Trying to get some decent pokemon

Okay its starting to bug me a little... I have like three pokemon that our any good two of them will likely be with me till the end but aside from that I am being spammed with pokemon who wont learn any good moves till level 40... take Bellsprout for example shiny and adamant and everything but its first physical grass move lv39 I have only just got to the jungle. I dont mean to moan guys its just annoying me a little and then the next bit is a spoiler stop reading now if your not at the Jasper ward yet.

I just finished the team meteor guy in the forest in the jasper ward and theres this random chick whos moaning cause she wants to do that, I am like K what ever she sounds like shes just got a starter... I know where to go next go SALAMANCE... you joking... Bellsprout why can you not be more awesome... I mean I am not after best of the best but I would like a cool pokemon to train with espcially with having to be careful with over leveling and what not...

Just keep playing. There a lot of cool hidden pokemon that you can find you just need to know where to look. And if you're really into it you can always camp at the game corner and get yourself a trapinch.

BTW, this game is meant to be challenging. That's why the pokemon at the beginning are so limited. Good Luck

Oh I know I am not after perfect but I am finding it hard to hang in that lileep the forest guy had literally destroyed me... I was lucky to beat him honestly. I am a little down at the moment thought I wasnt doing bad then one pokemon, not even his strongest pokemon steamrolled me...

Edited by Vergil the Dark Master

This game is challenging, it isn't an opinion, it's proven on multiple cases. All of the fights from Gym Leaders all the way down to just the random Pokemon Trainers you fight are all well thought out and meant to counter most of their weaknesses. Take Cradily for example. The only weakness it really has is a strong fighting type because of it's dual typing. The beginning of the game is much harder than it is later because you're limited on the pokemon you can choose and generally have to train specific pokemon to win fights. I'll just give a list of a lot of pokemon that helped me through the game and hope it helps you out some starting from the very beginning. Whismer in the early game is incredibly powerful due to it's Uproar as soon as you get it. Even if you wait til it's exploud it's pretty decent. Ekans eventually evolving into Arbok is another good one. Kriktune is also really good especially fighting Florina because it knows sing and Bug Bite. Trubbish early game is retarded because of how early it learns Toxic Spikes. Shit helps a lot in tough battles early game. Bellsprout sucks, but eventually turns into a Victreebel when you manage to find a leaf stone. not sure but I think the first you get is in a glowing rock after you get rock smash under the grand staircase. Another good pokemon I used early game was a the king of "Fucking your strategy up Troll" Butterfree. Knows every kind of status move in the game lol. Also knows confusion and has decent special attack and defenses. Weezing is pretty badass when koffing finally evolves at lvl 35. Scoliopede is another good one. No one ever uses one, but Golem is a pretty decent pokemon too and pretty much the best physical wall compared to Aggron. Tangrowth is an excellent grass type pokemon available as soon as you enter the forest (Just need to get it to lvl 40.) Rapidash, Toxicroak, Lunatone, Staraptor, Hariyama, Magnezone, Ludicolo. All really good. Sorry for the extremely long post. Don't shoot me. Hope it helps.

nah its cool but thanks for the tips I am going to give it another shot again... also doesnt help I was playing it at like 8.30pm meaning... I couldnt see shit lol but morning should be fine...

That's the spirit. New day, new shit. Keep trying.

get vulpix and wait till it gets flamethrower and extrasensory then evolve it and use a heart scale on it to relearn the move nasty plot. the fourth move can be anything you want but i have confuse ray on mine. and BOOM strongest fire type you can get in the game, two nasty plots and you sweep everything! ninetailes is how you give the middle finger to the gym leaders if you use this one.