Sludge Bomb TM

KnightlyNobody

One thing I find very baffling about Reborn is that Sludge Bomb is not in the game yet.

.The Player as of Episode 18 has been allowed a multitude of more powerful and more useful tms like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt

.1/3 through Reborn,The Player gets Sludge Wave through Aya,which is more powerful than Sludge Bomb

.Most Pokemon prefer Sludge Wave due to the increase in power

.This hurts only a select few Pokemon which for some reason do not get Sludge Wave such as Roserade,Venu,Gengar,and Crobat

.The Best of these Pokemon is Gengar,but not only does the game give you far better pokemon,unless you are lucky Gastly is not available till very late into end game

.With Moves such as Swords Dance,Calm Mind,VoltTurn,and EarthBeam it is understandable why they are not in. With the Former,The Player can start running set up cheese and Hyper Offense VoltTurn Cheese,and with the Later they are very powerful and useful moves. Sludge Bomb only benefits a few Pokemon.

300px-Sludge_Bomb_VII.png

Keep in mind that Sludge Wave distribution is horrid: only a few pokémon can truly enjoy it (Nidoking, Salazzle, Tentacruel and Naganadel are the only ones that I can think of).

The same does not apply for Sludge Bomb and even mons that can learn Sludge Wave prefer to run Bomb instead to prevent hitting teammates in doubles or for its higher poison chance, such as Tentacruel, and Sludge Bomb can also be used as a coverage move for a good amount of pokemons that fear Fairy types (glares at Houndoom).

47 minutes ago, KnightlyNobody said:

One thing I find very baffling about Reborn is that Sludge Bomb is not in the game yet.

.The Player as of Episode 18 has been allowed a multitude of more powerful and more useful tms like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt

.1/3 through Reborn,The Player gets Sludge Wave through Aya,which is more powerful than Sludge Bomb

.Most Pokemon prefer Sludge Wave due to the increase in power

.This hurts only a select few Pokemon which for some reason do not get Sludge Wave such as Roserade,Venu,Gengar,and Crobat

.The Best of these Pokemon is Gengar,but not only does the game give you far better pokemon,unless you are lucky Gastly is not available till very late into end game

.With Moves such as Swords Dance,Calm Mind,VoltTurn,and EarthBeam it is understandable why they are not in. With the Former,The Player can start running set up cheese and Hyper Offense VoltTurn Cheese,and with the Later they are very powerful and useful moves. Sludge Bomb only benefits a few Pokemon.

300px-Sludge_Bomb_VII.png

Sludge Bomb is much more beneficial than Sludge Wave, because the higher chance to poison is much more favoured than the extra 5 BP increase, and it's accessible to more Pokemon that learn it. But can we talk about why Ice Beam and Blizzard are not available yet? 🤔 

Just now, Nebulazure said:

Sludge Bomb is much more beneficial than Sludge Wave, because the higher chance to poison is much more favoured than the extra 5 BP increase, and it's accessible to more Pokemon that learn it. But can we talk about why Ice Beam and Blizzard are not available yet? 🤔 

Maybe I am just a needles contrarian,but I much would rather take Guaranteed Power over a Chance of something occurring especially in Pokemon. Venasaur,Crobat,Gengar,and Roserade are really the only Pokemon that really benefit from it. Swampert,Goodra,Dragag,Nagandel,etc would much rather run Sludge Wave for more power. Sludge Wave also has the added pro in Reborn of changing several fields

2 hours ago, HUEnd said:

Keep in mind that Sludge Wave distribution is horrid: only a few pokémon can truly enjoy it (Nidoking, Salazzle, Tentacruel and Naganadel are the only ones that I can think of).

The same does not apply for Sludge Bomb and even mons that can learn Sludge Wave prefer to run Bomb instead to prevent hitting teammates in doubles or for its higher poison chance, such as Tentacruel, and Sludge Bomb can also be used as a coverage move for a good amount of pokemons that fear Fairy types (glares at Houndoom).

The Point of it being Single Target does help for Double Battles,but at the same time they are not enough double Battles in Reborn for me to say that it is all that helpful. Reborn does have more Double Battles than your average Pokemon game,but it is still predominantly single battle

The Example you gave is rather meh:Houndoom is already going to have 3 Move Slots Taken Up. The Only Fairy Sludge Bomb will help against would be Azu and Tapu Fini,one of which you are getting nuked by Huge Power Agua Jet. I would much rather prefer Willow as it is nice tool,and if I hate myself HP Grass or Electric. Poison is really not that good of a Offensive STAB.