Something New (OverUsed)

Eternal Edge

I've been really wanting to start laddering a bit, but I didn't wanna make generic weather team. I also wanted the team to be competetive but still have Pokes that I like in it, soooo I came up with the following:

I've really come to like Keldeo-R in the last few months. Initially when I heard about this fourth muskateer I felt kinda indifferent, if not even annoyed with this thing. HOwever, once I saw that he'd get a new form come BW2 I began to get more excited bout him. It's weird, because he didn't really gain any stats. Just a single move really, Secret Sword. That for some reason was enough for my to start adoring this thing. My love for it only increased when I pulled a Full Art Keldeo EX from a pack during only my second week of playing Pokemon TCG. So anyways, I really wanted to start making a new team, featuring this guy.

647-resolution.gif@ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Secret Sword

- Scald

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Hydro Pump

This little pony was the whole star of the team, so of course he was gunna be in it. Not much else to say about this guy. Using a special set of course, to get the best use out of this things special attack, Secret Sword, with a pretty standard set. I went for Scald over Surf simply because I planned on using this team in 1v1 mainly and the 30% burn chance can come in handy. Unfortunatly Keldeo doesn't get much outside of Water-Ice-Fighting in it's movepool hence the second STAB move in Hydro Pump. You could change something out for Icy Wind and use a different HP buuut personally Icy Wind isn't worth it, plus Hydro Pump can be useful when Scald just won't get the job done.

233.gif@ Eviolite

Trait: Analytic

EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 112 SAtk / 96 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Thunder Wave

- Recover

- Substitute

- Tri Attack

A few people told me I should be using Blissey in place of PS, but I really enjoy how this set works. I actually got this set from Inuki, though I think I may have messed with it slightly..I don't remember. I know P2 has not only given a few people trouble (Hai Ryan C), but it's also been there for me in clutch moments. Not much to say on how the set works. Para them with T-Wave, set up a Sub and Recover until ParaHax leave an opening for a Tri-Attack. Simple as that. I use Analytic because until something is Paralyzed Porygon will generally be slower, so it helps to boost Tri-Attack. I should probably switch to Download to be perfectly honest.

380.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Psyshock

- Calm Mind

- Recover

- Dragon Pulse

This slot was actually debated for quite a while, but I eventually settled on Latias. At first it was occupied by my regular ScarfChomp that I often use, but I later wanted to add Donphan to Spin and set up hazards, and I didn't want my team becoming too prone to ice attacks. I switched it to Haxorus nest, but then as my team was being built I only had 1 special attacker to 3 physicals. I finally switched to Latias, a Pokemon I've honestly never used before.

For not using her she's become quite a good part of the team. She's pretty easy to get set up with 1-3 Calm Minds usually, which once she has those she begins wrecking the opponents team. Psyshock cause with a special set most people would expect regular special attacks and such, plus I generally like taking Psyshock over Psychic.

593.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Scald

- Recover

- Toxic

- Shadow Ball

My first truely Specially Defensive Pokemon. P2 does a great job taking a mix of hits, but I wanted something that worked well with Donphans weakness to water. What better than Water Absorb Jellicent. In addition to their synergy I just realy wanted some sort of Ghost on this team, and it felt that is I added Chandy or Gengar it would just throw the team off for some reason. In the end I'm glad I went with Jelli. I went with Scald over Will-O-Wisp because while W-o-W guarentees a burn it has a lower chance of even hitting that Scald. Scald is more likely to hit and at least do damage while still having a chance to get the burn after. I added in Toxic for those annoying walls like Chansey/Blissey and finally Shadow Ball as its second STAB.

232.gif @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Rapid Spin

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

Donphan is the Spinner and Hazard Setter I mentioned earlier. His Physical Bulk also makes him great against my opponents Physical Attackers when I don't think Porygon2 can take the hit. He has great Synergy with both P2 and my Special Defender, Jellicent. I use Earthquake for the obvious STAB. I initially has Roar on Donphan so he could also be used as a Phaser, but I quickly realized that I needed some Ice attacks and Priority on this team, and so I replaced Roar with Ice Shard. It's been working wonders for me.

