Rainbow Falls - OU Team (Peaked #1)

Dark Desire

Rainbow Falls ~ A RMT by Dark Desire

Team at a Glance

186.gif647-resolution.gif641-therian.gif149.gif385.gif73.gif

Introduction

Hey all! Dark Desire here presenting my first and surely not my last RMT! As most of you know, i'm not a person who usual builds a team by myself and usually doesn't use his own teams while laddering, unless i'm laddering on one of my competitive alts so i'm changing it up a bit by making a team and presenting it to you all in this RMT. This team has pretty good synergy and has a check for MOST of the things in Reborn's OU. But, since i'm not a fan of abusing some of Reborn's infamous Pokemon in OU, this team can be used in most other servers while staying in OU. And since this IS my first RMT, i do apologize if i don't explain deeply enough about this team. So here's the team, please comment and press the "like" button please~ and i don't mind very harsh criticism so don't be afraid to express your thoughts about the team!

Team in Detail

186.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Protect

- Toxic/Refresh

- Perish Song

Politoed is the MVP on this team, since this is a rain team and Politoed would be the only rain summoner in OU so yeah.The moveset on Politoed is pretty much standard, Scald for stab and the 30% burn chance, protect so he can have a decent recovery rate off his leftovers, Toxic for crippling pokes that have water absorb/storm drain like Gastrodon. And, Politoed having one of my favorite phazing moves Perish Song gives it such great usability within the team! With the Evs set up at what it's at makes him pretty bulky, he only takes 80% from Timid +2 CC from Terrakion!

Roles: Defensive Wall, Phazer, and Rain Summoner.

647-resolution.gif@Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Secret Sword

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Surf

This Rainbow Dash look-a-like here has been destroying everything that opposes it since like, whenever it got released >>. So yeah! Keldeo plays a huge part in the offensive role, without this guy and his amazing speed with his Choice Scarf, dragons like Salamence and Dragonite would ravage the team to pieces! Keldeo can outspeed both +1 speed Dragonite/Salamence Ohkoing/2hkoing them! Keldeo can even 2hko Latios after Stealth Rock damage with it's most powerful stab, Hydro Pump. Secret Sword plays a big part in the team being able to Ohko Chansey/Blissey which have always been big threats for rain teams. The Evs on Keldeo are self-explanatory being to help it's offense and speed.

Roles: Sand/Rain Counter, Wall Breaker, Sweeper

641-therian.gif@ Choice Specs

Trait: Regenerator

- Hurricane

- Sleep Talk/Grass Knot

- Focus Blast

- U-turn

This Tornadus here is another big offense player in this team usually killing things that even Scarfeldeo can't kill. And also gives the team a much needed ground resistance to the team. Stab Hurricane from Specs Tornadus-T can 2hko everything that dosn't resist it making it a great late game sweep! Focus blast usually takes out those pesky Steel types that usually get in the way of a sweep. U-turn keeps up the momentum in the team and you may look at Sleep Talk and think, what is this guy thinking? But with no sleep absorber on the team, Sleep Talk can surprise those Breloom's and kill them off with a Sleep Talk Hurricane, but also Grass Knot helps greatly with taking out Gastro,Tyranitar, and Hippo. And now with the Evs, they are pretty self-explanatory with maximizing the offensive in Tornadus's attacks.

Roles: Sweeper

149.gif@ Choice Band

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- ExtremeSpeed

- Waterfall

- Superpower

- Outrage

Here is Mr. Beer Belly, who is another key offensive player in the team. He can even survive the dreaded ice attacks which he is 4x weak against with his wonderful ability Multiscale! Dragonite usually takes out set uppers with his unique move ExtremeSpeed. This move has +2 priority so he can counter all of those Aqua Jet/Bullet Punch/Mach Punch users, which are pretty common in OU. Waterfall gives Dragonite a nice coverage move which is boosted by the rain, and also has a chance to flinch which can help a lot. Superpower can take out those pesky Steel and Rock types and then Outrage being the main STAB move within Dragonite's arsenal. Also the Evs here are again, self-explanatory helping out Dragonite's offense.

Roles: Late Game Sweep, Set Up Counter

385.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 216 SDef / 36 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock/Protect

- Wish

- Thunder

- Iron Head

Oh god, the Hax God makes an appearance in the team! This innocent fellow here is the main special bulk of the team, he can survive those Thunder's and Grass type moves and even counter the mighty Tornadus-T's Hurricane which does a measly 25% to Jirachi. Jirachi is also the only Stealth Rocker in the team, but that can be swapped with Protect to help Jirachi's infamous wish healing. Thunder gets an amazing boost from Serene Grace so Jirachi can go along paralyzing his foe's Pokemon with this move. And with Iron Head, the infamous technique known as Paraflinching comes into play giving Jirachi the title of Hax God. The Evs here are to maximize Jirachi's Spdef bulk/Hp and some speed Evs in there to help outspeed some slower Pokes in OU.

