Help me choose my starter!

jjm239

Starter Selection  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these shall I pick?

• Akio (male)
    • Isamu (male)
    • Rhode Island Red (or Rhode Red, if it won't fit; male)
    • Default (no nickname)
    • Other (add what nickname you'd like to see)
    • Chicky (female)
    • Xena (female)
    • Akane (female)

I think you should decide this. Always ebing better because at the end you could be angry about the name somebody gave it ^^ But if ya want a name : Igzar/Egzar for Fire, Blafe/Bileaf maybe for Grass Type & Tsur/Szu/? for Water Type. Just some example I made up my mind the last minutes. But you will find a good name ^-^ (I hope so >_>)

I got a Treeko called "Jalean", it's "nice" but I hope it gets better when it evolves into his final form x'D
Also got a Magby, Kadabra, Kirlia & Vulpix/Wavile/Shiny Zubat >_>

I just hope youaren't scared about the high difficulty/KI in this game and that you need to spare evry fcking Pokedollar at the beginning. U rly need it I tell ya D:

Edited by Korence

Nicknames...Well, since you did not specify to which starter shoud we give a nickname, here goes my 15 list XD These are the nicknames I gave my starters over the years:

Bulbasaur- Eden

Charmander- Pyro

Squirtle- Shelly

Chikorita- Leaf

Cyndaquill- Ember/Amber if shiny

Totodile- Fang

Treecko- Slick

Torchic- Blaze

Mudkip- Levi (short for Leviathan)

Turtwig- Gaia

Chimchar- Infernus

Piplup- Bonaparte

Snivy- Sir/Lady

Tepig- BACON! Jk.... Babe

Oshawott- Poseidon

Nicknames...Well, since you did not specify to which starter shoud we give a nickname, here goes my 15 list XD These are the nicknames I gave my starters over the years:

Bulbasaur- Eden

Charmander- Pyro

Squirtle- Shelly

Chikorita- Leaf

Cyndaquill- Ember/Amber if shiny

Totodile- Fang

Treecko- Slick

Torchic- Blaze

Mudkip- Levi (short for Leviathan)

Turtwig- Gaia

Chimchar- Infernus

Piplup- Bonaparte

Snivy- Sir/Lady

Tepig- BACON! Jk.... Babe

Oshawott- Poseidon

I see a lot of sway when it comes to gender.

Chimchar is easy mode, as infernape is the best final evo out of all the starters to make dents in most gym battles. STAB close combat with 108 base speed is just too good against majority of pokes especially when playing on shift mode to switch out the stat drops for free.

The best three in my opinion are torchic, chimchar, and totodile. Torchic gets speed boost in which(with a proper nature ex. adamant ,jolly) then you got yourself a nice physical sweeper. Chimchar is the same story but it's more viable as a mixed attacker and an overall better movepool. Totodile is good because of it gets sheer force. Combined with crunch and ice fang, and it's gonna be awesome. I have 3 files, all of which use the fore mentioned pokemon. All of which served me well.

Keep in mind that you'll get mudkip, bulbasaur, and tepig later, so don't choose them.

Chimchar can work as a physical attacker as well. An Iron Fist Close Combat can put a serious dent in any team (especially Serra's). Team up with Drought Ninetales and you have a solid front two.

I personally had a female Iron Fist chimchar so I bred it with an Electivire to get the Thunderpunching/Firepunching Infernape I have now :)

I would just advise staying away from Mudkip, the dual typing of Marshtomp is useful at the start of the game but you'll get rid of him by level 25 or atleast I did. Pretty annoying when such a physical Pokemon gets mostly special moves. For fire it'd have to be Chimchar or Torchic you'd be surprise at the amount of stealth rockers later in game.

Edited by Drunk Cow

I would just advise staying away from Mudkip, the dual typing of Marshtomp is useful at the start of the game but you'll get rid of him by level 25 or atleast I did. Pretty annoying when such a physical Pokemon gets mostly special moves. For fire it'd have to be Chimchar or Torchic you'd be surprise at the amount of stealth rockers later in game.

Did you see the poll? I don't see Mudkip there.

EDIT: And now to figure out how to fix the game, because I can't play until I figure out how to fix the Frame error...

Edited by jjm239

Did you see the poll? I don't see Mudkip there.

EDIT: And now to figure out how to fix the game, because I can't play until I figure out how to fix the Frame error...

I did see the poll, just because you're the creator of the thread doesn't mean other new players aren't viewing this trying to decide their starter as well.

I chose Mudkip as my starter, great for the first gym becouse it get's a ground type when it evolves, but i never needed it becouse my Mr.Mime spammed barrier and sweeped them. IMO mudkip sucks from lvl 5 - 38. On 39 he will learn muddy water, and you can learn him Strength and he will learn earthtyquake. He is a god damn tank and he could take alot of hits which i loved alot! And he is pretty strong in phys as well!

I chose Mudkip as my starter, great for the first gym becouse it get's a ground type when it evolves, but i never needed it becouse my Mr.Mime spammed barrier and sweeped them. IMO mudkip sucks from lvl 5 - 38. On 39 he will learn muddy water, and you can learn him Strength and he will learn earthtyquake. He is a god damn tank and he could take alot of hits which i loved alot! And he is pretty strong in phys as well!

Hear that, kids? You can learn him something! :P