Pokemon gender change?

Throhdown

So I decided to restart my reborn save awhile back and experience the game all over again(all it's mind numbing difficulties included)and started up with a fem charmander.After getting stuck I took a break for a few months and recently came back to it only to find my starter had turned into a male now.I know I didn't forget my starters gender or anything because I remember restarting my game to get it's specific gender.I'm not upset over it just a little confused how this could happen.

Guest Relinquished

There was a small bug before (episode 16), that made wild pokemon encounters like Tauros, rarely, be of the opposite gender, which should be impossible (female Tauros for example). I haven't witnessed (or at least noticed) such a thing myself, but it might just be a possibility there is something minor amiss with genders.

The other instance of such an anomaly I've seen (several times) is the Onyx Arcade's Nidoran-male being, well, female. Which is a minor bug caused by pokemon essential and can't really be fixed afaik.

Your starter changing genders may or may not be a related issue, but I think it's the first time I hear of an already acquired mon suddenly changing genders like this.

Did you update your game from e16 to e17 after your break? That may have somehow caused the swapping.