212.gif @ Choice Band

Trait: Technician

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Bullet Punch

- Superpower

- Pursuit

Finally come Scizor, the Choice Band variety. I usually lead with this guy in order to get an easy scout and switch out asap if I sense danger. U-Turn if I think I'll survive or outspeed and hard switch should things get to hot for him. (C wut I did thur cause Fire attacks heehee). I have a second choice of Priority with Bullet Punch which not only gets STAB and Choice Band boosts, but Technician as well, so it hits quite hard. Pursuit is nice if I can see my opponent obviously about to switch out of a dangerous situation and Superpower is nice to take out my opponents T-Tar should I be facing weather.

----------------------------------

So yeah, that's what I made with the assistance of some people in Main Chat on the server. I guess I'll mention them here. Thank you Rupe, Godot, Silver, Inuki, Hark and anyone else whom I forgot to mention. (Feel free to let me know if you helped as to jog my memory, I am writing this at 12:11 AM after a 7 hour shift at work, lol). I'm looking forward to getting some feedback on the team whenever possible. I know I need to add in some more coverage somehow...mostly a fire move because of things like Scizor, Forretress and Ferrothorn, but I've been dealing with those decently for now. I'd write a threat list but I'm not really good enough to do that yet so I apologize for the RMT being somewhat incomplete.

**PS: Names were decided while I was making the team in Main Chat as well.**

Silver (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Secret Sword

- Scald

- Hidden Power [ice]

- Hydro Pump

Inuki (Porygon2) @ Eviolite

Trait: Analytic

EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 112 SAtk / 96 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Thunder Wave

- Recover

- Substitute

- Tri Attack

KuroNeko (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Psyshock

- Calm Mind

- Recover

- Dragon Pulse

Ikaru (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Scald

- Recover

- Toxic

- Shadow Ball

Hark (Donphan) (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Rapid Spin

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Ice Shard

EternalEdge (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band

Trait: Technician

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Bullet Punch

- Superpower

- Pursuit

EDIT1: Fixed Keldeo-R's sprite.

EDIT2: Rupe is not CloudsAndPuddles, Edge.

This team would work freakishly well in rain, but you said you didn't want weather... so i'll leave it at that.

Other than that, I really have nothing to say about the team. the only thing I thought as I was going about the team was that you needed pursuit because of your chandy weakness, but it seems you have that covered with Scizor. Just watch out because if Chandy does come in and trap your scizor, your pretty much screwed for the rest o the battle.

Overall its an excellent team, I would give it a 9/10. Great Job!

Analytic--------------> Trace

Trace is a better ability for a defensive Proygon 2 due to the fact that you can usually use your opponents Pokemon ability against them. i.e absorb thundorus-t electric moves or heatrans lava plume. Analytic is a waste because it is almost always better to paralyze Pokemon first and than to finish it off in-case they switch Pokemon.

other than that not that bad!

Intermission at the hockey game, time to criticize as she looks on, hell yeah showing off. Okay, maybe not.

- regarding Porygon2: For the sake of what this Porygon2 is trying to accomplish, I will for once agree with Berserker. This Porygon2 is not really meant to be offensive, but more something of a troll. Trace helps greatly - with Intimidate, Flash Fire, all that shit.

- regarding Jellicent: Since you're placing more emphasis on Special Defense, how about Will-O-Wisp? In addition to residual damage, this gets both sides of the spectrum covered by slashing Attack, and eventually an opponent Pokemon dies while being conflicted as to whether to switch out or not with rocks on the field.

- regarding Your Little Pony: I kinda question Keldeo in the lead. It's not that it's a bad set, it's just that it's not going to kill leads that aren't of the sand variety. Picking from what's already on your team, perhaps Donphan is better. But that's me.

9/10 is my rating.

I'd recommend replacing psyshock with substitute on Latias. The point is to get multiple calm minds off and sweep, and you can't really do that if you get hit with a toxic or something. Plus otherwise, your team is pretty vulnerable to stall since Jellicent, Donphan, Latias, and Porygon2 aren't that useful once they are toxiced.

To Ryan: The lead is Scizor, not Keldeo.

Wow! Nice team Edgy, but yeah, i agree with the Trace thing cause if you're running Twave on it, you arn't really getting the boost from it arn't you? And also maybe try LO SD Scizor instead of Band? Both SD and Band would work well either way but since you arn't using a U-Turn momentum team, whynaut just try out SD? But overall, it's a very nice team and you seem'd to use it very well when i was watching you on PS! so yeah.~

Rate: 7.5/10