Did you know that Masahiro Sakurai is the name of a researcher who is/was affiliated with the University of Austin, Texas?

ShadeStrider

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/305745499_Size_dependence_of_structural_stability_and_magnetization_of_nickel_clusters_from_real-space_pseudopotentials

Sure, this is on researchgate.net, but I actually found this article on a school site. It had the same authors:  James R. Chelikowsky and... Masahiro Sakurai. I searched "Masahiro Sakurai, University of Austin Texas" and I even found him on the "Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences" website. Sakurai's a Researcher, and James R. Chelikowsky is a part of the Faculty.

As a Super Smash Bros Fan, I am sure you know why this would interest me. I wonder what his colleagues think of his name?

Honestly, this would intrigue any bored student who happened upon this Article in School and was a fan of Super Smash Bros. The Name has power.

I think the actual article is inaccessible to students, only available to actual Researchers. But honestly, all I was interested in was the name of the person who researched the thing, not the actual research itself.

And that's all I know about the guy.

9 hours ago, BIGJRA said:

I looked him up on Rate My Professor, to no avail... Interesting that a name that we think is so iconic may not be unique, after all.

This may be because he's not an actual Professor, just a researcher who happens to work at the university.