Valor Mountain battle

mattie779

I'm kinda stuck at the mountain vs Geara & Zetta... I've tried a ton of things, including making an ice-themed team that (eventually) got the field into a water-level field.. I also tried looking around for a snorunt in Evergreen Forest at night to no avail, which is weird to me.. My strategies included focusing one side of the team first and then hope that I can focus one down but Melia tends to switch sides.. I've got a lot of lv 55 pokemon now because of this.. My ice pokemon include Avalugg (for the initial tank and blizzard primarily), Cryogonal (for sometimes/somehow using reflect), Beartic (for dig mostly), Vanilluxe, Abomasnow (the hail), and some more. I've also got alolan sandslash (and ninetales) semi-ready for a fight, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. It seems like the last few main battles were just hoping to get the right circumstances and a lot of luck before I can finally beat them. My main team is Greninja, Zebstrika, Pyroar, Aromatisse, Vanilluxe and Decidueye. If anyone can give me a golden tip on how to beat them, it would be most appreciated! I've also (half) got a sun-team but since they start out with an EQ-ing, rock sliding combo, it would not seem wise to have too many fire-types.. I hope that the remainder of the game is less having to find just the right matchup for a team and having to start from scratch all over again.. My next plan would be to get a meowstic with prankster and getting the shields up, but I'm not sure whether that would get me any farther.. 

2 hours ago, mattie779 said:

I'm kinda stuck at the mountain vs Geara & Zetta... I've tried a ton of things, including making an ice-themed team that (eventually) got the field into a water-level field.. I also tried looking around for a snorunt in Evergreen Forest at night to no avail, which is weird to me.. My strategies included focusing one side of the team first and then hope that I can focus one down but Melia tends to switch sides.. I've got a lot of lv 55 pokemon now because of this.. My ice pokemon include Avalugg (for the initial tank and blizzard primarily), Cryogonal (for sometimes/somehow using reflect), Beartic (for dig mostly), Vanilluxe, Abomasnow (the hail), and some more. I've also got alolan sandslash (and ninetales) semi-ready for a fight, but I'm just not feeling it anymore. It seems like the last few main battles were just hoping to get the right circumstances and a lot of luck before I can finally beat them. My main team is Greninja, Zebstrika, Pyroar, Aromatisse, Vanilluxe and Decidueye. If anyone can give me a golden tip on how to beat them, it would be most appreciated! I've also (half) got a sun-team but since they start out with an EQ-ing, rock sliding combo, it would not seem wise to have too many fire-types.. I hope that the remainder of the game is less having to find just the right matchup for a team and having to start from scratch all over again.. My next plan would be to get a meowstic with prankster and getting the shields up, but I'm not sure whether that would get me any farther.. 

I believe that the move bounce turns it into a sky field. You could try using that. I tried a bunch of different mons but i settled with my team consisting of in inceneroar, raichu, espeon, krookodile, salazzle and crobat. Krookodile and salazzle were both completley IV trained and yes i believe a little luck was involved but melias zoroark got rid of krookodile and marowak easily then i had raichu get rid of gyrados and espeon for gengar. From there i used dig to get rid of the field and used salazzle to toxic everything thay could be. But i agree with you this fight and the angie fight were very frustrating. Especially because if zetta gets typhlosion out with the volcanixlc field it literally outspeeds and one shots practically everything.  So you could try bounce and see if that helps at all 

I just used imposter ditto to transform into typhlosion, who took out the other typhlosion along with 2 or 3 other mons. Then, I finished the job with my own typhlosion.

Just get something with eruption and you'll be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...