Pokemon Universal Randomizer - v1.8.1

Dragon116

Hey folks! Haven't been on here in quite awhile. While doing things that were not on this site, I decided at some point to get into programming. Turns out other people do this too. One person, dabomstew, made a cool utility called Universal Pokemon Randomizer. Maybe some of you cool kids have seen it around. Well, I tried to use it and found it needed more cowbells. So that's what I worked on. I am pleased to present v1.8.1 of the up-to-now dead Universal Pokemon Randomizer. Featuring some great content that other people put in, as well as some of my own features.

• Rivals and Friends will no longer have duplicate team members.
    (the only exception is when a team is carried and a pre-evo is used)
  • Rivals and Friends can carry their team in addition to their starter.
  • Pokemon with stats above 190 or BST above 590 are now tagged as BIG in logs.
  • Moves with power above 95 are now tagged as BIG in the logs.
  • Pokemon types can now be shuffled on a 1-for-1 basis. Does not affect moves.
  • Split evolutions are no longer excluded from inheriting base form types.
  • Eeveelutions are guaranteed to have different types when types are randomized.
  • Base stats can now be shuffled between pokemon. Only applies to similar power levels.
  • Starter pokemon can now be limited based on their BST.
  • Starter pokemon can now be limited to just base forms.

A full list of features can be found on the "releases" tab of the below link. Be sure to look at v1.8.0 too!

You can find the downloads at https://github.com/brentspector/universal-pokemon-randomizer/releases/tag/v1.8.1

Both Windows executable and Java binary (jar file) are provided for your convenience, or download the code and build it in your own java environment.

I expect there are some bugs I didn't expect, particularly with randomized evolutions and gen 1 vs everything else. So please drop an email (preferred) or a message here (not preferred but accepted) if you find one of these. I should be able to get it fixed on a weekend.

• Like 3