Roles: Special Attack Absorber, Hazard Setter, loltroller

73.gif@ Black Sludge

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd

- Substitute

- Toxic

- Scald

- Rapid Spin

And now with the team being almost finished, i thought i would need a spinner to keep intact Dnite's Multiscale and keep less damage apon switching for Tornadus so i chose this guy! This unique Pokemon has the ability to clear Toxic Spikes on switching making it a great asset to the team! Also he can phaze out some of the most dangerous threats to the team with the unique ability to toxic stall with Toxic and Substitute. With Tenta's ability, Rain Dish, he can gain around 12% HP a turn with Black Sludge which can help the process of Toxic Stalling. Looking at the Evs on Tentacruel, he has some speed to outspeed some sets of Rotom and Jirachi. With having such a low base Defense, adding some Def Evs would help since he already has a amazing SpDef base.

Roles: Rapid Spinner, Toxic Staller, Wall

Importable

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Protect

- Toxic

- Perish Song

Keldeo (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

- Hydro Pump

- Secret Sword

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Surf

Tornadus-T (M) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Regenerator

- Hurricane

- Sleep Talk

- Focus Blast

- U-turn

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- ExtremeSpeed

- Waterfall

- Superpower

- Outrage

Jirachi @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 216 SDef / 36 Spd

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock

- Wish

- Thunder

- Iron Head

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Rain Dish

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd

- Substitute

- Toxic

- Scald

- Rapid Spin

Threats: 257.pngBlaziken534.pngConkeldurr149.pngDragonite649.pngGenesect385.pngJirachi479-4.pngRotom-W-373.pngSalamence-212.pngScizor248.pngTyranitar251.pngCelebi454.pngToxicroak640.pngVirizion450.png530.pngHippowdon+Excadrill38.png3.pngNinetales+Venusaur186.png272.pngPolitoed+Ludicolo212.png479-4.pngScizor+Rotom-W-593.png598.pngFerrothorn+Jellicent

I hope you enjoyed looking at the team! Please feel free to use the team and if you could, comment and "Like" the RMT!~

hi

get rid of protect on jirachi, rocks are always more important

change tents EVs to EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spd Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) so you can outspeed subtoxic gliscor and shit

take 4 evs from attack on jirachi and put them in spec def

give dnite EQ > Superpower because it hits most of the same shit and no drops!!!

its a nice team well done im proud of you son

Oh okay~ i'll consider those changes, and yeah those 4 Evs to Jirachi's Spdef was a mistake >>. I'll make sure to change that later. But i originally had SR as my first option, was just stating protect cause it could always fill that spot.~

Politoed

Refresh-----------> toxic

Most of the time a poisoned politoed is not detrimental since you only have it in for one round to get up the rain up.

Tornadous

Grass knot---------> sleep talk

dem brelooms and focus blast already counters t tar

+ everything else rupe already said

ps. Rupe the Ampharos is really pretty :'c

I only mentioned Refresh as a possibility over Toxic because of an opposing Sub/Toxic Tentacruel which could be a great hassle to the team by burning/toxicing the offensive players of the team. And yeah, Sleep Talk would a better option since i do have Focus Blast. But, thanks for the rate Kam.~

Okay, just a couple things

First, I think sleep talk is a little bit well... a word you like to use, gimmkiy. It could work, but i think the slot could be better filled.

Second, On Jirachi, I would make him a physical attacker instead of your current set. instead of thunder, you could give him body slam. This way you could invest in attack evs making iron head stronger too. also, If you were to do that I would change the nature to (+SpD, -SpAtk)

Ryanna doesn't rate teams, sadly for you; I do

- This team has one of the biggest weaknesses to Electric of all time (4 weak, 2 neutral). Thankfully, for some odd reason, not as many people use Scarf Raikou, or else this team is getting swept very fast. Perhaps a Grass like Ferrothorn (waaaallllllll) or Virizion (wins a LOT of weather wars) somewhere can help you fix that problem, and if you think you can slip an immunity like Mamoswine in there then it will make it quite a bit better. Or make a noticeable difference at the very least.

- I see what you're doing with Tentacruel (hello stall), but I would choose Toxic Spikes here over Toxic as you get to poison more Pokemon, and with Substitute you get them down easier. However, that's just my personal choice.

- Unlike some other people, I'm going the other way and saying use Protect rather than Stealth Rock on Jirachi. Your dedicated staller will be doing enough damage to your opponent's team as they blindly switch in something that they hope can do something to it. Even the best make the mistake of switching back and forth before realizing there's a shit load of their team crippled by Jirachi.

Team gets a 9/10. Like I said, Electric weakness is huge, if that's fixed it probably gets a 10. But aside from that, nice team!

Yeah, i've been conflicted with that Conor since i use to have it as soley physical but i found Thunder pretty helpful for actually doing some damage if Jirachi happens to get a burn. @Ryan, i'm noticed that i have a huge electric weakness but the strange thing is that it's never really given me that much of a problem, Keldeo can outspeed and Ohko every common Electric poke with Hydro Pump but i'm willing to think about those suggestions about Ferro and such. Also, Toxic Spike Tenta would work but you can't believe how many people never have a SubToxic Tentacruel counter in there team. And lastly @April Tyvm, nice to see that at least somebody likes the teams i make. <3

I think Jroy means that by switching out the 4 HP EVs for like defense or something you can switch into rocks 5 times instead of 4 in case tentacruel dies to a possible surprise eq from a physical Latios (I may or may not be considering running Dragon Dance Latios now ^-^). Other than that your team looks strong :c

I give you 10 Joey faces --> :J out of 10. Keep it up!