How's my team guys?

Calicab

So I recently finished Ep 17 and I wanted to know your guy's thought on my team! It's definitely not a mono team by any means and in fact I believe my team has more variety when it comes to typings than most. ( PS, Amaria tried to drown me. So I drowned her instead.)

Poliwrath.PNG

Toed.PNG

Swamp.PNG

Omastar.PNG

Mushroom.PNG

Loco.PNG

@Calicab You have a very nice mono-water team 😄 With the right movesets, it can do really well.

I think you should also add an empoleon as it balances your team really well. Either swap it for poliwrath or keep it as a rotating team member.

I've been doing a water mono myself and I would recommend you to catch a rotom (found in generator room in shades gym) and change it to wash rotom (in a house in ametrine city). A magikarp can be obtained after doing the corin rogue quest and with gyarados there would be a great addition physical attacker in your team though with double weakness. Those are just suggestions cuz your team looks pretty strong.

If your goal is to do a mono water team, here are a couple suggestions: 

1) Get a a bulky water type. Fortunately, there are four good ones available at this point in the game. There's rotom wash, with access to levitate, electric moves, and can use status moves via thunderwave and will-o-wisp. You can find a rotom in the back of shade's gym. Toxapex is a great tank with good bulk stats, access to toxic spikes, and regenerator ability. If you're not into EV or IV training, then that extra layer or two of toxic spikes can really come in handy. Access to poison moves like sludge wave gives it type coverage against grass types. A third good tank would be miltotic. Access to marvel scale boosts milotic already high defenses. And in many of future battles to come, marvel scale will be activated in certain fields. And finally, the fourth option would be slowbro due to it's stats, regenerator ability, and having a crazy movepool (like flamethrower, dual screens, grass knot, drain punch, status moves, etc.).

2) If your swampert and poliwrath do not have ice punch, then give them ice punch. Depending on it's moveset, your Poliwrath can also benefit from learning poison jab since it will have a counter move for both grass types and fairy types.  

3) Switch out your swanna for gyarados. Gyardos has better abilities, stats, and movesets. You can get a magikarp in this episode by finishing the Corrin-Rouge quest. 

4) Depending on your luck and patience, people have been known to wonder trade froakies. Protean greninja would be a great asset to your team. A fairy type would be beneficial for the upcoming boss fights. Two good water/fairy types available in this game would be primarina and azumarill. If you want to run a water/dragon, then swift swim kingdra will be a great asset for your team. 

On 7/29/2018 at 2:19 PM, luis said:

@Calicab You have a very nice mono-water team 😄 With the right movesets, it can do really well.

I think you should also add an empoleon as it balances your team really well. Either swap it for poliwrath or keep it as a rotating team member.

Thanks :D. And yeah I just might, most of my team consists of swift swimmers which then comes the question, "What happens if I don't have rain up?" So I'll consider it!

10 hours ago, rayyan said:

I've been doing a water mono myself and I would recommend you to catch a rotom (found in generator room in shades gym) and change it to wash rotom (in a house in ametrine city). A magikarp can be obtained after doing the corin rogue quest and with gyarados there would be a great addition physical attacker in your team though with double weakness. Those are just suggestions cuz your team looks pretty strong.

I didn't know gyarados was in the game tbh. and Rotom definitely would be a nice support pokemon to pick up. I could have them on rotation. Thanks for replying 😄

9 hours ago, T.O.W.A.N. said:

If your goal is to do a mono water team, here are a couple suggestions: 

1) Get a a bulky water type. Fortunately, there are four good ones available at this point in the game. There's rotom wash, with access to levitate, electric moves, and can use status moves via thunderwave and will-o-wisp. You can find a rotom in the back of shade's gym. Toxapex is a great tank with good bulk stats, access to toxic spikes, and regenerator ability. If you're not into EV or IV training, then that extra layer or two of toxic spikes can really come in handy. Access to poison moves like sludge wave gives it type coverage against grass types. A third good tank would be miltotic. Access to marvel scale boosts milotic already high defenses. And in many of future battles to come, marvel scale will be activated in certain fields. And finally, the fourth option would be slowbro due to it's stats, regenerator ability, and having a crazy movepool (like flamethrower, dual screens, grass knot, drain punch, status moves, etc.).

2) If your swampert and poliwrath do not have ice punch, then give them ice punch. Depending on it's moveset, your Poliwrath can also benefit from learning poison jab since it will have a counter move for both grass types and fairy types.  

3) Switch out your swanna for gyarados. Gyardos has better abilities, stats, and movesets. You can get a magikarp in this episode by finishing the Corrin-Rouge quest. 

4) Depending on your luck and patience, people have been known to wonder trade froakies. Protean greninja would be a great asset to your team. A fairy type would be beneficial for the upcoming boss fights. Two good water/fairy types available in this game would be primarina and azumarill. If you want to run a water/dragon, then swift swim kingdra will be a great asset for your team. 

My team could use a support mon especially when most of them are sweepers, Who do you think should be swapped out though? All of my pokemon are ev trained, just not iv bred. I like the sound of slowbro though, If i can get dual screens my team would be unstoppable. I've already given poliwrath ice punch. Poison jab is already on poli. I like Swanna because of it's access to defog, which can clear out certain fields such as when I battled Corey, but it might be losing it's usefulness over time.  I don't really plan on looking for a froakie, however the other suggestions I'll look into. However wasn't Marill only avaliable via the mystery egg? Or is there another way?

3 minutes ago, Calicab said:

However wasn't Marill only avaliable via the mystery egg? Or is there another way?

Perhaps it'll be available now on E18, only time will tell. You can trade it though

2 hours ago, Calicab said:

Thanks :D. And yeah I just might, most of my team consists of swift swimmers which then comes the question, "What happens if I don't have rain up?" So I'll consider it!

I didn't know gyarados was in the game tbh. and Rotom definitely would be a nice support pokemon to pick up. I could have them on rotation. Thanks for replying 😄

My team could use a support mon especially when most of them are sweepers, Who do you think should be swapped out though? All of my pokemon are ev trained, just not iv bred. I like the sound of slowbro though, If i can get dual screens my team would be unstoppable. I've already given poliwrath ice punch. Poison jab is already on poli. I like Swanna because of it's access to defog, which can clear out certain fields such as when I battled Corey, but it might be losing it's usefulness over time.  I don't really plan on looking for a froakie, however the other suggestions I'll look into. However wasn't Marill only avaliable via the mystery egg? Or is there another way?

If you want to go with Slowbro, then I would recommend it. Slowbro is a good and versatile pokemon. And it synergizes with poliwrath and your sweepers. If you wish to swap out Swanna for another pokemon that has utility, why not try pelipper? Pelipper can pretty everything that swanna can do, but better. Having access to drizzle, protect for scouting, knock off, hurricane (which is 100% accurate in the rain), defog, tailwind, mist (which will allow to change the field into a misty terrain field), etc. Still recommend gyardos, it's really good. 

If you are not interested in using a greninja, why not try mega sharpedo? You can find the mega stone for sharpedo in the northern part of route 1. The inclusion of mega sharpedo will give you a dark/psychic/fighting core. Which will come in the handy in some of the future battles. It gives type coverage in support of poliwrath and slowbro, and slowbro and poliwrath can support mega sharpedo. And, mega sharpedo has access to some decent moves like aqua jet (highly recommend having one pokemon on your team that can use priority), ice fang (which will have a base stat of 98 via strong jaw), destiny bond (via breeding), psychic fangs (via breeding), zen headbutt (via move tutor), and super fang (via move tutor).