Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Sludge bomb + Sunny day + giga drain Venusaur

Stiffins

Question

Does anybody know if there is a breeding method to get these 3 moves onto Venusaur? I've been browsing through egg groups and haven't found anything. I guess it's another good old Smeargle method. >_<

Actually scratch the Giga drain. I'll take Solarbeam.

Edited by Stiffins

14 answers to this question

You can get Solarbeam + Sunny Day from a Cherrim, but Sludge Bomb will have to be Smeargle'd, yeah. :/

WAIT I'VE GOT IT! Breed this chain with a Ditto:

Male Grimer (Amorphous) [Has Sludge Bomb] > Male Gastrodon (Amorphous/Water 1) > Male Lotad (Water 1/Grass) > Male Cherubi (Grass) [Has Solarbeam + Sunny Day] > BULBASAUR (Grass/Monster)

Edited by Khayoz

First of all, Venusaur learns SolarBeam at lvl 53, I think.

Now with the other moves, you'll need to wait for at least one of those TMs... :(

...That is, until you realise that TM moves learnt through level-up can be passed down... :P

...That is, until you realise that TM moves learnt through level-up can be passed down... :P

I know that much, I just couldn't think of another way, and I saw your comment after I had posted mine. They popped up simultaneously! If I had seen it, I wouldn't have posted mine in the first place...

Aha! Nice one man thanks. I got up to Lotad and then gave up XD I was so close.

You owe me 1 hour of my life Khayoz. Shellos can't learn sludge bomb. G______________G

Smeargle it is. DAMMIT. There's nothing in Field to pass it on aside from stupid nidoran female who will only breed females. -.- You can't get sludge bomb on Venusaur without the TM. LAME! Why can't Venusaur use Sludge Wave? .cry

Edited by Stiffins

Just read this. I'm trying to find a way, be right back. =

First edit : I checked which Pokemon available have Sludge Bomb and which Pokemon they can breed with. The only thing we can do for Sludge Bomb is to either go from Amorphous to Mineral and Mineral to Amorphous (bleh lol) and Amorphous to Amorphous/Water 1 with Stunfisk. And Stunfisk can't learn Sunny day so you have to pass down Sludge Bomb first.

No possibilites in the Human Like group to get both moves at the same time on a Pokemon belonging to a second group (which is extremely sad)

From Stunfisk the only way i found was to pass it to Wooper (Field/Water 1).

Among the Pokemon which can learn Sunny Day, by leveling up, there is only Bellossom (Oddish) which can learn Sludge Bomb. Wait i think i found something.

Second edit:

OK that's it i found it: the " // " means transition to another group.

- Grimer ♂+ Stunfisk ♀ // To Water 1

=> Stunfisk ♂ with S Bomb

- Stunfisk ♂+ Wooper ♀ // To Field

=> Wooper ♂ with S Bomb

- Wooper ♂ + Mawile ♀ // To Fairy

=> Mawile ♂with S Bomb

- Mawile ♂ + Roselia ♀ (can't breed with Budew) // To Grass

=> Budew (Roselia) ♂ with S Bomb

- Roselia ♂ + Oddish ♀

=> Oddish ♂ with S Bomb, level it to lvl 37 for Giga Drain if you want, you cannot learn it by leveling through Bellossom

==> Evolve to Bellossom ♂with S Bomb and Sunny Day and Giga Drain

- Bellossom ♂ + Bulbasaur ♀

=> Bulbasaur with S Bomb and Sunny Day and Giga Drain

There you go! Check out if everything is right before testing... If it works, well I'm a freaking Kirby genius.

N.B: You learn SolarBeam as Venusaur, i know it'd be cool to have it directly at lvl 1 from Bellossom but it's too complicated.

Edited by Soysauce

Well, then while waiting for a female bulbasaur to hatch (saved with a male by mistake :( ), imma hunt the others on the link!

OR I would, if Stunfisk wasnt so GOD DAMN HARD TO FIND! I'm gonna settle for giga drain breeding...Gloom and a future female bulbasaur is enough...And hope for the tm to come out

Edited by GenshiD

i Just found Stunfisk on the upper level of the cave. At the beginning i thought i had to smash rocks, but no need, it's just a rare encounter. By the way, Static effect outside of the battle doesn't work yet, so my masterplan got screwed.

Edit : Whoa whoa. Just realized i could pass down Return from Lopunny, alright, let's go for my Staraptor.

Edited by Soysauce