Hyouka

The party. I would like suggestions.

I am currently grinding for Cal

Chinchou- lv.26

-Charge Beam

-Water Gun

-Spark

-Confuse Ray

I just took it out to use against Cal. obviously needs training.

Cofagrigus- lv.37

-Hex

-Will-O-Wisp

-Shadow Ball

-Scary Face

Caught it because why not. May have his use in the future.

Infernape- lv.39

-Flame Wheel

-Grass Knot

-Close Combat

-Mach Punch

Starter... What else is there to say.

Stoutland- lv. 38

-Crunch

-Take Down

-Work Up

-Rock Smash

Carried me through Shade

Fearow- lv.37

-Aerial Ace

-Pursuit

-Fury Attack

-Mirror Move

Originally had a Tranquill but fuck that. It has been pulling its weight.

Scrafty- lv.40

-Hi Jump Kick

-Chip Away

-Crunch

-Brick Break

Helped with Shade. Will have use later.

I've also been using a Venomoth, I don't know how much longer I am going to use it.

• Administrators

There isn't a lot in the way of water types, as far as I've noticed, but if you can find a Corphish, I'd venture to say that Crawdaunt is stronger than Lanturn; mind that I do mean "stronger" and not necessarily better, for the same reason Cofagrigus is goodish- at least in my experience, things that can take a hit or two are usually better than the glass cannons like something like Chandelure would be. I actually use my Lanturn more than Crawdaunt. Does it have Volt Absorb?

If you want to explicitly counter-team Cal (which I assume is the case because Chinchou), you could use something from the Roggenrola line or the obligatory Geodude line... Solrock or Lunatone also exist, and learn Stone Edge at level 41, while having the added Psychic-type which helps in dealing with Infernape (and Emboar if he has one? I already forgot idk)

EDIT: oh i guess gyarados is a thing too

Currently mine is Gyarados, Gigalith, Ampharos, Scraggy(soon to be scrafty), Quilava(2 more levels til typhlosion), and roselia(i want roserade but i dont know how to get a Shiny Stone).

Ampharos has actually saved me a couple times due to his tankiness and its about to learn cotton guard i think so it will be the ultimate physical tank.

Sooo...i guess im wondering what people think...and of course if they know where a shiny stone is. But once everything is fully evolved the lowest base stat total among them will be Scrafty with 488 which is still high. currently i have a damaging move of 9 or 10 types right now which isnt good but i'll have more soon. Dunno where the earthquake TM is either though.

Gyarados is probably the best for outright counter-teaming him (Turn one: Rain Dance. Turn two: Dragon Dance. Proceed to sweep...actually, anything with Rain Dance is the best thing to use against Cal), but any good water pokemon should do the trick. Crawdaunt would pack more power than Lanturn but it's also a lot frailer and would be vulnerable to Electric-type coverage moves, which Lanturn isn't, so you'd have to make sure that Crawdaunt could outspeed his team if you want to go down that route. A Rock type wouldn't hurt, but again beware of coverage moves and especially burns if your Rock type is a physical attacker. Honestly, though, Cal is pretty easy so there's no need to over think things.

Edited by Ashka