- Remoraid ♂ with Waterfall + Mudkip ♀

=> Mudkip with Waterfall

Well then, that will be plan B XD

Yeah, after a quick look, I saw Marill learns Aqua Tail at Lvl 20....AND is in the same egg group as Mudkip....Gonna go with that first....But I need money for frienship berries....So...pointless grinding with Pickup Crew...yay :D

APARENTLY Marill+Mudkip is a no-go....The Resulting Mudkip had Tackle, Growl and Water gun, but NOT Aqua Tail :(

Oh Well, better hunt some goldeen and Remoraid then

Mudkip can only learn Aqua tail via move tutor. Needa make sure you check the TM's and Egg moves a pokemon can learn before you try to breed.

Soy! If you can find a way to get wild charge + close combat on an arcanine without using smeargle you will be the one true breeding god. I'm pretty sure it's impossible but i might have missed something.

Hey stiff I haven't checked properly but a quick skim made me think its possible. The game should let your pokemon breed TM moves and chain breed so just keep breeding growlithes with Mankey and electrike and etc. I'm thinking of trying this for a granbull haha

Mudkip can only learn Aqua tail via move tutor. Needa make sure you check the TM's and Egg moves a pokemon can learn before you try to breed.

Soy! If you can find a way to get wild charge + close combat on an arcanine without using smeargle you will be the one true breeding god. I'm pretty sure it's impossible but i might have missed something.

Try Shinx > Mankey > Growlithe? I think that might work since all 3 are in the same egg group

Edited by Khayoz

Mankey can"t learn Wild Charge. In fact, there are only very Pokemon which can learn Wild Charge AND Close Combat at the same time: Snubull/Granbull and Growlithe/Arcanine. None of them can learn one of those mvoes by leveling up, so i'm afraid it's not possible yet without Smeargle. =/

I tried to do the exact same thing with mudkip through Golduck chain breeding, but that shit did nothing for me. So what I did is I train the original Mudkip to lvl 42 (most of which was daycare breeding) to get hydro pump then evolved it into marshtomp, kept that until lvl46 when it got earthquake then got a swampert with muddy water, take down, eq and hydro pump.

I tried to do the exact same thing with mudkip through Golduck chain breeding, but that shit did nothing for me. So what I did is I train the original Mudkip to lvl 42 (most of which was daycare breeding) to get hydro pump then evolved it into marshtomp, kept that until lvl46 when it got earthquake then got a swampert with muddy water, take down, eq and hydro pump.

Waterfall is better anyways. 100% acc 15 less power and physical dmg which Swampert is stronger in and better to train in Phys EV's along with EQ. I've missed 3 Aqua tails and 3 Muddy waters in a row 2 or 3 times. Just do the Goldeen>Remoraid>Mudkip method and bam you have waterfall GG. Hardest part is getting a female mudkip.

Waterfall is better anyways. 100% acc 15 less power and physical dmg which Swampert is stronger in and better to train in Phys EV's along with EQ. I've missed 3 Aqua tails and 3 Muddy waters in a row 2 or 3 times. Just do the Goldeen>Remoraid>Mudkip method and bam you have waterfall GG. Hardest part is getting a female mudkip.

Saving before talking to either starter pokeball or mudkip event and resetting...1/8 chance of female right? I got it in 3 tries XD