Shade...Y U SO ANNOYING TO BEAT!?

Mukkod

can anyone give me a few tips to beating shade easily? im really having trouble with the chandelure because my Butterfree is slower then it and cant put it to sleep...i tried using a graveler but energy ball on a fire type is OP...Also i would love to know if you can get more then the crogunk from corey's team.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shade is making the game unfun for me, I've been stuck on him for days. His Chandelure sweeps my team, not to mention the level cap in this game is complete bullshit

My team is getting closer and closer to 41, I'm out of money to buy common candies, and theres no spots to grind pokemon this early.

Edited by Ei-En

Shade is making the game unfun for me, I've been stuck on him for days. His Chandelure sweeps my team, not to mention the level cap in this game is complete bullshit

My team is getting closer and closer to 41, I'm out of money to buy common candies, and theres no spots to grind pokemon this early.

I have no idea how you're losing to Shade with your team nearing 41......

Chandelure is one of the most fragile Glass Cannons in the game, if you can survive a shot and land a super effective move (Rock/Water/Ghost/Dark), there is absolutely no way you have a team full of pokemon that get OHKO'd by Chandelure.

Also, the level cap is limited in this game for the purpose of actually making this game a challenge, and even then, the game is relatively breakable with a simple Pick-up party.

EDIT: Understandably at this point of the game, you really wanna experiment on what works well with your upcoming battles, even before I beat episode 9, I've had reserve pokemon in the PC for difficult battles (Kiki comes to mind). Finding the right combination of pokemon will lead you to enjoy the story over pulling your hair out because of a single Gym Leader/

Edited by Woobowiz

I suggest finding yourself a dark type if your struggling with Shade, like Scraggy, or following through with the Team Aqua/Magma gang's story line to get a dark type at a higher level,(not going to spoil what you can get), but there are plenty to get at this point, if you chose to get one.

P.S. Not sure if Murkrow and Zorua are available at this point in the game so...

shade is fine the way he is. At worse just spam super potions and you can win. Mine revives if its that bad.

Chandelure can easily be checked by using a level 30 dugtrio and bulldoze and even a level 38 poke with base 55 speed should be able to outspeed chandelure afterwards.

Edited by Ussi

I'm actually at his gym now. I started a battle with him yesterday and was losing, luckily I had to leave and had a excuse to escape from the battle XD Right now im thinking of a strategy to fight him. This is the first leader who is challenging and its actually fun thinking about a way to destroy his team.

I suggest finding yourself a dark type if your struggling with Shade, like Scraggy, or following through with the Team Aqua/Magma gang's story line to get a dark type at a higher level,(not going to spoil what you can get), but there are plenty to get at this point, if you chose to get one.

P.S. Not sure if Murkrow and Zorua are available at this point in the game so...

I just happen to see this and am wondering how I start the Aqua/magma story. I knew it was present but not how to actually start it.

Oh, yes you reminded me, siding with Aqua and getting that Carvahna would absolutely DESTROY most of Shade's team, I used a Carvahna for that specific gym and it was no contest between it and a Scraggy.

Chandelure is one of the most fragile Glass Cannons in the game, if you can survive a shot and land a super effective move (Rock/Water/Ghost/Dark), there is absolutely no way you have a team full of pokemon that get OHKO'd by Chandelure.

Also, the level cap is limited in this game for the purpose of actually making this game a challenge, and even then, the game is relatively breakable with a simple Pick-up party.

EDIT: Understandably at this point of the game, you really wanna experiment on what works well with your upcoming battles, even before I beat episode 9, I've had reserve pokemon in the PC for difficult battles (Kiki comes to mind). Finding the right combination of pokemon will lead you to enjoy the story over pulling your hair out because of a single Gym Leader/

Infernape can't take a hit

Unfezant can't take a hit

Pachirisu can't take a hit

Digtrio can't take a hit

Even if I get over Chandelure, he still has Gengar to finish it off.

• Administrators

Digtrio can't take a hit

Clap clap you've found your issue without our help- now what do you do to fix it?

To the initial poster, Scraggy/Scrafty is basically the universal thing everyone uses to deal with Shade, and personally I went out and got a Mawile then leveled it until it learned Crunch.

Dugtrio is a good suggestion because it does outspeed Chandelure and can then slow it down for everyone else, and Gengar's not quite as powerful. Lanturn is also available before then under the right conditions, and can easily Thunder Wave either of them after tanking a hit.

Bulk > Power in this battle, at least against those two.

Digtrio can't take a hit

I find it highly unlikely your Dugtrio would be slower than a Chandelure considering they have 40 extra base speed than Chandelure, unless Ame was indeed an evil genius and gave Chandelure 252 EVs in Speed to have effectively 23 more speed than a neutral Dugtrio....

Gengar too because Dugtrio has 10 more base speed.....

All of your pokemon have relatively low Sp.Def as well, I would seriously consider investing in Scraggy JUST for that gym battle, if you don't have the time for that....X. Sp. Def would be a good alternative, I had a similar roadblock with Kiki, and I brute forced my way through that gym fight with +6 X Defense stacks xD

EDIT: I punched in the numbers, if you want to consider a Sharpedo through Team Aqua's sidequest, a Level 40 Sharpedo with no Beneficial nature or EV training can OHKO Shade's Chandelure with 1 Crunch and 2HKO with Aqua Jet. Gengar also falls to Sharpedo's Crunch in 1 shot.

Edited by Woobowiz

one that chandelure was hard to beat so dont make it seem like it wasnt i had trouble beating with all my other pokemon including W-Cyclone and Masamune Hoodlum took it down well his whole team actually lol

one that chandelure was hard to beat so dont make it seem like it wasnt i had trouble beating with all my other pokemon including W-Cyclone and Masamune Hoodlum took it down well his whole team actually lol

Perhaps it was just my experience.

At the time I had a Vibrava with Dig and Crunch, a Scrafty with Crunch, and Gardevoir with Psychic and Calm Mind